Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 05:03 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,273,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
But both had their high school completed correct? If you are from the notion that pain is better than good planning, ok.
Yes, but Levi can finish high school too in due course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 05:16 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,145,451 times
I am a Democrat, and I feel sorry for these two kids. They made some bad choices. They were then thrust into national headlines when their mom (and future mom-in-law) accepted the nomination for vice-president. Life is tough enough for young people who have children and marry too early. All of this publicity makes it even tougher. They are going to have to be very strong to make it. I, for one, am praying for them.

Old 10-13-2008, 06:00 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,537,332 times
I hope they stay in school. I really don't care if they both are remaking the movie Endless Love. I do think that he really didn't need to be at the convention. Palin also didn't need to shove her or her other kids in front of the press all the time. Kids need to take a backsit and it may be for their own saftey.

Old 12-30-2008, 04:05 PM

48,112 posts, read 21,992,097 times
I really dont care if they do or dont get married. I just cant help but think that two young people who violated their personal morality and started sneaking and lying and fornicating while still in high school.....have a choice as to when and if they will decide to get married....or whether they will, and for how long choose to force "bastardy" status on their baby.....But I cannot marry the man I Love and to whom I have committed my lifetime because we are both men.

They are another example of the assault on the institution of marriage from the far right....that sacred institution isnt in danger from me or my beloved.....it is in danger from those whose selfish and irresponsible behavior makes a mockery of marriage. When and if they choose to marry will not do anything to protect the institution they have made a mockery of.

Old 12-30-2008, 04:38 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,024,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I'm sure the crazed, vile Left will turn itself into a pretzel trying to spin it.

Have you ever seen so many people consumed with such putrid hatred?

It's really breathtaking to behold.
This thread was started by a conservative and you were the first to respond. Is this another effort to stir controvery and attribute it to the left?

Old 12-30-2008, 04:59 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,347,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
Parents shouldn't have to support a young couple. He must accept responsibility for his actions and enabling him would only hurt him. He will feel good about himself for taking care of his upcoming family and not being a freeloader. He can catch up on school later. Enabling is one of the worst things any of us can to do another. We all need to be self-sufficient and teach that to our offspring and anyone else should we get the chance.
When you have the resources to support your children's mistake children, you must do that, because by "teaching them a lesson in responsibility" you're really just hurting their child. Todd Palin doesn't have a real job, and the talk show circuit can more than pay for them to take on a baby while their eldest daughter and her baby-daddy get their diplomas.

Can you imagine what would have happened if the Obamas had a 17 year old daughter pregnant from a HS dropout Basketball player from Chicago?

That all being said, all this really tells us is that abstinence education doesn't work at all. If the governor of Alaska can't even teach her own daughter to abstain, how can we expect teachers to be able to get that message across to their students?

Old 12-30-2008, 05:02 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,347,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
He doesn't have to spend 18 years raising the little guy before he returns to school. Once all is running smoothly, he can go back. This kid seems like he has his priorities straight and he sure doesn't need his or her family supporting and enabling them. Thank gosh I don't reason like you.
So why did he drop out of school? He's not the pregnant one.

Plus, why didn't he use a condom? I started carrying a condom with me when I was 14...and he was seriously dating her, right? You'd think he'd be prepared and not put sex ahead of responsibility, right?

Last edited by Pug Life; 12-30-2008 at 05:18 PM..

Old 12-30-2008, 07:49 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,214,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Ummmm the LIBERALS shoved him into the spotlight with all the hate talk about him, Bristol, Palin and the pregnancy!
He did not step into the spotlight by himself he was violently shoved there
Let's look at a timeline:

The kids got pregnant.

McCain picked an unknown running mate.

Palin accepted.

The press - of all sides, but mostly the center (i.e., the National Enquirer is an unbiased smear machine) - tried to learn who the Palins were.

But it's the liberals who shoved him into the spotlight.

Right.

Old 12-30-2008, 08:40 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,274,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I'm sure the crazed, vile Left will turn itself into a pretzel trying to spin it.

Have you ever seen so many people consumed with such putrid hatred?

It's really breathtaking to behold.
The "crazed, vile Left" with "putrid hatred"? Hmmm. Take a look in the mirror, sanrene.

Old 12-30-2008, 08:41 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,274,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
OMG! What will this do to the left, other than more fodder for them to twist, and twist in! ROTF, LMAO!

Johnston speaks on Bristol Palin, Obama and baby - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081013/ap_on_el_pr/palin_wasilla_heartthrob - broken link)
Why do you post something like this, practically begging for an argument?

ROTF, LMAO!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections