U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-13-2008, 03:57 PM

1,549 posts, read 1,225,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
Majoring in philosophy or art doesn't make one an intellectual. Most criminals are democrats. Democrat party is comprised of poor people. Republicans are known for upper-middle to upper class. I'd say republicans have the monopoly on intelligence in this country.
Republicans are JUST AS well known (if not MORESO) as being the confederate-flag waving, racist people living in trailer parks.

not saying that is an overall "truth", but it is a stereotype that comes from somewhere (as all stereotypes do...)
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 03:57 PM

7 posts, read 6,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Some people dont want a President who is seen as an Intellectual? I wonder why? Why do people think they want someone that is just like them? Why not support for someone who may be smarter than themselves? My guess is fear. They fear being taken out of their comfort zone. At the same time, how many people shoot animals from helicopters?

The reason I don't want an intellectual is very simple. Intellectuals are very good at doing things by the book, but they lack common sense. They over complicate things that quite simply can be solved with common sense. Look at our government today, it isn't that complicated, yet in all thier "wisdom", they have screwed everything up two ways to sunday.

Old 10-13-2008, 03:58 PM

7 posts, read 6,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLDanford View Post
Republicans are JUST AS well known (if not MORESO) as being the confederate-flag waving, racist people living in trailer parks.

not saying that is an over "truth", but it is a stereotype that comes from somewhere (as all stereotypes do...)

Its funny because the Democratic party is the party of slavery, Jim Crow, George Wallace, and the Confederacy. Oh how things get twisted.

Old 10-13-2008, 04:00 PM

118 posts, read 90,034 times
In my opinion, intellectuals don't have the common sense that God gave a goose.

Old 10-13-2008, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclad View Post
Ixnay Leroy, you were directing it at the wrong person, nice try but that **** don't fly. Respect is earned son, try and keep up.
Okay, i'll try to clarify since you're having trouble comprehending.

I am aware the poster was responding to a liberal who said the same thing.

I couldn't quote them both.

I quoted the last poster who responded in kind.

LOL! I love when people like you tell me to keep up! funny stuff.

Old 10-13-2008, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman08 View Post
Its funny because the Democratic party is the party of slavery, Jim Crow, George Wallace, and the Confederacy. Oh how things get twisted.
That may be the history, but i'm talking about the current reality in this country.

Old 10-13-2008, 04:02 PM

5,085 posts, read 5,125,684 times
You can be an intellectual and have common sense, too.

Old 10-13-2008, 04:07 PM

1,961 posts, read 1,553,492 times
Quote:

not saying that is an overall "truth", but it is a stereotype that comes from somewhere (as all stereotypes do...)
You do realize the deep South is mostly registered democrat, don't you?

Old 10-13-2008, 04:07 PM

260 posts, read 383,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Obama doesn't take notes? Um, I think you need to go back and watch videos from the debates. He most certainly DOES.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclad View Post
You need to tell that to the simpleton he was telling that to. Try and keep up.
teatime,I stand corrected.
Ironclad, I am not a simpleton. I was gonna call you a dumbask,but I change my mind. No need to stoop at your level.

Old 10-13-2008, 04:08 PM

1,961 posts, read 1,553,492 times
Quote:
Okay, i'll try to clarify since you're having trouble comprehending.

I am aware the poster was responding to a liberal who said the same thing.

I couldn't quote them both.

I quoted the last poster who responded in kind.

LOL! I love when people like you tell me to keep up! funny stuff.
Funny stuff is YOU blaming the wrong person and then backtracking a weak spin. Here, have a bone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections