Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 05:44 PM

226 posts, read 312,090 times

Advertisements

I have talked to people who said they would never ever vote republican.....until now. I wouldn't count on number predictions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 05:49 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,739,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I dont think this has ever, ever happened before. The poor man has to stump along by himself, dragging this crazy woman with him, all the way to the end. Keep up a big smile.

You know, poor McCain. He's out there so alone. You have to wonder if some nights he doesnt lie there and think he was used and set up to fail by his own Party. It's like he's had NO help. No other Senators have gone out to stump for him, that Ive seen. Did the Party tell him he was going to be on his own, that he wouldnt be getting much support because they dont feel like winning this time (way to love America, guys!), or because they have to try to protect their own seats and he's poison somehow?

Well, maybe that's dramatic. There is the debate and he is scheduled to be on Letterman Thursday. And things could pick up.
Poor McCain? He made his choices - especially picking Palin. Did he address the issues the Republicans wanted or needed? Had Senators had faith in him, they would have "stumped" for him.

Old 10-13-2008, 05:58 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,121,138 times
Didn't Bill Kristol say that McBush should fire his campaign....OUCH

Old 10-13-2008, 06:01 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,597,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post

That was a pretty Mavericky thing to suggest.

Old 10-13-2008, 09:28 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,849,301 times
Quote:
Yes he did. And the funny thing is that he said it within a week of saying that they needed to ramp up the attacks. Sometimes it's difficult to recall everything you've written and said in the past, but a week!

Of course when you've been on every side of every issue like Kristoll (another Leftie hack working for the NYT, right?) it's difficult to keep up with what you said last week.

golfgod

Old 10-13-2008, 09:32 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx08 View Post
I wouldn't count on number predictions.
Don't tell me ....let me guess.....Because everyone you know is voting GOP?

Old 10-13-2008, 09:34 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,852,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
27 out of millions, wow! That is a ton of them.

Looks to me many dems are jumping onto the McCain ship in the last few days.

They all want jobs and Obama cannot deliver so they are coming over to McCain.
What, he needs mechanics for his Straight-Talk Express?

Old 10-13-2008, 09:55 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,455,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Oh my gosh look out I suppose all those people at the rally's are ...........................
Answer: they're the "Wingnuts", those same folks who shout stupid things like "Obama has Terrorist connections!", and who make up that hardcore 26-28% in the polls that always thinks "Bush is doing a great job" and "the country is on the right track", long after all the rest of the population is believing otherwise.

And when the GOP is finally licking its wounds, after what's looking to be a Dem/Obama landslide, the McCain campaign's going to become the posterchild for everything that went wrong by allowing the idealogue "base" to steer the Party.

Old 10-13-2008, 10:02 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,018,067 times
Larry King just mentioned that preliminary counts of early ballots has Obama ahead 49 to 41...

Old 10-13-2008, 10:04 PM

1,120 posts, read 2,591,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Here's a new web page dedicated to documenting the collapse of support for John McCain from Republicans and conservatives. So far, there are 27 examples of Republicans jumping ship like the rats they are.

While you're at it, check out what Bill Kristol, one of the 27, had to say about the McCain campaign on Faux News Sunday:

YouTube - Kristol Unloads: McCain Campaign 'Stupid...Pathetic...Flailing'

The Titanic is sinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections