Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2008, 10:29 PM

852 posts, read 1,357,025 times

Advertisements

I've read many times that Democrats are trying to make race an issue. They say this despite the fact that far too many ignorant McCain/Palin supporters yell things like "terrorist" and "kill him" and "off with his head." What do you attribute this to you if you don't think its race? It's clearly not about the issues. Do you think its because he might be a terrorist? And what makes you so sure when guys who have worked with are confident that he isn't (McCain, Kennedy, Hagel, Clinton, etc). This appears to be nothing more than racism and hate and it's pretty appalling to see. In fact, this will forever destroy McCain's legacy if he doesn't soon denounce the hate speech from these cuckoo's. Opinions or answers are welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 10:43 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times
Got a match? I'm off to burn some lowercase "t's in the front yard.

Old 10-14-2008, 12:29 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,186 times
What McCain and his gang have done is to provide cover to those who hate the idea of a black man being president. Now they can pretend to be "patriots" who are only concerned that Senator Obama is "terrorist" or "not really a citizen" or "scary and secretive." I don't think anyone is fooled by this for a minute. But they like to pretend and in their little world they work one another up to a fever pitch. My greatest fear that, among the haters, there may be one just crazy enough....

Old 10-14-2008, 12:37 AM

1,958 posts, read 2,494,487 times
Yawn, if you don't vote for him you MUST be a racist. Could it possibly be because you don't agree with his policies and pi$$ poor judgment? Nawwww, couldn't be, gotta be a racist, yeah, that's the ticket.

Old 10-14-2008, 12:39 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,075,206 times
This should answer your questions.

WATCH THESE

YouTube - McCain to Rally Crowd: "I Want Everyone to Be Respectful"

YouTube - McCain Tries to Tame Flames

YouTube - McCain: "You Do Not Have To Be Scared" of Obama as President

Old 10-14-2008, 12:44 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclad View Post
Yawn, if you don't vote for him you MUST be a racist. Could it possibly be because you don't agree with his policies and pi$$ poor judgment? Nawwww, couldn't be, gotta be a racist, yeah, that's the ticket.
I'm obviously not talking about those who are not voting for him because they disagree with his ideas. I'm talking about those who claim they aren't voting for him because "he's a terrorist" or "he isn't an American" or "he's strange and scary." If you are sincerely opposed to his vision for America then of course there is nothing wrong with not voting for him. I know that is why I'm not voting for McCain. I don't agree with his vision of America.

Old 10-14-2008, 01:02 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,075,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I'm obviously not talking about those who are not voting for him because they disagree with his ideas. I'm talking about those who claim they aren't voting for him because "he's a terrorist" or "he isn't an American" or "he's strange and scary." If you are sincerely opposed to his vision for America then of course there is nothing wrong with not voting for him. I know that is why I'm not voting for McCain. I don't agree with his vision of America.
There are red flags on Obama that people wonder about. But Obama has not come forth quickly on the inquiries.

McCain quickly solved the issues haunting his campaign.

1) McCain addressed his supporters who where spewing hate.

YouTube - McCain to Rally Crowd: "I Want Everyone to Be Respectful"

YouTube - McCain Tries to Tame Flames

YouTube - McCain: "You Do Not Have To Be Scared" of Obama as President

2) Palin's Abuse of Power has been addressed - There was NO COVER-UP on the side. She was found GUILTY. YAY!!! Let her get her punishment.

3) McCain's birth certificate and other personal records were presented as demanded by the public!!! There was NO pulling teeth here.

4) The Keating case was easy. Just read the entire case and you find that McCain is NOT guilty.

5) Firing McCain's advisor over racial column was accomplished.

6) McCain addressed his temper
YouTube - McCain on 'This Week' - Part 1 of 3 - 4/20/08

If there are more issues in the McCain/Palin camp, I hope they continue to close the issues quickly!!!!

This quick handling of issues cannot be ignored!!!! And this is what is needed rather than an endless array of cover-ups and excuses!!!!

This shows that McCain can clearly see an issue and is willing to solve it quickly.

Old 10-14-2008, 01:16 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yman97 View Post
I've read many times that Democrats are trying to make race an issue. They say this despite the fact that far too many ignorant McCain/Palin supporters yell things like "terrorist" and "kill him" and "off with his head." What do you attribute this to you if you don't think its race? It's clearly not about the issues. Do you think its because he might be a terrorist? And what makes you so sure when guys who have worked with are confident that he isn't (McCain, Kennedy, Hagel, Clinton, etc). This appears to be nothing more than racism and hate and it's pretty appalling to see. In fact, this will forever destroy McCain's legacy if he doesn't soon denounce the hate speech from these cuckoo's. Opinions or answers are welcome.
The level of hate and level of stupid anti-Obama posts rises with Obama's poll numbers....

Old 10-14-2008, 01:23 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Yes, but what about the 91% support Obama enjoys in the African-American community. That only leaves 9%, or less, of that important demographic supporting McCain. Pass the smell test ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections