Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Well?
I am a woman and would be honored to sign up for the draft and fight in battle when needed. 19 57.58%
No. 11 33.33%
What's the draft? 3 9.09%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 10:20 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times

Advertisements

Yes we need to draft women like the character of "Vasquez" in "Aliens": http://www.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/~pcfe/Snd/rock.aif

In fact we need a whole force of them. Imagine dropping them into the a terrorist nest in Burkhas and then they whip out the machine guns!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 10:30 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrey View Post
It should get to all soldiers yes but seeing it happen to women evokes a different reaction in men for whatever reason. That's not to say they're not bothered by seeing their buddy lying injured because they are but when it's a woman the response has been reported to be much stronger.

As far as men raping women...well, rape is a power thing as we all know. What is interesting/sad is that there was an anon survey/poll done a couple of years ago in which men were asked if they were alone on a deserted island with a woman who wasn't interested, would they rape her to get off. Something like 80% said yes they would. Take from that what you will.

To be fair to men, while I agree about them controlling women I'm not certain it is always a conscious thought either. Women have the ability to set off what seems to be hard coded protective instincts in men.

I don't think it's inherent in men to protect women...afterall THEY RAPE women.

Controlling women is learned from the cradle....

and is it "protecting" them? No, it's a sly form of controlling them.

"""but when it's a woman the response has been reported to be much stronger."""

They should work on controlling their emotions on the battlefield...and I'm sure that's only true for SOME men.....

if men were so sensitive about what happens to women in war ...there wouldn't be any wars.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:45 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,639,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLDanford View Post
Wow! I had no idea you were able to predict the future

Your post is ridiculous alarmism. unfounded speculation. You need to take a second look at mcCain - maybe then you'd realize he is a man without a plan. A complete sell-out. And he changes his positions every 15 minutes. Now THAT'S the steady hand we need in the midst of this crisis
Obama is the guy we need. And it looks like he'll be the guy we get

We don't NEED either of them, both are disastrous losers. However, McCain is LESS so, AND the lesser of two evils.

I do not predict the future, but do have good insight and judgment, so rarely have cause to regret important decisions made. I CAN predict with fair certainty, however, that you will rue the day you "get" your guy.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:56 AM

3,507 posts, read 13,454,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Even if they were drafted, it does not mean that they would have to actually fight.
I don't think Obama would reinstate the draft. I think McCain would.
Presidents has to have Congress on their side and of course with Pelosi running that mess, Obama would get his wish!

Old 10-14-2008, 10:56 AM

1,555 posts, read 1,979,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
We don't NEED either of them, both are disastrous losers. However, McCain is LESS so, AND the lesser of two evils.

I do not predict the future, but do have good insight and judgment, so rarely have cause to regret important decisions made. I CAN predict with fair certainty, however, that you will rue the day you "get" your guy.
It's arrogant and foolish to claim that you can predict ANYTHING with "fair certainty."
If you knew anything about good insight and judgement you'd be voting Obama.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:07 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,639,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLDanford View Post
It's arrogant and foolish to claim that you can predict ANYTHING with "fair certainty."
If you knew anything about good insight and judgement you'd be voting Obama.

Nope, he doesn't do it for me.....

Old 10-14-2008, 11:19 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,410,078 times
You can't have it both ways. Want equal rights?

Then you have equal responsibilities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections