Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 10:40 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times

Advertisements

I have always been a supporter of John McCain. Met him at a few fights in Las Vegas and have always liked him. I voted for him in the Republican primaries. Thought of all the potential Republican nominees, he was the best. Then he goes and chooses Palin as his VP and loses my support.

She's not scholar (like Condi) and does not have ANY foriegn experience (sorry Sarah, being close to Russia is unacceptable). Just a few years ago, her career goal was to be a news anchor. This is not what our country needs.

McCain should be ashamed of himself. He wants to be president but his very first decision is to pick an unqualified VP candidate. This is poor judgement on his part considering all the other qualified GOP people he could have chosen this was a grave mistake. It baffles me that people actually think she is a good choice.

Sometimes, the best thing we can do as Americans, is to vote for what will be best for our COUNTRY, not vote based on what political party we support. Please think about our country before you vote and dont just blindly vote for party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 10:46 AM

2,868 posts, read 9,552,858 times
I agree...That pick was the begining of the end for McCain...so who will you be voting for?

Old 10-14-2008, 12:45 PM

2,540 posts, read 3,734,968 times
Let it go, man.

Old 10-14-2008, 12:47 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
I agree.

She was a horrible pick. Totally unpolished, even crude. Also not very gracious and a bit cocky.

Old 10-14-2008, 12:53 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,846,511 times
She was McCains "iraq war". She was chosen for all the wrong reasons. If he had picked a viable VP candidate like Romney or Paul he probably would not be in the position he is now.

Old 10-14-2008, 12:54 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,854,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
I have always been a supporter of John McCain. Met him at a few fights in Las Vegas and have always liked him. I voted for him in the Republican primaries. Thought of all the potential Republican nominees, he was the best. Then he goes and chooses Palin as his VP and loses my support.

She's not scholar (like Condi) and does not have ANY foriegn experience (sorry Sarah, being close to Russia is unacceptable). Just a few years ago, her career goal was to be a news anchor. This is not what our country needs.

McCain should be ashamed of himself. He wants to be president but his very first decision is to pick an unqualified VP candidate. This is poor judgement on his part considering all the other qualified GOP people he could have chosen this was a grave mistake. It baffles me that people actually think she is a good choice.

Sometimes, the best thing we can do as Americans, is to vote for what will be best for our COUNTRY, not vote based on what political party we support. Please think about our country before you vote and dont just blindly vote for party.
Precisely. Which is why I am voting for a Democrat for the first time since Clinton in 1992.

But just like people put too much stock in Palin rescuing....ahem.. energizing McCain's campaign (at and just after the convention), people are putting too much stock in Palin hurting McCain's campaign. She's a non sequitor. When it comes time to pull that trigger, most people do not choose the Vice President.

Old 10-14-2008, 12:54 PM

48,132 posts, read 22,004,457 times
She weakens the ticket with independants and with moderates she does cement the right wing base that never liked McCain; he had the surge following his party's convention and its been down hill from there. Sarah Palin and family are not an average American family.....we are better than that.

She will drive some to vote for Obama and others to stay home. McCain will lose the election and should and he has also lost his honor and reputation as someone who puts America first.....he put his election first and has lost it all.

I would normally agree tht people dont vote for the Veep......but with his advanced age and health history...it is a consideration.

Old 10-14-2008, 12:56 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
If McCain had picked Jesus Christ liberals would be saying he picked a dumb bumpkin with no real understanding of the way the world works and plus a religious extremist.

lets stop with this duplicitous blather. It doesnt matter to liberals who gets picked. Liberals are going to insult their intelegence and seek to prove how terrible they are.

face it. that is what you people do.

Old 10-14-2008, 01:43 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,854,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
If McCain had picked Jesus Christ liberals would be saying he picked a dumb bumpkin with no real understanding of the way the world works and plus a religious extremist.

lets stop with this duplicitous blather. It doesnt matter to liberals who gets picked. Liberals are going to insult their intelegence and seek to prove how terrible they are.

face it. that is what you people do.
OK, so what about the non-liberals who think Palin is a huge liability? Including many conservatives?

By all means let's stop with the blather.

Old 10-14-2008, 01:46 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
OK, so what about the non-liberals who think Palin is a huge liability? Including many conservatives?

By all means let's stop with the blather.
Please. the non-liberal is listening to the media tell them what to think.

they would think the same thing about Jesus if that had been the pick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections