Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 12:18 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,842,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zel Ya View Post
Palin's elevator doesn't go to the top floor.
Have you ever been elected Governor of a state? Seems like her elevator did, in fact, go to the top floor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 12:18 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
If Palin ever became President, it would be sad to know that three quarters of the people watching her make an address will be wondering if she is wearing panties instead of listening to what she is saying. Is that what the American people really want?
aren't you very very clever to write such a sexist thing. Clever I tell ya clever! You will not down play her experience with such piggish talk. She will be a Fantastic VP.........

Old 10-14-2008, 12:20 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
Quote:
Please tell me this isn't true. Palin was brought to the campaign, not for her brains but her looks and to try to "con" the female voters. Might not be pleasant but it's true.
I still don't get it- WHO can give an example of this person's brains? because she wears glasses?, because she was elected governor in a state with only two major cities? because she left the town of Wasilla in the red?

Seriously how does anyone believe Palin is intelligent? You have to be a class A slacker to not graduate from five colleges.

Old 10-14-2008, 12:21 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,843,540 times
Thank god she isn't going to be elected. Thank God that the Republican Views will no longer be an issue. The hypocritical calling Obama a terrorist yet cannot take any criticism about themselves. Accusations only fly one way in the Republicans world.

Old 10-14-2008, 12:24 PM

177 posts, read 261,321 times
Hunting for sport, is her choice. I oppose it but hey,whatever makes her happy.

Palin wants to take the polar bear off the endangered species list...why?
She and other Alaska elected officials fear a listing will cripple oil and gas development in prime polar bear habitat off the state's northern and northwestern coasts.

Due to climate change the polar bear is unable to survive for very long. The Federal government protected them. She wants to sue the Federal Govt. to lift their protection, for the sake of oil and gas.

Screw oil and gas, there are other places to find it. Leave the Polar Bear to live in peace.

Old 10-14-2008, 12:24 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,843,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
I still don't get it- WHO can give an example of this person's brains? because she wears glasses?, because she was elected governor in a state with only two major cities? because she left the town of Wasilla in the red?

Seriously how does anyone believe Palin is intelligent? You have to be a class A slacker to not graduate from five colleges.
Sooooooooooo True! Sarah is the one responsible for becoming a joke. She did it to herself by not being able to handle a simple interview. She did it to herself by just repeating rehearsed soundbites in the Debate. She did it to herself by becoming malicious on the stump. No one has to prove she has no brains...she does that herself.

Old 10-14-2008, 12:25 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
Quote:
Thank god she isn't going to be elected. Thank God that the Republican Views will no longer be an issue. The hypocritical calling Obama a terrorist yet cannot take any criticism about themselves. Accusations only fly one way in the Republicans world.
well than talk sexist about obama. There are many things about a man that is sexual not that any is about obama but regardless....
be degrading and piggish about him if you want fair....

Oh and obama is a Terrorist

Old 10-14-2008, 12:27 PM

20,454 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Quote:
Ferd.....Why do you support Palin c'mon, be honest!
mostly because Babs "the nose" striesand (yes I know I misspelled her name) hates her.
I get my marching orders from babs. if she likes it I hate it. If she supports it I oppose it.
If she makes an argument, I understand innately that the counter argument is both true and supported by the sweet clean Lord Jesus Christ.
Babs is a horrible embodiment of all that is wrong with America.
Palin has taken stands that have killed lesser politicians careers and she has survived and thrived.

Palin represents common sense values that people like me have always held.

She is right on global warming, lowering taxes, drilling for oil, energy independence, healthcare, taxes, the supreme court (even if I can name more decisions than she can), the roll of government....I could go on but I think you get it.

She represents the values that many of us hold dear. One very important aspect of that is that She recognizes that the American Dream isn't a right. It is a goal to be worked for. She understands that the government should not be in the business of giving people houses. the role of government is to make the nation a place where business can succeed and create jobs that workers can fill and find their own version of the American dream.
I know this is going to make liberals roll their eyes because they think they have the market on smarts but this woman is very bright and has been successful repeatedly. She is now a novice on the national stage but she will grow into it and if (and it is a huge if) John McCain wins this election, in four years Palin is going to be a force to recon with.

Old 10-14-2008, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Please tell me this isn't true. Palin was brought to the campaign, not for her brains but her looks and to try to "con" the female voters. Might not be pleasant but it's true.
that isnt true.

It is the typical sexist kind of thing we have come to expect from the political left. It represents the reality that while claiming to be the champion of women, liberals have just been using women to further their political goals of expanded government.

but it isnt true.

So, how does it feel to be a sexist? Isnt that the same thing as being a racist?

Old 10-14-2008, 12:31 PM

Quote:
correction.... Republicans has stated that Barak Obama launched his political career from the living room of a terrorist.

That is factually correct.

or do you think Bill Ayers is a fine upstanding American?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections