Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 12:57 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,111,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Yup! I've been saying this all along, whenever people say "don't you feel sorry for Sarah Palin." This nomination was the luckiest break she ever got. She's going to make millions off of it and she'll be one of the most successful celebrities of this century.

Why should anyone feel sorry for her? I should be so lucky!

Yeah, look at all the fame Anna Nicole got for having done nothing noteworthy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 01:01 PM

1,933 posts, read 1,825,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I think you're right and I hope you are because that means she won't be VP. And I can take her a lot more easily as one of the Fox "News" talking heads than I could as VP.
ITA I especially like the part of not being the VP.

Old 10-14-2008, 01:02 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
Quote:
She used them as an excuse.
She brought them into the conversation.
I responded to her comment.
How would I know if she was childed or not if she didn't present the information and use it as an excuse?
There's a difference between an excuse and a reason. I think you're just trying to justify a classless attack.

Quote:
Yup! I've been saying this all along, whenever people say "don't you feel sorry for Sarah Palin." This nomination was the luckiest break she ever got. She's going to make millions off of it and she'll be one of the most successful celebrities of this century.

Why should anyone feel sorry for her? I should be so lucky!
I'm thoroughly expecting some kind of sit-com to result from this. And of course a book deal.

Old 10-14-2008, 01:08 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
My opinion is that when you bring your children as an excuse, you make them fair game.
If they're that distracting, perhaps the parenting part should come in.

I find it interesting that you think I'm a "palinista" because I don't think it's cool to blame kids when it's convenient.

Old 10-14-2008, 01:10 PM

107 posts, read 240,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
The article described by the OP sounds intersesting; does anyone have a link?
I don't know if it's hit print yet but CNN has played that clip from Limbaugh's radio show. Wow. Talk about a stupid comment. She did, though, follow her "I have nothing to lose" within a few seconds with "but America does". I think the McCain campaign was much wiser to keep Palin's mouth taped and her hidden away from anyone who understands the spoken word, reads sign language or reads lips. How many holes do you suppose McCain's numerous homes have in their walls from his beating his head on them over his 'energize the base' VP pick?

Old 10-14-2008, 01:10 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,111,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
My opinion is that when you bring your children as an excuse, you make them fair game.

I find it interesting that you think I'm a "palinista" because I don't think it's cool to blame kids when it's convenient.

Your dislike of children and people who have children is well know. I just think it is very telling that you seized upon that one part of a person's remarks to once again attack parents.

Old 10-14-2008, 01:23 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
I find it interesting that you think that I think you're a Palinista; my comment about that was directed elsewhere.

Quote:
Why didn't you try reading the OP and responding to the content? Did you really get anything from attacking a misspelling?

Old 10-14-2008, 01:24 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,948,929 times
Quote:
I hear Electoral-map Purple is the hot color these days.
Also Obama Pink. It's a hot pink because he's--well--hot!

Old 10-14-2008, 01:27 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,538,478 times
I really don't care but I 'm a very good parent in fact. I have 7 children and until earlier this year was a Foster parebt to 45 . We have adopted as well. I didn't use my children as a excuse. I didn't spell a few words right. Get a life.

Old 10-14-2008, 06:46 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
And I can take her a lot more easily as one of the Fox "News" talking heads than I could as VP.
What will she talk about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections