U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-23-2008, 12:25 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,642,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabear2 View Post
...but liberal women can at least acknowledge her career accomplishment - I know that's probably asking for too much. Women are underrepresented in politics (go look it up) and even though her views aren't shared by everyone, what she has done is remarkable in a man's world.
I don't understand how that requires me to respect her. And it's not like if I don't give her my respect, I'm saying that I don't think women should be able to make it in a man's world. It doesn't have anything to do with sex.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 12:41 PM

18,820 posts, read 8,532,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabear2 View Post
It's really amazing how small people can be. Liberals don't have to like Palin's political ideologies, they don't have to vote for her... but liberal women can at least acknowledge her career accomplishment - I know that's probably asking for too much. Women are underrepresented in politics (go look it up) and even though her views aren't shared by everyone, what she has done is remarkable in a man's world. She's not the first or the last but she still deserves respect. It's amazing how unbelievable infantile and catty some women are towards her. Retract the claws ladies (and men).
Please elaborate on how Palin accepting a position that she is quite clearly not qualified for makes her remarkable in a positive sense? She was chosen out of desperation by the Neocons to win over the very far right wing nut jobs. She is either too stupid to see how they are manipulating and using her or she has figured it out and does not care as long as it serves her well. From the content of your post, as long as it has a uterus, women should cheer it on. How ridiculous!

Old 10-23-2008, 12:44 PM

984 posts, read 1,990,489 times
When she found out she was pregnant with a downs syndrome child, she was 44years old, had 4 almost grown children, her and her husband decided to have this baby anyway. I think she reminds liberal woman of something they are not. I think they hate her for that.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:53 PM

3,811 posts, read 2,949,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milliebfit View Post
When she found out she was pregnant with a downs syndrome child, she was 44years old, had 4 almost grown children, her and her husband decided to have this baby anyway. I think she reminds liberal woman of something they are not. I think they hate her for that.
Holy Crap!!! Liberal women don't have handicapped children or children after they're 40!!! Now there's a beni I didn't know about, I better rethink my Independent choice.

Old 10-23-2008, 01:09 PM

984 posts, read 1,990,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Holy Crap!!! Liberal women don't have handicapped children or children after they're 40!!! Now there's a beni I didn't know about, I better rethink my Independent choice.
Your right I should have said "some" liberal woman...just the ones that hate her!!!

Old 10-25-2008, 02:27 PM

841 posts, read 501,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I think Palin has a mean face. I do not see anything soft about her looks. She has a very strange jawline and she speaks out of the side her mouth...weird. Her voice is shrill and grating on the nerves. It would be very difficult to listen to her speak for an extended period of time. Thank goodness this McCain/Palin fiasco is coming to an end.
What you speak is very opposite of the truth, she is beautiful and is why she won beauty contest...soft classic beauty which some know nothing about! Her voice is very soft and smooth and very easy to listen to, she exudes strong intelligence in 'what' she says...she will go far in the Republican party.

Last edited by clsicmovies; 10-25-2008 at 02:56 PM..

Old 10-25-2008, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
No, she is on the freaky fringe extremist in her beliefs.

ALL EXTREMIST'S ARE DANGEROUS
She has average Christian beliefs like the majority of the U.S.A., nothing extreme. She is not going to church at present, like many Christians also.

Old 10-25-2008, 02:32 PM

973 posts, read 847,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsicmovies View Post
What you speak is very opposite of the truth, she is beautiful and is why she won beauty contest...soft classic beauty which some know nothing about! Her voice is very soft and smooth and very easy to listen to, she exudes strong intelligence in 'what' she says...she will do far in the Republican party.
Rubbish, she has no intelligence at all.
she is a danger to our kids.

In the same sentence saying that she will help autism, she says she would pay for it stopping research on fruit flys. So little does she care about it that she didn't know fruit fly research in one of the main things helping scientist understand autism.

Memo To Sarah Palin: Fruit Fly Research Has Led To Advances In Understanding Autism (Video) Sarah Palin Truth Squad

Old 10-25-2008, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Hmm,

Hillary tried to be the Presidential candidate. American women thought Barack would be better. ( Don't deny it...women outnumber men ) Sarah Palin is in a position that all women would love to be in. If she becomes Vice President, women ( American women ) will have to embrace her accomplishment or ( as you would expect, hate her guts )

Sarah will be deplored by most women because she feels it is right to stand up for family, and attempt to live morally. How dare her?

If this were not a threat to women's freedom to be less than responsible, then I don't know what is.
I agree with everything you say except that thank God most American women thought Hillary would be better....she got more votes than Barack in the primaries. The "young" women who do not have maturity were swayed by Barack and that is nothing new of course.

Old 10-25-2008, 02:35 PM

69,637 posts, read 59,710,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milliebfit View Post
Just who are you talking to? Not all liberal women are pro-abortion, particularly in their own lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections