U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Unread 06-03-2010, 12:41 PM
 
5,748 posts, read 6,492,426 times
Reputation: 4347
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Hey. It took this clown 7 colleges before she found one to give her a diploma and the one that did had a scandal of female students being closer than acceptable to male profs for grades.

She has that cutsy-flirty speech delivery system but has no brain, reinforcing the suspicions that some have of how she got her credentials.

She is so dedicated to 'truth, justice and the American way' that she dropped out of a job that she COULD be an effective force for change and opted for the speech circuit and book deal because they put change in her pockets.

She's cashing in on her name while she can.

Her entire life seems to be motivated by selfishness. I even question whether her kid would have had her kid, had Sarah not been running for office at the time.

I mean - "What do you read, Sarah?"
Ummm - "everything?"

Really! Every one of us who read publications on a regular basis can spew out a slew of periodicals without thinking because they are such a regular part of our lives.

And then the little twerp actually called that a TRICK question????

To call her a bird brain is an insult to our feathered friends.

The question should properly be rephrased to -
Why would any thinking woman not have disdain for Sarah?

We do not educate ourselves and work and slave long hours for years on end only to have this pretender represent herself as some sort of figurehead for successful women.

She is a laughing stock.
You're right. At this point, I do find fault with her career ambition. Leaving the governorship proved to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that she doesn't have what it takes to be a seriously political contender. What WAS McCain thinking?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Unread 06-03-2010, 02:25 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
45,856 posts, read 34,488,351 times
Reputation: 18599
Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
You're right. At this point, I do find fault with her career ambition. Leaving the governorship proved to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that she doesn't have what it takes to be a seriously political contender. What WAS McCain thinking?
I am not sure it was McCain, but more his advisors and I doubt they had any clue. Of course I don't think she gave much thought to her life after Alaska until she tasted fame and fortune.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 06-03-2010, 02:26 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
45,856 posts, read 34,488,351 times
Reputation: 18599
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Hey. It took this clown 7 colleges before she found one to give her a diploma and the one that did had a scandal of female students being closer than acceptable to male profs for grades.

She has that cutsy-flirty speech delivery system but has no brain, reinforcing the suspicions that some have of how she got her credentials.

She is so dedicated to 'truth, justice and the American way' that she dropped out of a job that she COULD be an effective force for change and opted for the speech circuit and book deal because they put change in her pockets.

She's cashing in on her name while she can.

Her entire life seems to be motivated by selfishness. I even question whether her kid would have had her kid, had Sarah not been running for office at the time.

I mean - "What do you read, Sarah?"
Ummm - "everything?"

Really! Every one of us who read publications on a regular basis can spew out a slew of periodicals without thinking because they are such a regular part of our lives.

And then the little twerp actually called that a TRICK question????

To call her a bird brain is an insult to our feathered friends.

The question should properly be rephrased to -
Why would any thinking woman not have disdain for Sarah?

We do not educate ourselves and work and slave long hours for years on end only to have this pretender represent herself as some sort of figurehead for successful women.

She is a laughing stock.
and tell that to all that pay big bucks to hear her speak.

Yep, laughing stock, all the way to the bank.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 06-03-2010, 03:11 PM
 
Location: Long Island (chief in S Farmingdale)
13,236 posts, read 6,429,040 times
Reputation: 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am not sure it was McCain, but more his advisors and I doubt they had any clue. Of course I don't think she gave much thought to her life after Alaska until she tasted fame and fortune.

Nita
I think the pick of Palin came down to two things. Trying to appeal to conservative voters as well as picking a woman for upset Clinton supporters. The problem was those Clinton supporters were never going to support someone like Palin.

They started off wanting a woman. Considering the fact that the VP selection was likely going to be a sitting Gov or Senator it narrows the field quite a bit because most are men. It narrows it even further because most of the women in the Senate & Gov (as well as House, although I don't think a member of Congress was ever in the discussion) are Democrats. Again they were trying to get someone to excite the conservative base and most women in the GOP in those positions are to the left of McCain. So if they were searching for a conservative woman the choice really was between Palin and Dole, and Dole was not exactly that popular in her own state, in a tight reelection battle herself which she wound up losing 53-44.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 06-03-2010, 04:03 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
16,708 posts, read 6,249,269 times
Reputation: 4666
Well i would not say it is Liberal Women who do not like her, as much as i would say, i feel that Weak Women, that don't have opinions, don't have their own minds, not a decent job, a decent husband, and family, are the ones, who probably have a problem with her, Most of the Women i know who are highly educated with good jobs, and families do not dislike her at all, i feel that there is some jealously there, even though yes women will not admit to it, they never do. Could most of you do her job, as a Wife, Mother, and the Politician she was, and try to balance all that out. I don't like and care for our President, but here he is, one time to fool, the next time, you can see thru the fool .But even though i make remarks about our President, you won't here me say, that I hate him, hate is a very strong Word, folks, and how can one judge and hate someone you do not even know personally, forgot what you think you know, if you are not in a perosn's life personally, guess what folks, you don't know them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 06-03-2010, 05:49 PM
 
Location: On a hill near a river
14,246 posts, read 10,859,910 times
Reputation: 5580
Being neither liberal nor a woman, I probably have no business commenting on this thread, but it seems to have strayed so far from the OP that I figure my thoughts are no more irrelevant than anyone else's that I've glanced at.

My central substantive concern with Ms. Palin remains her puzzling decision to simply forego serving out the balance of her term as governor of Alaska. Combining that with her seemingly serious interest in continuing to offer commentary and symbolic leadership in the realm of national politics seems disingenuous at best.

I have to admit that I don't feel nearly as strongly about this as I did a year of 18 months ago, if only because our current crop of "leaders" has been so disappointing. Mr. Obama has proven that he is a consummate domestic politician, but his leadership style and his actions -- in foreign policy, with the BP disaster, with his willingness to conduct "business as usual" in the partisan, back-room style -- must have been dispiriting to all but his most rabid supporters. Hillary Clinton is a mediocre Secretary of State, at best: a careful scold seems to be the role that she has decided to play. It's not impressive. Joe Biden is an empty suit. Pelosi, Ried, Frank, and the other Democrats are amoral, malignantly obvious wheeler-dealers. The Republicans are, collectively, simply embarrassing -- both in their patently bankrupt supply of policy alternatives and their hypocritical embrace of moral and ethical standards which they all too often violate.

Conclusion: Palin is not remotely qualifed for higher office. But neither are many of those who currently hold such offices. An old proverb says "In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king." While not quite at that extremity, the American political scene is largely populated with folks afflicted with either myopia or presbyopia, or both.

At least Palin wears stylish glasses. For a growing number of folks, that's apparently enough....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 06-03-2010, 06:16 PM
Status: "Maple tree is leafing out!" (set 2 hours ago)
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
65,259 posts, read 51,555,044 times
Reputation: 17810
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Well i would not say it is Liberal Women who do not like her, as much as i would say, i feel that Weak Women, that don't have opinions, don't have their own minds, not a decent job, a decent husband, and family, are the ones, who probably have a problem with her, Most of the Women i know who are highly educated with good jobs, and families do not dislike her at all, i feel that there is some jealously there, even though yes women will not admit to it, they never do. Could most of you do her job, as a Wife, Mother, and the Politician she was, and try to balance all that out. I don't like and care for our President, but here he is, one time to fool, the next time, you can see thru the fool .But even though i make remarks about our President, you won't here me say, that I hate him, hate is a very strong Word, folks, and how can one judge and hate someone you do not even know personally, forgot what you think you know, if you are not in a perosn's life personally, guess what folks, you don't know them.
As a conservative said a while back, most liberal women dislike Sarah b/c she is conservative. I would add, period. I'm sick of these little psychoanalyses. Her politics are not my politics. Period.

ETA: Men who dislike certain male politicians are not labeled as jealous, etc. It is a very sexist proposition to think that those of us who don't like Sarah are just "jealous" of her.

Last edited by Katiana; 06-03-2010 at 06:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 06-03-2010, 07:40 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
45,856 posts, read 34,488,351 times
Reputation: 18599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
I think the pick of Palin came down to two things. Trying to appeal to conservative voters as well as picking a woman for upset Clinton supporters. The problem was those Clinton supporters were never going to support someone like Palin.

They started off wanting a woman. Considering the fact that the VP selection was likely going to be a sitting Gov or Senator it narrows the field quite a bit because most are men. It narrows it even further because most of the women in the Senate & Gov (as well as House, although I don't think a member of Congress was ever in the discussion) are Democrats. Again they were trying to get someone to excite the conservative base and most women in the GOP in those positions are to the left of McCain. So if they were searching for a conservative woman the choice really was between Palin and Dole, and Dole was not exactly that popular in her own state, in a tight reelection battle herself which she wound up losing 53-44.
I agree, I think they really were hoping for the Hillary support which, as you said, would not register at all. Add to that, Palin was a novelty, attractive, a homey type, 5 kids, middle class, etc. I have to say, at the time it looked like a winner, maybe never could McCain have pulled it out, but Palin looked to be able to close the gap, too bad it was probalby about a month too soon, by the time of the election people started seeing her in a different light.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 06-03-2010, 07:55 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
9,688 posts, read 8,370,461 times
Reputation: 5006
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJackman View Post
I think Palin is hated by liberal woman because she represents all that they failed at. It is pure jealousy. She represents the prom queen that they all hated at school. They love Obama because he is so different from us and is thus no threat to them.
1 - Palin is a quitter
2 - Palin went to 4-5 different colleges
3 - Palin is a loser (Made McCain lose the 2008 election to a Kenyan immigrant)
4 - Palin called herself a "b....." (female pitbull) at the prime of her career
5 - Palin preaches abstinence and has a teenage daughter that is single with a baby.

That seems to me like good reasons for any woman to not like Palin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 06-03-2010, 11:24 PM
 
Location: San Francisco, CA
7,044 posts, read 3,463,309 times
Reputation: 5370
Maybe they hate her for the reason most intelligent people hate her: she's a not-so-bright, hypocritical opportunist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top