U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 04:42 PM

21,044 posts, read 19,553,037 times

Advertisements

I think Obama is hated by Repub/neocon men because he represents all they failed at. And he is young, handsome, intelligent...and even if he doesn't become president he will always have more and be more than they are or will ever be. They love Palin because they aren't thinking with their brain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 04:44 PM
LML

7,110 posts, read 8,114,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I think Obama is hated by Repub/neocon men because he represents all they failed at. And he is young, handsome, intelligent...and even if he doesn't become president he will always have more and be more than they are or will ever be. They love Palin because they aren't thinking with their brain.

I think you nailed it. He has the intelligence, the education, the success, the good looks, the beautiful family, and the self assurance that has always eluded them. They are green with jealousy.

Old 10-14-2008, 04:45 PM

8,575 posts, read 6,351,543 times
um, what? handsome? guys think with more than their brain when thinking about a 44 year old mother of 17 like palin?

Quote:

Old 10-14-2008, 04:47 PM

4,246 posts, read 7,837,516 times
Touche!

Let's not forget to call them fat, ugly and "addicted to their diaries", whatever that means.

Old 10-14-2008, 04:48 PM

16,275 posts, read 9,107,040 times
As a republican conservative, I dont hate Obama. I think his politics are dangerous for our country. but I havent suggested he isnt qualified to be president because he is just a pretty suit..... or because he has young children and he needs to stay home with them.... or any of the other insipid arguments that have been used against Palin....

for me it is policy.

Old 10-14-2008, 04:49 PM

19,883 posts, read 14,221,081 times
Quote:
I think Obama is hated by Repub/neocon men because he represents all they failed at.
Yes, of course, naturally, that's why neo-cons are on Obama's campaign staff as advisors, right? You're absolutely brilliant.

Old 10-14-2008, 04:50 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,242,675 times
Handsome and beautiful family are a matter of opinion. His spawns are, well his spawns....<maybe> but him with that cancerous looking growth next to his nose is on par with his wifes looks.

Old 10-14-2008, 04:51 PM

14,154 posts, read 11,625,680 times
Quote:
Indeed...this post does not hold up to scrutiny. If physical and base reasons for voting for a particular candidate are being examined one need look no futher than the opening comments on this blurb. Singing the praises of Obamas attractivness as a reason to support him while decrying support for Sarah Palin ( is she running for president?) for those same reasons. Certainly food for thought. Here fishy fishy. Lol I guess I got hooked. But I ain't cleaned and fryed yet.

Old 10-14-2008, 04:52 PM

8,062 posts, read 16,210,444 times
Oh, please. Conservative men (and the women who love them) see Obama as a prissy sissy. All suit, all talk, who would hide behind his wife's skirt if something bad or scary happened. He's not worth hate -- just laughter.

Old 10-14-2008, 04:52 PM
LML

7,110 posts, read 8,114,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclad View Post
Handsome and beautiful family are a matter of opinion. His spawns are, well his spawns....<maybe> but him with that cancerous looking growth next to his nose is on par with his wifes looks.

If there were an award for nasty, mean spirited, ugly posts, you'd win. And you undoubtedly would also be the living proof of the OP's hypothesis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or