Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 10:03 AM

48,108 posts, read 21,990,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
OK the Title of the thread had me worried for a sec,Guess i can sleep easy now knowing the Messiah will be elected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You're forgetting over $800K the obama paid ACORN for get out the vote efforts. You're also forgetting the money that obama gave to this group while he sat on the board with Ayers.

He's worked with this group for years.
You know you are right.....i didnt forget....I didnt know.....But you know what? I don't have any problem with him having been associated with a community self help organization. That is not a bad thing! Associations with lobbiests and bankers who are squeezing the life blood out of America is far more egregious. Acorn has not been found guilty of anything; they hired some unscrupulous workers to register people.....in california you cant get in and out of Walmart's plaza without running a gauntlet of professional signature gatherers from out of state paid to collect signatures on petitions..mostly to limit civil rights and to cut off funding for schools..they get paid by the signature.....wanna bet some of the ones they turn in are bogus....

Acorn hasnt been even accused of voter suppression or fraud....that has been the work of the Republican party in Ohio and Florida and North Carolina and New Hampshire.....I am not worried about them.....even John McCain said they represented everything that is right about America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2008, 10:37 AM

472 posts, read 872,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
I think Republicans would have had a tough time no matter who ran...
Bush has set the Republicans back for years and even turned people like..
Me into independent conservatives.
I think Romney would have been a better choice but his faith may have turned many Off.
Ditto... the Bush administration has been a complete embarrassment and abandonment of American conservative ideals. I would have rather seen McCain Romney.... but choosing Palin where when I permanently got off the train.

I re-registered independent in the summer of 2006 after 18 years of being a republican.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:40 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,472,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterinAmerica View Post
11:40 EST

No Polls, Just GOP Trolls.
Hello?They were talking about this kind of pole.
Moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 05:24 AM..

Old 10-15-2008, 10:43 AM

10,045 posts, read 14,414,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Hello?They were talking about this kind of pole.
Too funny!! LOL!!!

Old 10-15-2008, 10:47 AM

2,039 posts, read 6,321,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
Both polls will come out tomorrow with Obama losing ground in major polling.

With Obama having a +9 lead this week it will show it has dropped like a rock to 3.8 in one day.

Rasmussen had Obama +10 this week and it will show +5 tomorrow.

With the ACORN fraud, Ayers and Wright along with the two major lawsuits demanding Obama show his birth cert as well as Rezko and a possible RICO indictment coming down, Obama is prime for a huge drop and quick.

People are sick of the crap going on and the polls are going to start showing it.

And some though this was all over, well hate to tell you folks you had better start doing some praying because Obama is about to take a dump !!
[MOD CUT] If people don't vote for Obama it's because they are either in the top 5% income level or they don't want a black man in office because they are afraid of losing the "white power."

Or they actually think a 72 year old man with cancer who's running mate is about as dumb as Pamela Anderson, is a good choice after what this nation has been thorugh the past 8 years.....
Yeesh..........

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-15-2008 at 11:15 AM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 10-15-2008, 11:23 AM

1,881 posts, read 2,684,242 times
ZOGBY - Odingo lost ground today !!!

After opening up a 6.8 lead poor Odingo lost a chunk today as I predicted.

Odingo- 48.9 47.9 49.0 48.2

McCain- 42.8 43.6 42.8 44.4

SMD The great predictor was RIGHT !!

Odingo had a 6.2 lead 2 days ago, today it is 3.8

After making a move forward the day before, edging outside the margin of error, yesterday’s three-day rolling average showed Obama again sliding back. He still leads McCain by a 48.2% to 44.4% margin, an advantage of 3.8 percentage points. This comes after leading by 6.2 percentage points the day before.
In this latest report on the three-day rolling average, McCain gained 1.6 percentage points, while Obama lost 0.8 percentage points.

Waiting for the apologies folks from the DEMO COMMI's on this board.

Anytime.... crickets are dying, and not one of you have apologized for me being right and you being soooo wrong.

Your cheating and luck has ran out and so has some of your welfare checks. McCain will make most of you go get a real job. No more food stamps or free healthcare for you. Your meds will not be free either.

All that hatred some of you have built up will be handed with therapy sessions and you all will have to remain in your homes after 9 pm on Nov 4th to slow down the chances of riots after an Odingo loss.

ROFLMAO at the demo commis being wrong again.

SMD- King of CD Predictions has declared all demo commis WRONG.

Old 10-15-2008, 11:45 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,022,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
ZOGBY - Odingo lost ground today !!!

After opening up a 6.8 lead poor Odingo lost a chunk today as I predicted.

Odingo- 48.9 47.9 49.0 48.2

McCain- 42.8 43.6 42.8 44.4

SMD The great predictor was RIGHT !!

Odingo had a 6.2 lead 2 days ago, today it is 3.8

After making a move forward the day before, edging outside the margin of error, yesterday’s three-day rolling average showed Obama again sliding back. He still leads McCain by a 48.2% to 44.4% margin, an advantage of 3.8 percentage points. This comes after leading by 6.2 percentage points the day before.
In this latest report on the three-day rolling average, McCain gained 1.6 percentage points, while Obama lost 0.8 percentage points.

Waiting for the apologies folks from the DEMO COMMI's on this board.

Anytime.... crickets are dying, and not one of you have apologized for me being right and you being soooo wrong.

Your cheating and luck has ran out and so has some of your welfare checks. McCain will make most of you go get a real job. No more food stamps or free healthcare for you. Your meds will not be free either.

All that hatred some of you have built up will be handed with therapy sessions and you all will have to remain in your homes after 9 pm on Nov 4th to slow down the chances of riots after an Odingo loss.

ROFLMAO at the demo commis being wrong again.

SMD- King of CD Predictions has declared all demo commis WRONG.
Obama has four-point lead on McCain | Politics | Reuters
Obama leads McCain 48 percent to 44 percent among likely U.S. voters in the latest four-day tracking poll, down slightly from Obama's 6-point advantage on Tuesday. The poll has a margin of error of 2.9 percentage points.

Obama's lead in the poll has remained stable, drifting between 4 and 6 percentage points for the last week.

"It's not over, but it's not moving a lot," pollster John Zogby said. "There does not seem to be a dramatic shift going on."

Old 10-15-2008, 11:45 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,843,081 times
Is this the same "Acorn" that John McCain gave his support to when he needed help in his immigration bill? That means that McCain was associated by his own will to Acorn. Obama was working for a firm that represented Acorn alongside the Justice Dept. Does anyone really believe that Obam could have told the firm that he worked for not to represent Acorn. Big difference is McCain chose himself to be associated with Acorn Obama did not choose his employers did. Both McCain and Obam agree that Acorn do good things for the underprivileged so why is McCain making Acorn Obama's responsibility?

Old 10-15-2008, 11:46 AM

1,881 posts, read 2,684,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Lets revisit this thread tomorrow shall we.
It has been visited and you are no where to be found.

Obama down today, McCain up today and you are not here.

hummmm

Old 10-15-2008, 11:47 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,926,642 times
Wait! Has anybody posted the Gallup Poll from today?

RV - 7 down from 10
LV II 8 What was it yesterday? 10

LV I (the traditional model, btw) 3 from 6

SMD, I think you were right in the trend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections