Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 11:53 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Wait! Has anybody posted the Gallup Poll from today?

RV - 7 down from 10
LV II 8 What was it yesterday? 10

LV I (the traditional model, btw) 3 from 6

SMD, I think you were right in the trend.
Gallup is presenting two likely voter estimates to see how preferences might vary under different turnout scenarios. The "expanded" model determines likely voters based only on their current voting intention. This estimate would take into account higher turnout among groups of voters traditionally less likely to vote, but who may be inspired to vote this year. That model has generally produced results that closely match the registered voter figures as is the case today, showing Obama up by eight points, 52% to 44%.

The "traditional" likely voter model, which Gallup has employed for past elections, factors in prior voting behavior as well as current voting intention. This has generally shown a closer contest, though with Obama still ahead. Today's results show Obama with a three-point advantage over McCain using this likely voter model, 49% to 46%. That is slightly closer than the average five-point advantage for Obama among traditional likely voters since Gallup began measuring them last week. -- Jeff Jones
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2008, 11:54 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,431,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Wait! Has anybody posted the Gallup Poll from today?

RV - 7 down from 10
LV II 8 What was it yesterday? 10

LV I (the traditional model, btw) 3 from 6

SMD, I think you were right in the trend.

Trend on this:

Quote:
there is no obvious path nor any historical precedent for McCain to make up this much ground in so little time. First, a McCain comeback will necessarily require convincing registered Democrats or independents with a history of voting Democratic - and that is a far more difficult challenge than having to solidify your own base as Kerry, Gore and Bush were all concerned with doing this late in the 2000 and 2004 cycles.
Second, Obama now enjoys a base of 264 electoral votes; i.e. not just 264 EVs leaning his way, but 264 EVs he can count and build on.

Three weeks out: With Obama in command, battle waged on red turf « Campaign Diaries

Old 10-15-2008, 12:00 PM

1,881 posts, read 2,685,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Why should we be here? You said yesterday that Obama would lose the lead. He has not. If my stock broker told me "Tomorrow, your portfolio will be up 37 percent, I guarantee it" and the next day it went up 1 percent and he told me, "See? See? It went up," well guess what? He would be fired. So, SMD YOUR'E FIRED!

Read again.

I did NOT say he would lose the lead at all.

Read it again and then take a nap.

You are so wrong again.

Old 10-15-2008, 12:02 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,431,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
Read again.

I did NOT say he would lose the lead at all.

Read it again and then take a nap.

You are so wrong again.

Fact: Your thread title is deliberately misleading in implying Obama would lose the lead.

Old 10-15-2008, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
There is no candidate named Odingo. have some respect
Also SLC must be at work.. so he has a life..
hummmmmmmmmmmmmm
I'm on my lunch break.. back to work.
hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm

No, he does not deserve any respect, respect is something he needs to earn and he has not.

His new name is Odingo, because of this.

Since he used my TAXPAYER money many times to visit Kenya and support this crap I was thinking maybe someone adopted him along the way named Odingo.

Barry Soeboro Dunham Odingo, pick your name it changes everyday like his plans do.

Watch the video!

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/5411

Old 10-15-2008, 12:05 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Gallup is presenting two likely voter estimates to see how preferences might vary under different turnout scenarios. The "expanded" model determines likely voters based only on their current voting intention. This estimate would take into account higher turnout among groups of voters traditionally less likely to vote, but who may be inspired to vote this year. That model has generally produced results that closely match the registered voter figures as is the case today, showing Obama up by eight points, 52% to 44%.

The "traditional" likely voter model, which Gallup has employed for past elections, factors in prior voting behavior as well as current voting intention. This has generally shown a closer contest, though with Obama still ahead. Today's results show Obama with a three-point advantage over McCain using this likely voter model, 49% to 46%. That is slightly closer than the average five-point advantage for Obama among traditional likely voters since Gallup began measuring them last week. -- Jeff Jones
Yes. This new, expanded model of course benefits Obama, which was it's intention. This is pure speculation based on "intentions". Thankfully, Gallup separates the two, which tells me they are not confident in the unprecedented LV model II they hatched this year.

Take into consideration Gallup is probably using 8-10% more dems in his polls......

Old 10-15-2008, 12:06 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
Remember my friend and learn from posting history. We are now once again in the MCCAIN ISN'T LOSING AS BAD AS HE WAS mode. Thus it should be expected as you have seen it many a time before.

Old 10-15-2008, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Fact: Your thread title is deliberately misleading in implying Obama would lose the lead.
Fact: How would you know?

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 10-15-2008 at 01:10 PM..

Old 10-15-2008, 12:13 PM

472 posts, read 872,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
Fact: How would you know?
Fact: The thread title was deliberately misleading...
Fact: Your candidiate is still behind in the polls...

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 10-15-2008 at 01:11 PM..

Old 10-15-2008, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnymonty View Post
Fact: The thread title was deliberately misleading...
Fact: Your candidiate is still behind in the polls...

Your opinion doesn't count.

And the polls are skewed with ACORN type crap and being within the margin of error tells me you are in for a very rude awakening.

I firmly believe the polls are played with to get the psychic of people that Obama is way ahead hoping that people do not show up to vote.

Well, sorry, but record numbers of McCain supporters will be voting while a record number of Odingo supporters cannot even find the precincts to vote.

** You read the thread and fully understood what this was about didn't you! Now because I was so damn right you are changing the subject. **

Face it, SMD was right, you were wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections