Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 12:35 AM

20,292 posts, read 37,157,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centaurmyst View Post
OMG are you daft?

I highly doubt the tribes WANT that woman to have control over it because if she had her way she would drill, baby, drill the tribe right out of existence. Palin is trying to wipe away all the laws created to protect the Native tribes of Alaska's way of life and culture. Palin is NOT a good chick, mmmkay?
Are you from Alaska? I will assume you aren't you I will ignore you little snipe. Search: ANILCA in the Alaska State web site, and become informed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2008, 12:37 AM

Quote:
I had to edit this because I thought you were one of those trolls that have been annoying me so bad tonight...sorry.
Thanks. Just another Alaskan.

Old 10-15-2008, 12:37 AM

808 posts, read 1,148,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Are you from Alaska? I will assume you aren't you I will ignore you little snipe. Search: ANILCA in the Alaska State web site, and become informed.
It was a mistake, lol...I am so sleepy that my eyes are playing tricks on me. I thought you were someone else and I edited my other post to apologize. Wasn't fast enough. Sorry again. Can you edit what I wrote out because I thought I was arguing with one of those Obama birth certificate trolls for a minute.

need to go to bed

Old 10-15-2008, 12:42 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
I'll listen to the person who wrote the law that tried to fix the policy of charging victims for rape kits, thanks.

YouTube - Sarah Palin: The rape kit controversy
Rumor and innuendo! Even the Democrat lawmaker in the video doesn't actually say she charged one single person for a rape kit. It's clever, but where's the weenie? This is another example of the left accusing Palin of something while having no proof to back it up. Don't show me a video of political enemies from Alaska dancing around the accusation that started on blogs and forums like this. Show me a bill! Show me a canceled check! Something!

Old 10-15-2008, 12:44 AM

Quote:
It was a mistake, lol...I am so sleepy that my eyes are playing tricks on me. I thought you were someone else and I edited my other post to apologize. Wasn't fast enough. Sorry again. Can you edit what I wrote out because I thought I was arguing with one of those Obama birth certificate trolls for a minute.

need to go to bed
No need for apologies.
There is a big problem in Alaska that began before Palin became governor, and that's a conflict between the Federal Government and the State rights. Palin is caught in the middle, but the mess is not her fault. This link may be of help:
adn.com | Spotlight on Alaska can help bring remedy to injustices (http://www.adn.com/opinion/v-printer/story/555233.html - broken link)

Old 10-15-2008, 01:01 AM

Thank you for outing this one.

Mat-Su Valley Frontiersman (May 23, 2000): "In the past we've charged the cost of exams to the victim's insurance company when possible. I just don't want to see any more burden put on the taxpayer," Fannon said.

Big difference between charging and insurance company and a rape victim.

Eric Croft, a former Alaska state representative who sponsored the 2000 legislation, told CNN that "I find it hard to believe that for six months a small town, a police chief, would lead the fight against a statewide piece of legislation receiving unanimous support and the mayor not know about it." But Croft, a Democrat, says he does not recall discussing the issue with Palin at the time.

I saw no evidence outside of political foes to confirm the police chief fought against it. By the way, how does a police chief fight against it?

This Croft guy is strait out of the Clinton school of half truths and lawyer-speak. Notice how he doesn't actually say he did fight against it, just that he finds it hard to believe that he would.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Instead of spending all that money on a sports complex she could have put some money into law enforcement and buy the equipment needed and bring in undercover officers to make a few buys and then go in to bust people. The police in other places do that every day even without so many tips coming in. Bottom line...the woman simply didn't care because it didn't affect her.

"...the woman simply didn't care because it didn't affect her"

Based on....?

You want to bring in some new faces to a town that size so they can scout around for someone selling meth.

Honestly, I'd love to hear the real reasons you dislike Palin. But throwing mud on a forum like this is just going make you look petty and willfully uninformed.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
This was about Palin's accomplishments or lack of. YOUR SUBJECT - Not Biden or Obama
It's all fun until somebody gets mad. Do your homework next time

Old 10-15-2008, 01:29 AM

Quote:
How much of those profits go to the Natives? Did they replant all those trees they clear-cut? Somehow I suspect the Natives still have a lot of needs that Palin is ignoring. I hear she's known for that.
The native people of Alaska depend on caribou for sustenance. The wolves become over populated and kill too many caribou. This makes the native people go hungry. The government of Alaska takes a certain number of wolves to restore balance. But all the tree huggers want to talk about is how they kill wolves for fun.

Old 10-15-2008, 07:02 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,842,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The native people of Alaska depend on caribou for sustenance. The wolves become over populated and kill too many caribou. This makes the native people go hungry. The government of Alaska takes a certain number of wolves to restore balance. But all the tree huggers want to talk about is how they kill wolves for fun.
Somehow, I know the logic of this post is going to be missed. You have to unwrap them from around a tree and try to get them to focus. Good luck with that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections