Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 07:21 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,203 times

Advertisements

I live in Georgia
John Louis is my congressman, I have always loved and respected him.
His wild and outragous coments about Mccain and Palin is the biggest
slap in the face I have seen yet.
Obama supporters are vile in the screems that anyone would dare
question Obama about anything, it is sickening.
The media???
They are as usual up Obama's ass.
Everytime I think this election can not steep any lower into the gutter,
it gets worse.
I am so glad I woke up to Obama months ago and to the DNC and their dirty games.
I am proud to stand with Jonh Mccain,
he is the same where ever he is, unlike Obama that has lied so many times
and throws his buddies under the bus when it they cause him a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2008, 07:23 AM

553 posts, read 836,971 times
GOOD QUESTION!

Not one Dem has come out against the horrible and offensive comments made from Louis.

Old 10-15-2008, 07:30 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
I live in Georgia
John Louis is my congressman, I have always loved and respected him.
His wild and outragous coments about Mccain and Palin is the biggest
slap in the face I have seen yet.
Obama supporters are vile in the screems that anyone would dare
question Obama about anything, it is sickening.
The media???
They are as usual up Obama's ass.
Everytime I think this election can not steep any lower into the gutter,
it gets worse.
I am so glad I woke up to Obama months ago and to the DNC and their dirty games.
I am proud to stand with Jonh Mccain,
he is the same where ever he is, unlike Obama that has lied so many times
and throws his buddies under the bus when it they cause him a problem.
If John Lewis is your congressman.......please spell the man's name correctly.

Old 10-15-2008, 07:40 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
If John Lewis is your congressman.......please spell the man's name correctly.

why, and not allow the spelling police to earn their keep?
that is what I was hoping for....you win
now answer the question, or is your only job to correct spelling, wow, I am impressed!
And I bet you are really, really impressed with yourself

Old 10-15-2008, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
why, and not allow the spelling police to earn their keep?
that is what I was hoping for....you win
now answer the question, or is your only job to correct spelling, wow, I am impressed!
And I bet you are really, really impressed with yourself
I am definitely impressed with myself. As I should be. As you should be as well. Now, since you really seem nonplussed by my editing job (I do this for a living, BTW), we can discuss John LEWIS.

Why are you so angry at the words of your Congressman? What, exactly, has he said that isn't 100% true? And McCain is the same wherever he is? After the flip-flops, yearly self-reinventions and straight up lies this man has told, that statement is simply ludicrous.

Old 10-15-2008, 08:00 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
He's a democrat. He's played the race card. Didn't you know that is allowed - and expected?

Old 10-15-2008, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
He's a democrat. He's played the race card. Didn't you know that is allowed - and expected?
Hmmm.....how about all those Republicans who play the race/xenophobia/hate card? I still have yet to see one person yell "kill him!" when speaking of McCain...................Face it. Among you Republican supporters are some of the most base, nasty human beings on the planet. It's an embarrassment to America's standing abroad.

Old 10-15-2008, 08:09 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,937,765 times
The problem with "LEWIS" is that what he said had some merit....but not enough to be compared to what happened with George Wallace. He really stepped over a line but he is probably trying to make a play to be on Obama's "Presidential" team if he is to win.

While Mccain/Palin may not be directly contributing to the anger and hate people have (calling him a terrorist is not exactly helping) they are also not speaking out against it. Understandable during an election but still not right.

Old 10-15-2008, 08:09 AM

2,857 posts, read 6,724,762 times
If you read or listen to exactly what John Lewis said, you will see that he did not compare McCain to Wallace. You need to do more than just listen to right-wing spin. I agree with Lewis' comments and I don't think McCain is a racist.

Old 10-15-2008, 08:16 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
Face it. Among you Republican supporters are some of the most base, nasty human beings on the planet. It's an embarrassment to America's standing abroad.
Surely, you jest? After the vile, putrid attacks on Gov Palin and Mac - you can say that with a straight face?

Goodness, look at the last 8 years - the insane, vile creatures on the Left have said the most outrageous things, and they are continuing that madness in this election. They are some of the most vile people I have ever seen.

You seem to ignore all the nastiness from the Left, all the outrageous things they have called Palin. How can you close your eyes to such hate and putridness?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections