U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 08:00 PM
NCN

14,087 posts, read 12,524,235 times

Advertisements

I have learned that I must be getting old. I see so many people about to make a mistake. Used to I just thought they were deciding between two qualified people. This year I see one qualified person and one that should be sent back to Chicago to study some more. He is not ready.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2008, 08:00 PM

9,606 posts, read 9,725,444 times
I've learned that if one party practically ruins the country, people are willing to elect a member of the other party even though they have practically ruined a state along with the thrid largest city in America.

Old 10-15-2008, 08:01 PM

355 posts, read 699,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
I learned the more I'm around people, the way they act, what they say and do, the more I love my dogs!!
LOL.....I've felt that way for a while now.

OK.....I have learned that there are a lot of ignorant people who believe anything the mainstream media has to say. And that anything a celebrity has to say must be important. This one really makes me laugh......people just don't get it.....if you're not liberal in Hollywood....you don't get a lot of work.

I've learned to quit posting anything logical on the political forum because no one wants to listen to reason.

I've learned that no matter who wins this election it will be an uphill battle for them.....I wish them luck. They're going to need it.

I've learned that I'm just not that cool.....geeze....and all these years I've never bought into the hype......I'm just an GDI....and proud of it.

Oh and whether he wins or loses......McCain gets my vote.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:17 PM

2,178 posts, read 1,726,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBeginnings12 View Post
I have learned that there are a lot more racists, radicals and uneducated folks that scare the hell out of me. I never dreamed that there were so many of you that have come out of the woodwork. Its dangerous!

Just a side note- Are you seriously concerned because Obama's middle name is Hussain? Are you kidding me?
I've learned more Americans than I thought were spineless wimps eagerly wanting government to take care of them from cradle to grave.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:24 PM

8,911 posts, read 7,480,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I have learned that I must be getting old. I see so many people about to make a mistake. Used to I just thought they were deciding between two qualified people. This year I see one qualified person and one that should be sent back to Chicago to study some more. He is not ready.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:51 PM
LML

7,090 posts, read 5,431,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Things I've learned from this election:

1. Superdelegates matter.
2. Before you go to an interview, learn a few names of newspapers.
3. Never cancel Letterman and then go to another interview.
4. Never, never, never suspend your campaign and claim you won't restart it until congress takes action.
5. If you make a political ad at Christmas, be sure to sit in front of a window so that the window panes look like a cross.
6. A bachelors degree in journalism from a second rate J-school can get you a lot farther than I ever imagined.
7. In Alaska, some people shoot wolves from helicopters.
8. People love to hear you say they're angry. But never say they're bitter.
9. Don't give speeches from the back of a pick up truck, and don't let your husband run your campaign.
10. Even a kid with a funny name and big ears can grow up to become President of the United States.

This is GREAT but they won't let me rep you again yet.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:51 PM

1,613 posts, read 1,647,607 times
I learn that there are just too many idiots in our country.

They claim to make the right choice for president the last two elections, but he turn out to be a disaster both times.

With their terrible prediction record, they still expect ppl to believe their choice is right this time round.

Old 10-16-2008, 05:09 AM

2,002 posts, read 1,897,148 times
I've learned that we all hate each other.

I wish I had an island out in the middle of the ocean I could get away to.

Old 10-16-2008, 05:56 AM

5,031 posts, read 8,057,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
That no matter who wins, we're screwed and it's going to cost me more money.

People worry too much about money. I'm concerned about national security more than anything.

Old 10-16-2008, 05:58 AM

5,031 posts, read 8,057,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post
I've learned that we all hate each other.

I wish I had an island out in the middle of the ocean I could get away to.
That is a dream of mine. It doesn't even have to be an island; way out some place in the mountains or forests would work just as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections