Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 06:19 PM

8,793 posts, read 15,230,471 times

Advertisements

I don't believe those numbers in the original post. Sure, that's what the numbers in that poll "say", but living in the "swing" county of Prince William, I think it is much closer than that statewide. I think the gap will shrink in the next 20 days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2008, 06:34 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,483,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
I see a move to Idaho in your future!
Why, I live in a dark blue state and other than the taxes it has advantages. I feel kinda like Lord of the Flies or Taylor in Charleton Hestons part in that 1970's flick.

Old 10-15-2008, 06:35 PM

4,697 posts, read 6,418,939 times
Obama is doing very well here, thank you very much.

Obama has 51 field offices in Virginia; McCain has 19. Source

In Northern Virginia, on a typical night, I'll see at least 5 Obama ads to every one ad for McCain.

And on a couple of roads I'm on each week, I used to see only McCain signs. But over the last month or so, slowly, the Obama signs have been appearing, and now - for that stretch of road anyway - the Obama signs outnumber the McCain signs.

Last weekend I went to a local Obama office to volunteer .... and ended up turning around and coming home. There wasn't a single parking space to be found, and people were hanging out the door.

The Obama ground game is outstanding and is making a huge difference in this race.

Old 10-15-2008, 06:40 PM

808 posts, read 1,143,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
What's sad is that Red America is what makes America the greatest country in the world and the newcomers who are affecting the Virginia vote don't understand that. The America of the American Dream, that's McCain and Palin's America, not Obama and ESPECIALLY not Biden's.

Look at liberal run New Jersey and how messed up that state is, all the corruption in their Democratic government. Pepole from there move south and they vote for Democrats. People who move to the US from elsewhere should also put America's interests first. It says something when the Democrats' Virginia votes must come from extreme liberals and outsiders.
Um...perhaps finally the African Americans that populate a good portion of Virginia finally feel like they have a good reason to come out and vote. Perhaps finally more conservative people are figuring out that they have been conned into voting for Republicans for decades and have gotten fed up with their situation never really improving any. Maybe, just maybe, more people are open to trying something different because Lord knows the same old same old isn't working.

Why don't you go check out that Obama Tax Calculator someone posted a thread about. You enter some basic info and it will show you personalized side by side comparisons of what you will save in taxes under Obama and McCain. Somehow I bet you would do better under Obama.

Old 10-15-2008, 06:40 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,243,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
This is mostly because of the influence of immigrants (many of them illegal) and Yankees who are moving to Virginia. The real Virginia, and the real America has always had conservative values.
I'm one of those Yankees...proud of my family, proud to be an American...and proud to be a new-ish Virginian voting for Obama!

Old 10-15-2008, 06:41 PM

808 posts, read 1,143,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
Obama is doing very well here, thank you very much.

Obama has 51 field offices in Virginia; McCain has 19. Source

In Northern Virginia, on a typical night, I'll see at least 5 Obama ads to every one ad for McCain.

And on a couple of roads I'm on each week, I used to see only McCain signs. But over the last month or so, slowly, the Obama signs have been appearing, and now - for that stretch of road anyway - the Obama signs outnumber the McCain signs.

Last weekend I went to a local Obama office to volunteer .... and ended up turning around and coming home. There wasn't a single parking space to be found, and people were hanging out the door.

The Obama ground game is outstanding and is making a huge difference in this race.
Howard Dean's 50 state philosophy was brilliant and it has paid off tremendously for the country's Democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections