Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 10:31 PM

939 posts, read 2,367,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Well, CNN did throw a disclaimer in there - 10% more dems in their poll.

Funny, even John King said he was skeptical.
Additionally, they also noted there were more republicans in the poll as well. They said that their poll of watchers was not representative of the U.S. because both Repubs and Dems were over-represented.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2008, 10:31 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,776,394 times
I don't. Just telling you what CNN said about the poll 40% dems, 30% reps. Just the facts.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydade View Post
AND...the pollsters were republican/democrat....NOT independents. It's the independents minds we need to pick because they are the ones that are going to decide Colorado, Florida and other battleground states.
CNN also just showed a poll of Independents only. Obama polled better on that as well, though I don't remember the numbers.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:33 PM

26,483 posts, read 36,317,502 times
I think we've all seen how early polls can be misleading. Didn't Fox have Palin winning the VP debate in the first few hours after it?

41,325 posts, read 44,776,394 times
Quote:
Additionally, they also noted there were more republicans in the poll as well. They said that their poll of watchers was not representative of the U.S. because both Repubs and Dems were over-represented.
More dems and reps in the poll than statistically represented nationwide - but the poll still had 10% more dems.

13,495 posts, read 37,319,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Obama won hands down. McCain would have won if it had been a "face pulling" contest.
OMG, that's funny!!! I came here to read~no intentions of posting, but I just HAVE to comment after reading that.

Lifelong Republican here who switched for the primaries because I'm an Obama supporter. I've always had the highest respect for Sen. McCain because of his service to our country. BUT after learning more things about his choice for a running mate, my respect for him sort of wanned.

Tonight's debate only made me think less of him. What was he trying to be? A 15 year old girl with the rolling eyes? I use that emoticon, but only if I have personally said something unintelligent. He just seemed so juvenile when he did that after Obama's comments.

Summary reports are commenting on how McCain appeared to be doing an exercise in anger management. If you ask me, he lost in that battle tonight.

AND where was his pin with the American flag? Can you imagine the controversy there would be if Obama wouldn't have worn his?

Old 10-15-2008, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
More dems and reps in the poll than statistically represented nationwide - but the poll still had 10% more dems.
Yes, but that's not what you said initially. I was providing additional perspective.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:35 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,118,135 times
No republican ever is said to 'win' these things, but McCain clearly handed his is butt. I am not that fond of McCain and even less of Obama, but McCain had him on the ropes all night long.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:36 PM

1,518 posts, read 2,752,128 times
I thought that Obama did a tremendously good job in tonight's debate. I personally felt whatever credit was given to hothead from the pundits after the debate on NBC, CBS, and ABC (PBS was a little more unbiased, imo) was overrated based off his previous, even more lackluster performances.

McCain sounded like an egotistically, scatter brained, and obstinate loud mouth who came off as brash, contradictory, and condescending multiple times.

Obama did a great job of articulating his thoughts and maintaining his composure despite McCain's repeated little jabs, unruly mannerisms and hypocrictical quirks (e.g. McCain's comments on trial lawyers, Ayers, dirty campaigns, and [non] repudiation).

One of my favorites was McCain's eupheism for someone that has a firm grasp of the English Language: 'Eloquence'. No John, it's called a good education and a fresh mind; two things you lack.

Verdict: To those capable of applying qualitative logic and reason to an argument while removing the partisan politics debauchery, and then applying that to tonight's debate: Obama was the clear victor tonight.

McCain's new moniker should be mudslinger, not 'mavRICK'.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:37 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,240,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
No republican ever is said to 'win' these things, but McCain clearly handed his is butt. I am not that fond of McCain and even less of Obama, but McCain had him on the ropes all night long.
Right-o.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections