Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 11:22 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,232,830 times

Advertisements

What's more interesting is how in that short clip where Nobama talks to Joe Plumber he mentions how people like himself who are making over 250k a year.

So Nobama wants people to think he can relate more to average joe's than McCain because McCain owns a lot of homes, yet Nobama makes over 250k a year and somehow is feeling the pain that people like Joe Plumber are, please.

Joe Plumber represents a lot of us, and just like Joe Plumber we are all going to be hit negatively by Nobama's plan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2008, 11:22 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,511,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Wonder if Joe Sixpack is registered!

Next they will come up with Joe Blow.

Old 10-15-2008, 11:24 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,412,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
I thought Barack's nickname was Barry-Blow?

Old 10-15-2008, 11:26 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,164,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
Independents polled by CNN were not at all interested in Joe the Plumber gimmicks.

Also in tonight's CNN poll, respondents rated Obama's tax policy as preferable to McCains by 56% to 41%. That's AFTER McCain repeatedly telling people that Obama would raise their taxes.

What does this mean?

First off, nobody likes taxes. Everyone agrees about that. But families, small businesses, etc... they also KNOW that you can't just borrow money indefinitely. At some point you've got to tighten the belt and pay -- yes PAY -- your debts down. It's no fun, but even among those whose taxes would increase, Obama's plan seems much more responsible and fair. They know that while they may have to sacrifice a bit now, a few years down the road the nation will be prospering and we could be looking at surpluses again (like during Clinton).

And Joe the Plumber, well, he'll be able to recoup any extra tax money he might have to pay in the next few years, simply with his speaking and appearance fees in the next 2 weeks. Heck, he might even be able to buy 3 plumbing companies with his windfall. So he's good with all that. A solid vote for Obama, I'd say.

I don't know who you think you are speaking for but some of us feel that we have paid plenty for a large percentage of everyone else through the years. I think the government needs to tighten their belt and quit wasting my hard earned money. I am tired of paying for their stupidity and for other people's bad choices.

Old 10-15-2008, 11:27 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,004,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclad View Post
I hope Joe the new American Hero goes on The View and uses his special septic solution to grease down that thing whoppie calls hair and shoves a sandwich down the other loudmouths face.
ROFL!!!! He could fit plungers over their mouths!!!!!!

Old 10-15-2008, 11:28 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,004,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
No, I think they paid off Obama's drug dealer and moved him to a Caribbean Island. Probably the same one where they deposited the beautiful campaign staffer Michelle didn't like!

Old 10-15-2008, 11:29 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,075,206 times
Joe, the plumber symbolizes the AMERICAN DREAM. A child who had dreams and pursued that dream by working 10-20 hour days with sweat and blood to achieve that American Dream.

Joe the plumber creates jobs. Without Joe, the plumber, you won't have a job.

Old 10-15-2008, 11:32 PM

881 posts, read 1,588,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
What's more interesting is how in that short clip where Nobama talks to Joe Plumber he mentions how people like himself who are making over 250k a year.

So Nobama wants people to think he can relate more to average joe's than McCain because McCain owns a lot of homes, yet Nobama makes over 250k a year and somehow is feeling the pain that people like Joe Plumber are, please.

Joe Plumber represents a lot of us, and just like Joe Plumber we are all going to be hit negatively by Nobama's plan.
Joe Plumber has changed the tone of the Obama massive tax increases. The McCain camp should get Joe in an ad. Guy works 7 days/week, 12h days to buy up the small business he currently works for and B. Hussein wants to steal this man's years of hard work and send a check to some lazy ass punk in Chicago who is smoking away his welfare check while starving his kids.

Joe is the "Cindy Sheehan" of Obama's high tax plan for the middle class after the rich move their $$ to the Cayman Islands. Except Joe is not a raving lunatric like Sheehan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
I thought Barack's nickname was Barry-Blow?
That was his drugdealer name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I don't know who you think you are speaking for but some of us feel that we have paid plenty for a large percentage of everyone else through the years. I think the government needs to tighten their belt and quit wasting my hard earned money. I am tired of paying for their stupidity and for other people's bad choices.
I make $32,000/year and I pay a lot. Under the tax calculator, my taxes will go up $382.16 under the Obama plan and will go down $26.97 under McCain.

We need McCain to come in and expose pork barrel spending, veto budgets, etc - even if Pelosi and Reid control Congress. This idea that Congress can spend under control is largely Bush's fault. Bush screwed us over bty lying and saying he was a "Conservative", whne he is fiscally irresponsible.

The government needs to stay within its own means. Taht is why we cannot have an Obama in the would-be painted "Black House" (Ludacris, Obama's friend sang a song about how Obama would paint the White House black if he wins).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections