U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 12:15 AM

14,330 posts, read 19,549,496 times

Advertisements

McCain attacked....like a gnat. He failed to change the tide and it was overwhelmingly clear that Barack Obama should be the next president. Obama is far McCain's superior. McCain embarrassing, aggressive, and hollow. That makes 3 for 3 to Obama on these debates.

McCain fails, Obama is not rattled - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20081016/pl_politico/14619 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 12:34 AM
LML

7,110 posts, read 8,119,402 times
It was like seeing the difference between a noble lion being bombarded by nasty little buzzing gnats. He barely notices them and then, with one mighty shake of his head, he sends them flying and he walks away with dignity.

Old 10-16-2008, 04:11 AM

4,180 posts, read 13,054,873 times
McCain looked flustered last night in his chair. His movement back and forth and his exaggerations showed a man who was weak. And, he would not admit his intentions in nominating Palin. Oh, and Columbia?????? Our economy boils down to bananas? Sounds like a Woody Allen film. Good grief.

Old 10-16-2008, 05:12 AM

13 posts, read 15,591 times
McCain jerked and twitched so much it was like he was auditioning Greys Anatomy.

Old 10-16-2008, 05:22 AM

4,687 posts, read 5,539,153 times
Clearly this was McCain's best performance during the debates, and I think he started out strong. He got off the one memorable line of the debates - the one about, "I'm not Bush - if you wanted to run against Bush, you should have do so 4 years ago." Great line. I was left wondering, why wait until now? McCain should have been saying that all along.

But then the angry, grumpy old man started to show through. He kept trying to go back to the attacks on Obama about Ayers and ACORN and it simply didn't work. And I feel sorry for Joe the plumber, being dragged into this.

Obama kept his cool, and even more importantly, kept going back to the issues. And with the economy being what it is today, serious talk about the issues is what most of us wanted to hear.

For McCain, at best it was a draw. I think he won the first 20-30 minutes, but then it was all Obama. Even if it is scored as a win for McCain, a win simply wasn't enough. He needed a clear and decisive victory, and I suspect the only people who are saying that this morning are the rabid right.

Old 10-16-2008, 05:28 AM

3,491 posts, read 7,862,188 times
McCain's constant attacks, sarcasm and body langauge were the reasons he lost the debate. He didnt look presidential at all. You could CLEARLY sense his personal dislike for Obama. It was his last chance and he blew it. Meanwhile Obama has purchased 30 minutes air time on all the major networks to present his positive plan for America in the final days.

Old 10-16-2008, 05:41 AM

5,697 posts, read 5,458,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
It was like seeing the difference between a noble lion being bombarded by nasty little buzzing gnats. He barely notices them and then, with one mighty shake of his head, he sends them flying and he walks away with dignity.
No, Obama is just narcissistic:
This sums him up very well!!

Symptoms
Narcissistic personality disorder symptoms may include:
  • Believing that you're better than others
  • Fantasizing about power, success and attractiveness
  • Exaggerating your achievements or talents
  • Expecting constant praise and admiration
  • Believing that you're special
  • Failing to recognize other people's emotions and feelings
  • Expecting others to go along with your ideas and plans
  • Taking advantage of others
  • Expressing disdain for those you feel are inferior
  • Being jealous of others
  • Believing that others are jealous of you
  • Trouble keeping healthy relationships
  • Setting unrealistic goals
  • Being easily hurt and rejected
  • Having a fragile self-esteem
  • Appearing as tough-minded or unemotional
Although some features of narcissistic personality disorder may seem like having confidence or strong self-esteem, it's not the same. Narcissistic personality disorder crosses the border of healthy confidence and self-esteem into thinking so highly of yourself that you put yourself on a pedestal. In contrast, people who have healthy confidence and self-esteem don't value themselves more than they value others.

Old 10-16-2008, 05:54 AM

4,507 posts, read 8,029,400 times
I though BO looked flustered several times as well. I wonder how often he has to lie to himself before he believes it enough to do a flawless presentation??

I was not in Bill Ayer's living room.

Old 10-16-2008, 06:08 AM

1,137 posts, read 2,050,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
I though BO looked flustered several times as well. I wonder how often he has to lie to himself before he believes it enough to do a flawless presentation??

he never said that, he said he didn't launch his political career there. The Obama campaign has sited a hotel as the location his career started, but they don't bring it up a lot...

Old 10-16-2008, 06:16 AM

216 posts, read 262,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
No, Obama is just narcissistic:
This sums him up very well!!

Symptoms

Narcissistic personality disorder symptoms may include:
  • Believing that you're better than others
  • Fantasizing about power, success and attractiveness
  • Exaggerating your achievements or talents
  • Expecting constant praise and admiration
  • Believing that you're special
  • Failing to recognize other people's emotions and feelings
  • Expecting others to go along with your ideas and plans
  • Taking advantage of others
  • Expressing disdain for those you feel are inferior
  • Being jealous of others
  • Believing that others are jealous of you
  • Trouble keeping healthy relationships
  • Setting unrealistic goals
  • Being easily hurt and rejected
  • Having a fragile self-esteem
  • Appearing as tough-minded or unemotional
Although some features of narcissistic personality disorder may seem like having confidence or strong self-esteem, it's not the same. Narcissistic personality disorder crosses the border of healthy confidence and self-esteem into thinking so highly of yourself that you put yourself on a pedestal. In contrast, people who have healthy confidence and self-esteem don't value themselves more than they value others.
How can anyone make fair assessment without personally knowing the person? People often present an image of themselves that they think would best represent them to the public. Looking in from the outside, a person can form an opinion, but this doesn't make their perception correct. This works both ways, because I don't see the same person that you see in Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or