Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 04:00 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Again, it's just too early to tell. I posted this before, I think in this thread, but I doubt anyone actually read it.

Exposure changes Palin image for better and worse: Gov. Sarah Palin | adn.com

The governor is ambitious; she will go as far as she can politically.
Not only did I read it, I posted an opinion on the site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 04:04 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Can you be specific and give us a list of her undisputable accomplishments?

As Mayor and Gvnr as you know you have executive duties-balance budget,etc.

Which is MORE than Obama has EVER done. Her approval ratings were high in both positions .

She has more experience in either position than your messiah has as a do nothing senator because "do nothing" was exactly what he "did" .

Old 10-16-2008, 04:14 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,018,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post

Which is MORE than Obama has EVER done. Her approval ratings were high in both positions .

She has more experience in either position than your messiah has as a do nothing senator because "do nothing" was exactly what he "did" .
the budget that increased almost twice under her mayorship
the expensive sports center that was pushed through even though the city did not own the land (and now under litigation)
her approval ratings were high because the governor before her was very unpopular, even appointing his daughter as senator

her negative rating has been increasing steadily in alaska

your messiah's girlfriend was not a very able admininstrator

Old 10-16-2008, 04:29 PM

260 posts, read 573,386 times
Quote:
Her approval ratings were high in both positions
I think "were" is the key word. If I was living in Alaska,I would beg Canada to close there borders and airspace. So miss wink,wink could not come back!

Old 10-16-2008, 06:10 PM

160 posts, read 564,740 times
Default Lobbyist

Her approval ratings at home are sinking fast, and anyone who runs against her for any office in Alaska can now hang vindictive Todd around her neck. The findings in the trooper report offer up too much red meat for opposition. Plus, she became a national punchline.
But the GOP will take care of her financially, and she's caught the DC bug.
My bet is she'll get a lucrative job on K Street, and try to rehabilitate her image for a few election cycles. And if Nixon could do it...

Old 10-16-2008, 06:18 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:

You forgot to mention that she billed her state for lodging and dining expenses when she was sleeping and eating at home.

She did leave a defecit in the budget just as the other poster stated.

There are residents in Alaska right now that are filing suit against her for ignoring laws pertaining to the "denning" of wolf pups.

I would say her luster is tarnishing fast. Her support of abstinence only didn't seem to work out too well on the home front. Look, it is insulting to the American people to ever suggest her representing this country as a high ranking official and obtuse to even start to compare her to Obama.

How can you comment on what Obama has never done when you never bothered to do the research?

Old 10-16-2008, 06:19 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,717,994 times
This is interesting. When asked about her high approval rating, the governor had this to say:

Quote:
"I think you just can't go wrong when your intentions are good in terms of providing that service to Alaskans -- open, honest, transparent government; clean up some of the ethical lapses that Alaskans had been getting tired of," she said.
Republican Governors Association - www.rga.org (http://www.rga.org/default.asp?pt=newsdescr&RI=427 - broken link)

Yes, her approval rating is going down in Alaska. And I am wondering how well represented rural Alaska was in the initial polls (Alaska is different from most parts of the U.S.--the red areas tend to be the urban ones).

I personally hope that she has no political future in either state or national politics. But with the way this country has become polarized, I think she can find somewhat of a following in either arena.

Old 10-16-2008, 11:58 PM

7,731 posts, read 13,428,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
Do you see Palin as having a future in politics beyond governor of Alaska?
Hopefully not.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:13 AM

20,293 posts, read 37,179,500 times
She will do fine, regardless. If she doesn't make it this time, she could run for Senate in a few years, and more than likely win.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:20 AM

20,293 posts, read 37,179,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
the budget that increased almost twice under her mayorship
the expensive sports center that was pushed through even though the city did not own the land (and now under litigation)
her approval ratings were high because the governor before her was very unpopular, even appointing his daughter as senator

her negative rating has been increasing steadily in alaska

your messiah's girlfriend was not a very able admininstrator
In reality, the sports center construction came to a vote by the people, and the majority voted YES. Also, by the time she won the governorship, property tax was down to .5. Property tax is a sore issue with Alaskans, because it's very high, and her town was the only one in Alaska where a sales tax was passed to proportionally reduce property tax.

However, she was not the creator of that idea, but another mayor before her. She was an assembly member at the time, and like the rest, voted for the tax. When she became mayor, she continued the tax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections