Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 03:04 PM

808 posts, read 1,148,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
The tax payers will pay for the bail out no matter who wins. Obama is full of BS, he's just telling people what they want to hear.
Are you Middle Class? If so, do you think it's fair that the middle class pay almost twice the percentage rate of taxes than millionaires pay? If millionaire CEOs' reckless behavior is why we had to bail them out do you really think they should pay half the cost of that than you pay? If you think those CEOs should pay half what you do towards repaying that bail out then you should vote for McCain. But if you think the CEOs should pay the same percentage of taxes that you pay then you should vote for Obama. Seriously...look into the tax rates and then look at both candidates' tax plans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 03:05 PM

78 posts, read 125,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
Even if they banned guns tomorrow (which will never happen), are they going to go door to door and collect them?

The sky is falling the sky is falling!!! I own guns and the NRA has been making the same claims for YEARS now!!!

Though I believe Obama will ban assault rifles, bayonet lugs, and high-cap mags, I agree with you that gun confiscation in the US would prove impossible.

I'd bet 1 in 5 would go down with a fight, so they'd have to approach every single gun owning house n America with a SWAT team. That would cost a little more than anyone can afford right now.

Old 10-16-2008, 03:08 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,545,629 times
Even if he wanted to, the recent SCOTUS decision on the DC handgun law extends to the whole country and no president could snap his fingers and overturn it any more than they could with Roe v. Wade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in NC
I agree with you that gun confiscation in the US would prove impossible.
Basically, a lot of people's brains would get splattered.

Old 10-16-2008, 03:09 PM

50,239 posts, read 46,991,184 times
Hello Police Department?

Hi, I am calling to report a theft, that's right a theft of all my guns. I'll need a case number for my insurance agent. Thank you.

Old 10-16-2008, 03:14 PM

808 posts, read 1,148,419 times
Hear what one of the richest men in the world have to say about how he pays 17% in taxes while his cleaning lady and secretary have to pay 30% in taxes. Can someone please riddle me why that is okay?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/mon...cle1996735.ece

Old 10-16-2008, 03:14 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,494,374 times
Quote:
Even if they banned guns tomorrow (which will never happen), are they going to go door to door and collect them?

The sky is falling the sky is falling!!! I own guns and the NRA has been making the same claims for YEARS now!!!

And in case YOU know it or not your right has been eroded bit, by bit, by bit over the years. Your friend Bubba deeply curtailed the activities of the Civilian Marksmanship Program along with importing evillllllll gus like the Norinco SKS which doesn't even approach looking like an assault weapon.

Old 10-16-2008, 03:16 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,494,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
"Barack Obama believes the Second Amendment creates an individual right, and he respects the constitutional rights of Americans to bear arms. He will protect the rights of hunters and other law-abiding Americans to purchase, own, transport, and use guns." - factcheck.org

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL, have some more Kool Aid.

Old 10-16-2008, 03:43 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,725,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Even if he wanted to, the recent SCOTUS decision on the DC handgun law extends to the whole country and no president could snap his fingers and overturn it any more than they could with Roe v. Wade.

Basically, a lot of people's brains would get splattered.

Until martial law is declared, which the president can do at any time, for anything he see's fit......then it will be more than just the SWAT team coming to visit you, to take your gun.....

Old 10-17-2008, 07:12 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,407,634 times
Eight years on the Joyce Foundation says something, no?

Voting four times against a bill to protect homeowners who defend themselves within their own homes.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:17 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,299,286 times
Quote:

but it is a fact the Dems have tried consistently for several decades to ban them things. Washington DC, Morton Grove. THE AW Ban. Dont be so quick to popo the idea that they the liberal dems wont go after the guns again.
And dont be so sure they wont try door to door.........

Logistically anything is possible. And dont also forget there is a lrge portion of the population, your peers, who dont think you should have a gun and they wont have a problem snitching YOU off for some one to come get your gun.

Just dont rule out what has proven a decades long effort. DO remember this goes back to the 1968 gun control act.

Boy am I gonna get flamed now.............go ahead, give it your best shot spunky
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections