Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 01:39 PM

1,286 posts, read 2,916,879 times

Advertisements

As far as chicago, he earmarked $14 million for a projects cleanup, couple buildings were removed, rest of the money went into his friends pocket. making his friends rich? yes! god damn elitist.

Great Coverage of Obama in the 90's regarding ACORN, lol

YouTube - EVIDENCE FOUND!!! Clinton administration's "BANK AFFIRMATIVE ACTION" They forced banks to make BAD LOANS and ACORN and Obama's tie to all of it!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 01:39 PM

500 posts, read 910,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakecountylifer View Post
Obama has done nothing for the state of Illinois and the City of Chicago. Corruption in Chicago is epidemic and Illinois has our former governor in federal prison and our current governor under federal investigation. How can Obama clean up Washington if he can't make the slightest impact in Illinois? I'm afraid "Slick Barry" is "all talk" and admittedly a good tele-prompter reader. But we need more than someone who talks a good game and is personable.

In fact, to demonstrate his impact on Illinois, Obama couldn't vote yes or no hundreds of times---he could only vote present in the Illinois state senate. Then, after paying his dues to the Chicago mob connected Democratic machine, Obama was placed on the ballot and elected U.S "Celebrity Senator", which basically means cocktail parties and photo ops with the rich and elite.

We can do better with an actual hero---John McCain.

Yeah, Chicago and Illinois were the most moral and cleanest of political states before Barry showed up, now it's a cesspool.

And McCain is a true hero, killing all those innocent people in Vietnam.

Old 10-17-2008, 01:41 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Obama's buddy Deval Patrick is still a dud governor here in MA. If he can't improve our small state, then Obama has no chance of making America better.

Old 10-17-2008, 01:42 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
A point of interest is the party leanings of the city. For much of the last century, Chicago has been considered one of the largest Democratic strongholds in the United States. For example, the citizens of Chicago have not elected a Republican mayor since 1927, when William Thompson was voted into office. Today, only one city council member is Republican.

Political history of Chicago - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-17-2008, 01:49 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,075,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud Dickman View Post
Yeah, Chicago and Illinois were the most moral and cleanest of political states before Barry showed up, now it's a cesspool.

And McCain is a true hero, killing all those innocent people in Vietnam.
I am looking for PALIN with her ETHICS reform experience to sneak in and CLEAN UP CHICAGO and ILLINOIS politics so the people there deserve to live a life of HOPE and a promise of prosperity earned using legitimate means. CHICAGO could easily be one of the best cities in the USA.

Old 10-17-2008, 01:58 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,106,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
I am looking for PALIN with her ETHICS reform experience to sneak in and CLEAN UP CHICAGO and ILLINOIS politics so the people there deserve to live a life of HOPE and a promise of prosperity earned using legitimate means. CHICAGO could easily be one of the best cities in the USA.
Wait a minute. Aside from the fact that Palin has already violated ethics laws just a few years into state office, why would a Vice President be involved in the municipal government of Chicago?

You want the Federal Government going that far now? If Obama becomes President, do you want him interfering with your city council?

I have a feeling you'll be writing in ALL CAPS how the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS!!!

For the record, I'm sure Obama feels fully responsible that our former Republican governor is now sitting in jail, sounding a death nail for the Republican party in Illinois. And despite the fact that Obama ran against the Daley machine candidate in the Senate Democratic Primary, and passed the most far-reaching ethics reform in state history while a member of the Illinois state senate, he probably should've done more.

But, if you believe that he is responsible for any issues in Chicago or Illinois politics, how can you support Sarah Palin, coming from perhaps the most corrupt state in the union, and already stained by ethics violations herself. Do you think these things through at all?

Old 10-17-2008, 02:06 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,324,754 times
First of all, why should you care about Chicago politics? you reside in Gurnee, 56 miles north.
second of all, it is the Chicago Machine (democrats) and you'd better be careful, they're coming to a neighborhood near you, it's called Obama.
That's what makes Chicago so great, "the city with big shoulders" has mostly always been, democratically controlled. that's why they also say "if you can't find a job in Chicago, you can't find a job anywhere" which= democrats put people to work, and the conservative base starts conflicts with other countries they don't want to finish, and, has always been for the rich and affluent boys, and love spending tax dollars on military and making countries mad at the US the world over, while democrats spend the time in office patching up relations with other nations the republican base destroys. Remember "A kinder gentler nation"? no, just softer bullets.
If ya don't like Chicago politics, move to a country like New Mexico, it's like a third world nation.
BTW, the former GOV and SEC of State? crooks
I think the last good gov was thompson, until he used that state helicoptor for private use while someone with a medical emergency needed an airlift MEDVAC.
Quote:
Obama has done nothing for the state of Illinois and the City of Chicago. Corruption in Chicago is epidemic and Illinois has our former governor in federal prison and our current governor under federal investigation. How can Obama clean up Washington if he can't make the slightest impact in Illinois? I'm afraid "Slick Barry" is "all talk" and admittedly a good tele-prompter reader. But we need more than someone who talks a good game and is personable.

In fact, to demonstrate his impact on Illinois, Obama couldn't vote yes or no hundreds of times---he could only vote present in the Illinois state senate. Then, after paying his dues to the Chicago mob connected Democratic machine, Obama was placed on the ballot and elected U.S "Celebrity Senator", which basically means cocktail parties and photo ops with the rich and elite.

We can do better with an actual hero---John McCain.

Old 10-17-2008, 02:27 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,075,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
Wait a minute. Aside from the fact that Palin has already violated ethics laws just a few years into state office, why would a Vice President be involved in the municipal government of Chicago?

You want the Federal Government going that far now? If Obama becomes President, do you want him interfering with your city council?

I have a feeling you'll be writing in ALL CAPS how the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS!!!

For the record, I'm sure Obama feels fully responsible that our former Republican governor is now sitting in jail, sounding a death nail for the Republican party in Illinois. And despite the fact that Obama ran against the Daley machine candidate in the Senate Democratic Primary, and passed the most far-reaching ethics reform in state history while a member of the Illinois state senate, he probably should've done more.

But, if you believe that he is responsible for any issues in Chicago or Illinois politics, how can you support Sarah Palin, coming from perhaps the most corrupt state in the union, and already stained by ethics violations herself. Do you think these things through at all?
Palin has a successful history of tackling ethics reform.
If Palin violated any ethics, then she should be punished.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:09 PM

694 posts, read 2,016,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
First of all, why should you care about Chicago politics? you reside in Gurnee, 56 miles north.
second of all, it is the Chicago Machine (democrats) and you'd better be careful, they're coming to a neighborhood near you, it's called Obama.
That's what makes Chicago so great, "the city with big shoulders" has mostly always been, democratically controlled. that's why they also say "if you can't find a job in Chicago, you can't find a job anywhere" which= democrats put people to work, and the conservative base starts conflicts with other countries they don't want to finish, and, has always been for the rich and affluent boys.
Are you really a d-ass or are you just acting like a d-ass? First the "why do I care about Chicago politics" comment is baffling?????---- You sure assume an awful lot about me or you have just one brain cell clicking.

Because I don't live in the city proper I shouldn't care ???(And by the way slow guy, Gurnee is 39 miles north not 56). Also---maybe you work at the local tavern or something but you have no idea if I work in Chicago or have a property interest. People commute into Chicago every day from around here bud. I could go on to point out the rest of your stupidness but I feel like I'm talking with Jethro Bodean. And to think how stupid it is to call me out because you think I live outside of the city and "shouldn't care"--and then You, from freaking New Mexico---hundreds of miles away---your commenting on Chicago from a stand point like you somehow know...Do you see the irony?----Just a freaking simpleton.

Last edited by lakecountylifer; 10-17-2008 at 06:20 PM..

Old 10-17-2008, 06:42 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,324,754 times
UUoohh, tochy, touchy I see you have at least 2 brain cells clicking.
I stand corrected, 39 miles, sorry.
I see the irony, you're a disgruntled republican. if my party were losing like yours, I'd be mad too.
or, did you have a long day on the tri-state, kennedy, ryan, or edens?
Quote:
Are you really a d-ass or are you just acting like a d-ass? First the "why do I care about Chicago politics" comment is baffling?????---- You sure assume an awful lot about me or you have just one brain cell clicking.

Because I don't live in the city proper I shouldn't care ???(And by the way slow guy, Gurnee is 39 miles north not 56). Also---maybe you work at the local tavern or something but you have no idea if I work in Chicago or have a property interest. People commute into Chicago every day from around here bud. I could go on to point out the rest of your stupidness but I feel like I'm talking with Jethro Bodean. And to think how stupid it is to call me out because you think I live outside of the city and "shouldn't care"--and then You, from freaking New Mexico---hundreds of miles away---your commenting on Chicago from a stand point like you somehow know...Do you see the irony?----Just a freaking simpleton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections