Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Senator Obama require more security,if elected as our President?
Yes 58 55.77%
No 31 29.81%
Time will tell 15 14.42%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 06:23 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,082 times

Advertisements

This is absolutely ridiculous! I have to wonder why it is that the liberals think that Obama should be treated special and that he should have more than any other President has had? It is a shame that they think that Obama is to be treated special. Get over it. The man will be safe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 06:34 AM

717 posts, read 1,954,933 times
Absolutely will security need to be airtight...and then some! The McCainiacs have fired up their blathering, chest beating, knuckle dragging minions from every honky tonk bar, back woods shack and KKK rally. Hate and invective are at fever pitch where ever that second string prom queen spouts inanities or the lawn gnome turns beet red lying about Obama's ties to terrorists. Security concerns??? You betcha!!!!!

Old 10-17-2008, 06:37 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,849,699 times
bush has an approval rating of like 20% that means that 80% of americans don't like him. he's alive. obama doesn't need any more security. only far left radical tax and spend liberal freaks think more security is necessary.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:48 AM

281 posts, read 380,887 times
Bush is not black or half black, in case you all didn't noticed. That's the prime difference. I don't recall there being as much hate or anger directed at Bush during his campaign as with Obama. He will definitely need the extra security. No doubt about it.

Much of America is still racist, to afford not to.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:51 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,849,699 times
you don't seem to understand the level of security the president already has. color has nothing to do with it. after the assassination attempts on ford and reagan, it will never happen again. you are living in fantasy land if you think "much" of america is racist. unless you are referring to both black and white racism. you do realize that it's possible for a black person to hate white people right? not really that surprised to see you bring the world racist into the mix once again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natchezbreed View Post
Bush is not black or half black, in case you all didn't noticed. That's the prime difference. I don't recall there being as much hate or anger directed at Bush during his campaign as with Obama. He will definitely need the extra security. No doubt about it.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:52 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclad View Post
Good, pony up they make about 75K per year each. Put up or shut up.
The threat to a President Obama will come almost 100% from internal sources. And he will have to have additional security.

I'm happy that you're going to have to pay for some of it. I hope that you'll have a line-item deduction on your paychecks so you can see just what you're paying. Call it a stupidity tax.

We'll all be paying it. But I'll be happy because it pisses you off so much.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:53 AM

Quote:

Actually, I do remember the hate and things said toward Bush when he was running for the second term. Oh yeah, there was much hate.

BTW, quite blaming racism for every damn ill there is. It is childish, to say the least. Yes, there happens to be racism, from all sides by the way, but Obama has enough security, and more than anyone else has ever had. He will be fine. If he is killed then this country will move on, as we have always done when Presidents and great people have been murdered.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:55 AM

1,768 posts, read 3,413,010 times
Everybody loves this guy so why should he get added protection? I mean, everything is going to get much better next year — we'll all have the jobs we want, gas will be under a dollar a gallon and there will be free health care for everyone — so who would want to hurt the guy?

Old 10-17-2008, 06:57 AM

281 posts, read 380,887 times
I understand very well the level of security the president already has. I don't feel that will be enough, considering the nature of this election.

No one on earth could say, that an assassination wouldn't happen again. My guess is that you think it is highly unlikely, I however think differently because Obama is black, and like I just mention because of the nature of this campaign.

And no, in this situation, I'm referring only to white racism for the most part, though I do feel it is possible for a black to hate a white person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
you don't seem to understand the level of security the president already has. color has nothing to do with it. after the assassination attempts on ford and reagan, it will never happen again. you are living in fantasy land if you think "much" of america is racist. unless you are referring to both black and white racism. you do realize that it's possible for a black person to hate white people right? not really that surprised to see you bring the world racist into the mix once again.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:59 AM

Quote:
I understand very well the level of security the president already has. I don't feel that will be enough, considering the nature of this election.

No one on earth could say, that an assassination wouldn't happen again. My guess is that you think it is highly unlikely, I however think differently because Obama is black, and like I just mention because of the nature of this campaign.

And no, in this situation, I'm referring only to white racism for the most part, though I do feel it is possible for a black to hate a white person.
I think he has much more to fear from anyone if he screws the government more than it already is. It seems that many in here actually want to see a race war or something since it is all you can talk about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections