Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 08:46 PM

7,160 posts, read 4,715,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by findingmesomeday View Post
I don't usually vote for an individual candidate. I base my vote on who I think the candidate will surround himself with once in office (Cabinet positions) and who I think will be controlling Congress at the time--and whether or not I like what those people represent. I'm working on the first but I've already come to a conclusion about the second and it will probably drive my vote. I really don't like either Presidential candidate. At all. But Nancy Pelosi et al scare me even more. So while I am still undecided, I have to say that McCain stands a good chance of getting my vote because having the Nancy Pelosis of the world running around unchecked scares the snot out of me.
Although I do not use the same criteria to determine how to vote, I do understand what you are saying.

In my case, however, I absolutely loathe former Sen Phil Gramm--a close friend of McCain and someone McCain asked for advice re: the economy

Phil Gramm is a corrupt, mean, self serving, ignorant, arrogant ass that makes Dick Cheney look like a boy scout.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 08:47 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,908,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Phil Gramm is a corrupt, mean, self serving, ignorant, arrogant ass that makes Dick Cheney look like a boy scout.
I totally agree with you!!! You hit the nail on the head about him.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:48 PM

826 posts, read 1,619,871 times
Joe the Plumber simply questioned Lord Barack Hussein Obama, my god, how dare he ask him a question - now the media has RIPPED apart this guy, I feel bad for him and it shows the media bias. So now we got the media and the Obama campaign making fun of plumbers, and people voting for mentally challenged against who they wanted

Old 10-17-2008, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
This personal attack by the media and the insane Left will backfire. Joe is just an average American who committed the heinous crime of asking a legitimate question of The One.

This is just an effort to deflect away from the true story - "Spread the wealth" - which the Left, the media and the Obama campaign must be worried about.

Based on the effort by the media and the Left to damage JTP - you just know they are worried.
I gave you a rep point for this because it's true. Joe DARED to question The One and did, and now the media is killing this guy. Yet the media doesn't care about Donald Warden, Rezco, Ayers, Woods Fund, Saul Alinski, it is sad. Then Barack makes fun of plumbers today. Makes fun of plumbers. Great way to get votes.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:52 PM

5,287 posts, read 4,349,273 times
Just a friendly reminder, folks. This is the topic of this thread:

Joe the Plumber and the Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
I find this stuff to be very funny, and a great summary of how the media has behaved this entire campaign (the full cycle).

Poor Joe gets in line and has the great fortune to ask a question. The response from Obama gave McCain an opening to publicly target the differences in their economic philosophy.

Joe is then subsequently interviewed, and says he supports McCain.

Since then, Joe has been accused of being a plant, linked to Keating 5, found to owe taxes and not have a license.

Instead, if he had stated he supports Obama, he would have been found to be a leader in his community, a boy scout leader, rescued a cat from a tree, a volunteer at a food bank, and have perfect dental records.

No media bias...what a crock.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:52 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,908,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash83 View Post
Joe the Plumber simply questioned Lord Barack Hussein Obama, my god, how dare he ask him a question - now the media has RIPPED apart this guy, I feel bad for him and it shows the media bias. So now we got the media and the Obama campaign making fun of plumbers, and people voting for mentally challenged against who they wanted
Yep, people apparently aren't supposed to question Obama. It is sickening what the media has and is doing to the man. I think Obama should tell the media to back off, but of course he won't because they are his right arm.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:00 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,524,454 times
The first person(s) to make a spectacle out of Joe was McCain at his debate. He mentioned him 20 something times... Joe did not ask to be brought into a presidential debate... McCain shined the light his way...

Old 10-17-2008, 09:18 PM

The thing is Joe questioned Obama. No one is supposed to question Obama. They are supposed to put on the tin foiled hats, listen, and be mesmerized. Well, Joe forgot his tin foil hat and dared to ask Lord Hussein a question and look what happened. Imagine if everyone took off the tin foil hats and asked Baraq something

Old 10-17-2008, 09:44 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,106,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
The first person(s) to make a spectacle out of Joe was McCain at his debate. He mentioned him 20 something times... Joe did not ask to be brought into a presidential debate... McCain shined the light his way...
Then the media should have appropriately focused upon how he was being used by the candidates to make their points.

To focus instead on his name, lack of license and back taxes is really a remarkable item. To me, it is the clearest crystallization of media stupidity that I have seen this election cycle.

I really wonder if they would have treated Joe this way if he had said that Obama's response was brilliant.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:09 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,524,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Then the media should have appropriately focused upon how he was being used by the candidates to make their points.

To focus instead on his name, lack of license and back taxes is really a remarkable item. To me, it is the clearest crystallization of media stupidity that I have seen this election cycle.

I really wonder if they would have treated Joe this way if he had said that Obama's response was brilliant.
Gimmick
  1. A significant feature that is obscured, misrepresented, or not readily evident; a catch.
Joe is not even Joe. His 'example' was a lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections