Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 09:06 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,848,653 times

Advertisements

As many of you know I spend a fair amount of my time canvassing and phone banking for Obama. It's a lot of fun and keeps me out in the beautiful autumn sunshine. I've had a fair amount of (generally older than 50) voters say that they never thought they'd find themselves voting for a Black man for President, but that they are, or are seriously leaning that way this year.

I realize there are some posters on here who think that an Obama (the baboon) Presidency will lead to (an alliance with Muslim terrorists), and ('hood rats getting their annual abortions), (changing the stars and stripes to the hammer and sickle, or star and crescent), and that we'll all have to begin our day singing a song (honoring "the one" or "beloved leader") and that Bill Ayers will become our (Secretary of domestic terrorism), and that anyone who utters a "supposedly" racist word (will be put in detention camps).

But seriously, what do the "thinking" people on C-D think?

The bold face words are all taken directly, or paraphrasing posts, or in some cases thread titles in this forum.

I have only had two people drop the "N" bomb on me, as in "you're a "N" lover, or "there's no f'ng way I'd ever vote for an "N". Of course under the reasoning of many on C-D, these people are not racists, and I would be the racist for calling them one. Therefor I won't.

golfgod
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 09:11 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,075,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
As many of you know I spend a fair amount of my time canvassing and phone banking for Obama. It's a lot of fun and keeps me out in the beautiful autumn sunshine. I've had a fair amount of (generally older than 50) voters say that they never thought they'd find themselves voting for a Black man for President, but that they are, or are seriously leaning that way this year.

I realize there are some posters on here who think that an Obama (the baboon) Presidency will lead to (an alliance with Muslim terrorists), and ('hood rats getting their annual abortions), (changing the stars and stripes to the hammer and sickle, or star and crescent), and that we'll all have to begin our day singing a song (honoring "the one" or "beloved leader") and that Bill Ayers will become our (Secretary of domestic terrorism), and that anyone who utters a "supposedly" racist word (will be put in detention camps).

The bold face words are all taken directly, or paraphrasing posts, or in some cases thread titles in this forum.

I have only had two people drop the "N" bomb on me, as in "you're a "N" lover, or "there's no f'ng way I'd ever vote for an "N". Of course under the reasoning of many on C-D, these people are not racists, and I would be the racist for calling them one. Therefor I won't.

golfgod

I look at facts and facts speak for themselves.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...ml#post5729794

OBAMA should be worried about fixing his own hometown CHICAGO, IL first!!! How can he fix the USA if he couldn't even fix CHICAGO, IL.

All he is going to do is take the taxpayers money and funnel that to projects that his shady alliances will lead.

He will make the Americans dependent on government MONEY and services. America will lose their dignity because they will all think that the only way they can survive is with government.

AMERICAN people survived on their own for many years with their hard work.

The CORE PROBLEM is greed, cheating and corruption and this will continue and get worse with the OBAMA presidency.

And the proof is here
http://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...ml#post5729794

OBAMA is in this for POWER. If he cares about the people, then he should run for mayor or governor at IL and fix that state and his hometown CHICAGO.

Alaska Crime Rates
http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/akcrime.htm

OBAMA's Chicago Area
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/jul/25/spiraling-murder-rate-sparking-political-spats/

Old 10-17-2008, 09:15 AM

And linking back to another thread is "proof"? Of what? No discussion of anything in my post! No comments on any of the (or course they're not racist) posts in other threads! Did you even read my post, or do you just quote every beginning post in each thread and use it to add your links?

Meh.

golfgod

Old 10-17-2008, 09:15 AM

1,949 posts, read 5,983,385 times
I think it's horrid that people will not vote for someone because of their race. Race is totally irrelevant. It's funny because a lot of those same ignorant, arrogant, bigotted people would NEVER vote for a woman, but McCain has given them no choice in the matter. If they want McCain they HAVE to accept a woman and they have to take into consideration that it's possible she could end up to be President should something happen to him.

It does not matter. I do not see the person's sex or race. I see what I want and DO NOT want for this country. We are sinking fast. McCain will only make the holes in our boat bigger.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:19 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,203,236 times
Pertaining to Obama, I am afraid too much responsibility would be removed from the citizen. It seems so many people today (McCain supporters as well as Obama actually) expect the government to solve their problems for them. A few years ago Obama told a girl in a school if she had a whole pizza, and her friend had no pizza, shouldn't she help her friend and give her some pizza? (I can't remember the exact quote, I am sure you know the instance I am speaking of though).

While I agree completely that the girl should share her pizza, I fear Obama would make it policy not just to mandate such an action, but to expel the girl for not sharing. (Sorry for stupid metaphors, but I think it accurately illustrates my point) I think there is a big difference between a moral imperative and government mandate. I think for the most part Obama takes things which are absolutely a moral issue (helping the poor), and wants to legally require them. I do not think that line of thought goes along with the spirit of self sufficiency and independence which every American should have.

Goverment should insure its citizens have the freedom to fix their own problems, it should not fix the problems for us. On these issues, Obama and I strongly disagree.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:20 AM

1,389 posts, read 3,533,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamitrail View Post
I think it's horrid that people will not vote for someone because of their race. Race is totally irrelevant. *snip*
On the same token, its ridiculous that some people will vote for someone simply because of his race.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:22 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,016,628 times
Isn't it the responsibility of the MAYOR of Chicago to fix his city?
As well as the chief of police?
A senator has to represent their entire state in Washington.
How can he be expected to fix Chicago while in Washington?

Old 10-17-2008, 09:23 AM

chorizo wrote;
Quote:
On the same token, its ridiculous that some people will vote for someone simply because of his race.
True, but in every election since they gained the right to vote, 1968, Blacks have given their votes to White men. It's not lke White Presidents have an unbroken string of 43 winners.

golfgod

Old 10-17-2008, 09:31 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,911,536 times
Quote:

golfgod
i submit that you are the racist for assuming that people are only voting against him because he is black! i am voting against him because he is a corrupt wall street politician who has proven that he does not understand the economy by a) arranging the wall street bailout and bailing out bankers and stockbrokers instead of forcing the banks to work directly with the mortgage holders, b) promising spending programs, including both forgiving foreign debt and his global poverty act, that we cannot afford. he is guaranteeing even more financial trouble for americans if he does any of these things!

Old 10-17-2008, 09:41 AM

1,389 posts, read 3,533,313 times
Quote:
chorizo wrote;

True, but in every election since they gained the right to vote, 1968, Blacks have given their votes to White men. It's not lke White Presidents have an unbroken string of 43 winners.

golfgod

All I am saying is that not voting for Obama because he is black is just as bad as voting for him only because he is. Which, if you talk to a lot of (I am not saying all or even most of, I know plenty of intelligent Obama supporters who can actually explain his policies to me) his supporters, they know nothing of him other than his skin color, and some even admit to the fact they are only voting Obama because he's a black man.

Which leads me to another point of interest. He is just as much a white man as he is a black man, whats the big deal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections