Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 12:12 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,791,131 times

Advertisements

that's not bipolar. bipolar is buying an urban flat and 500 acres in the mountains in the same day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
I almost moved to Chicago in 1999. I wish I had. I've got a serious bi-polar issue. I want to live in the country, hence my current location, but I love the city. Chicago style more than NYC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 12:13 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,791,131 times
once you get a chinatown, then you can be a real city. until then, I will just enjoy eating at cook out when I visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
Nobody is saying Greensboro is a big city...Its up for debate whether Charlotte is considered a big city. But Greensboro is an urban city and downtown expands far beyond the defined central business distric limits and into surrounding historic urban neighborhoods that are old as dirt.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:14 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,558,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
hell, you can see that in wilmington, but that doesn't give it an urban feel. I grew up in the DC area. DC is a city. the metro, several different areas, like adams morgan, anacostia, georgetown, capital hill, among others. it's just my perception, no need to get that offended.
Well lets see Greensboro has several urban districts (Neighborhoods) outside the defined dowtown boundaries. (Fisher Park, Aycock, College Hill, Irving Park and Westerwood). There is a nice upscale urban retail village (State Street Station) in the Irving Park neighborhood north of downtown that looks alot like the French Quarter in New Orleans. the buildings were built in the 1920s and at night some of the restaurants play live Jazz Music on the streets and in the resturants. Greensboro has more urban amenties to offer than you think. Greensboro is a "medium-sized" city. its not small but its not big either.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:15 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,059,928 times
All OBAMA supporters get out the vote! We cannot wish him into the Whitehouse, we need to vote him in!

Old 10-17-2008, 12:17 PM

Quote:
once you get a chinatown, then you can be a real city. until then, I will just enjoy eating at cook out when I visit.
BTW we got a Brooks Brothers store ha ha ha ha

Old 10-17-2008, 12:17 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,532,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
I almost moved to Chicago in 1999. I wish I had. I've got a serious bi-polar issue. I want to live in the country, hence my current location, but I love the city. Chicago style more than NYC.
Yeah, Gotta love the Chi...still my fav. city but the Hawk is brutal, love Charlotte, great people and city, no -30 days....lol....nothing like living in a city that goes into shock because it might snow tomorrow or the day after, in Mich we walked in snow you couldn't see over or through to get to school!

Old 10-17-2008, 12:18 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,532,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
All OBAMA supporters get out the vote! We cannot wish him into the Whitehouse, we need to vote him in!
Register, register, register!! Everyone Vote!

Old 10-17-2008, 12:22 PM

Quote:
I love this place in a downtown district in Greensboro called Southside. Upscale wine cafe with live Jazz on the weekends. its a block away from where I live. You can go to Cook Outs if you want to but im going to the Press LOL

and the half a million dollar townhomes accross the street

Last edited by gsoboi; 10-17-2008 at 12:55 PM..

Old 10-17-2008, 12:23 PM

307 posts, read 711,877 times
This is awesome! I lived in Va my whole life (Dc suburbs) and now NC, I hope both of my states go blue!

Old 10-17-2008, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLK706 View Post
This is awesome! I lived in Va my whole life (Dc suburbs) and now NC, I hope both of my states go blue!
NC is indeed going blue
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections