Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 04:19 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,849,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
So Warren Buffet is anti-America.
How about Mark Sanford SC's Republican Governor? Shall I continue?
Wow, nice pic!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2008, 04:29 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,300,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I've been seen as anti-american because I don't have a flag in my yard or on my car... I criticize our government and it's leaders and I don't like the way my country is being run. Do you want to know why?? Because I think America could be better. I'm willing to put myself on the line (they wouldn't let me into the Air Force, where I wanted to go...) to make this country great and that's seen as anti-american. If I don't blindly follow what the big bad government tells me then I'm anti American?? How does THAT make sense?
No, that's not anti-American. What's anti-American is the number of people who think "big business" is evil, "the rich are getting richer, and they owe me some of their money", "this war is illegal (never mind that sometimes it's necessary, and we will always have to fight to preserve freedom)

Need I go on? No, I don't see you as anti-American at all. But there damn sure are a lot of people out there who are, and they vote DEMOCRAT most of the time.

Old 10-18-2008, 04:32 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,109,559 times
I'd like to know how all of you who yell about the poor stealing from the rich feel about the rich stealing from all of us as they take more than a trillion dollars to bail out their poor business decisions?

Old 10-18-2008, 04:36 PM

1,576 posts, read 6,348,634 times
Wait a minute... Wasn't John McCain born in the Panama Canal Zone?!?! Why...that isn't even America. If small towns are more pro-america than big cities, than it goes without saying that places outside the country are not pro-america at all. John McCain isn't from the Heartland. He isn't even from America. He's not pro-America. Who is the real terrorist, Ms. Palin?!?!

Old 10-18-2008, 04:48 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,942,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
Actually, being pro American is defending the constitution, ensuring the govt upholds the rights of the people, and to honor the vote and change in govt as determined by the electoral college. Nothing to do with a specific economic system. We change that all the time.
Beautifully stated, wish I could rep you.

I took the entire summer off to travel around the country, visiting friends and registering voters (and no, I don't work for Acorn. I'm not paid by anybody. I'm proud to be a volunteer.) When the convention was over, I went home for about a week, then headed up to Virginia to stay with my family for awhile so I could register voters up here. I have written post after post after post about voting, making a point to keep these posts nonpartisan because I want to see everyone voting, not just the members of my party. But I guess I'm anti-American, according to Ms. Palin.

I've always paid my taxes, and two of my grandsons had died in Iraq, defending this country. I could go on, but I think I've made my point: I've supported my country with my time, my effort, my money, and my blood. What more do I need to do to be pro-American?

Let me guess, the next comment will be: "Oh, I wasn't talking about you--I was talking about your neighbors." Well, the people who live nearby are pretty much as patriotic as I am. Yup, even though we're mostly democrats. Most of the houses here have flags, many of the people who live here have fought for their country, some people in my neighborhood died at the Pentagon during 911. Too bad Ms. Palin thinks we're not Pro-American. She doesn't even know us.

Old 10-18-2008, 04:50 PM

48,117 posts, read 21,997,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
No, that's not anti-American. What's anti-American is the number of people who think "big business" is evil, "the rich are getting richer, and they owe me some of their money", "this war is illegal (never mind that sometimes it's necessary, and we will always have to fight to preserve freedom)

Need I go on? No, I don't see you as anti-American at all. But there damn sure are a lot of people out there who are, and they vote DEMOCRAT most of the time.
nononesenseguy: This war is a criminal undertaking; it was not only totally unnecessary but it has made America less safe and has tipped the balance of power in the middle east (Where all the oil is) into the hands of Iraq! It is a violation of long standing American policy not to attack a country that hasnt attacked us. This war had nothing to do with preserving our freedom; I dont know why but it was a scheme of Bush and Cheney and Rumsfeld to attack Iraq.....probably had to do with the oil....maybe with Bush's family dynamics about his Dad....but nothing to do with our freedom.....

Last edited by elston; 10-18-2008 at 04:58 PM..

Old 10-18-2008, 04:55 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,925,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I'd like to know how all of you who yell about the poor stealing from the rich feel about the rich stealing from all of us as they take more than a trillion dollars to bail out their poor business decisions?
Good point!!! I don't it either way and it is why I was totally aginst the bailout completely. Hell, neither the businesses or the people should be bailed out.

Old 10-18-2008, 04:55 PM

9,889 posts, read 10,820,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Ok Sarah which of us live in areas that are not pro American and what makes us so?
Palin Explains What Parts Of Country Not "Pro-America"
The McCain campaign is seeking to clarify a remark reported from a Sarah Palin fundraiser in North Carolina yesterday in which the Alaska Governor declared that she loved to visit the "pro-America" areas of the country -- implying, implicitly, that there were some parts of the United States she viewed as not pro-America.

Readers what does this say to you about America under President Palin after McCain steps down for health reasons?
You're kidding right? They dont call it the heart land for nothing.
Maybe you should take a poll, big city vs small town rural America.
Simple question Is America the greatest country in the world?
You will have the answer to you're question!

Old 10-18-2008, 05:11 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,942,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
I could go on, but I think I've made my point: I've supported my country with my time, my effort, my money, and my blood. What more do I need to do to be pro-American?
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Maybe you should take a poll, big city vs small town rural America.
Simple question Is America the greatest country in the world?
You will have the answer to you're question!
Oh, I get it. If you don't think America is the greatest, then you're anti-America. You're right, if a poll taker asked me a question like that I wouldn't automatically give the expected answer. Because, being a proud and independent American I'm not a yes-man.

Also, I'd want to know what, specifically, was being judged. America could use some improvement. That's why people like me, who love their country, volunteer to help improve it. For example, America is not the greatest country when it comes to the percentage of people who vote--I'm actually doing something to change that. But I guess I'm anti-American for doing that, since it means I recognize America isn't perfect.

Yup, I guess supporting your country with time, effort, money, and blood means nothing. If you answer "yes" to a poll, you're pro American. Oy!

Old 10-18-2008, 05:12 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,512,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Ok Sarah which of us live in areas that are not pro American and what makes us so?
Palin Explains What Parts Of Country Not "Pro-America"
The McCain campaign is seeking to clarify a remark reported from a Sarah Palin fundraiser in North Carolina yesterday in which the Alaska Governor declared that she loved to visit the "pro-America" areas of the country -- implying, implicitly, that there were some parts of the United States she viewed as not pro-America.

Readers what does this say to you about America under President Palin after McCain steps down for health reasons?

I hope she keeps talking and saying stupid things like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections