Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 09:41 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,898,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Even back in the old Jim Crow days: that did not always hold true...........many states (even in the South) counted an Octaroon (sp), read that a person who was 1/8th Black as 'White'.
No argument here. Nobody I know wants to claim him as white. He is all yours. Enjoy him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2008, 09:44 AM

2,500 posts, read 2,929,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandibadji View Post
I am all for giving him to the blacks and am willing to give up all claims associating him with the white race. As a matter of fact, I am willing to give up any claims that he is an American. Now, don't say I never gave you anything.
Once he wins, and unfortunately he will, he will be in agreement with you. He just has to wait until the election is over. Then the real Obama will show up, and boy will people have regrets. Not me. I wouldn't elect him to clean my toilets. He'd probably decide that I had too much water in the tanks while some people still have to relieve themselves against a brick wall.

Old 10-18-2008, 10:09 AM

3,247 posts, read 9,051,760 times
80 % of all African Americans in the USA are mixed with either white or Indian blood. So I guess they are mulatto too. Most of Louisiana would be considered mulatoos (creoles)

Old 10-18-2008, 10:11 AM

7,041 posts, read 15,039,953 times
Again, let's stop with the labelling. Who cares? America is a country of many, many different nationalities, colours and beliefs...the question should not be what to label him...but, can he do the job??

Arguments like these are what make other countries laugh at us...

Old 10-18-2008, 11:02 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandibadji View Post
I am all for giving him to the blacks and am willing to give up all claims associating him with the white race. As a matter of fact, I am willing to give up any claims that he is an American. Now, don't say I never gave you anything.

Can America give up its claims to you? You aren't really someone who epitomizes the all-American values of fairness and tolerance............

Old 10-18-2008, 11:08 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,606,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto E View Post
CHARLOTTE .....I have to express my self.........before the elections.......! While we still have " FREEDOM OF SPEECH " BLACK & WHITE = MULATTO , SOOOOO we are not voting for the first AFRICAN-AMERICAN Person . We are voting for the first MULATTO ever to hold such high ranks !( it's the equal of having a Latino or of Oriental decent runing ). America , WAKE UP BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE !!!!!! CHANGE it's not always the right decision,some times it's better a not so good known to a ? superb ? unknown. That is what I feel . Don't be fool by sentiments because because you may be defrauded at the end.....Look at how many polititians have promised CHANGE ei. CHAVEZ , CASTRO , etc to name a few and their country have gotten what they asked for ..... CHANGE !!!!!!! So please consider your emotions ,just because a candidate is Black does not garantee that he will go over his means to help the Blacks or the MULATTOS it's the same as if the candidate was a woman, oriental or of spanish decent . at the end their hands are tied , BUT they can promise the world even if it take lies to get to power. I honestly pray to God for this elections results, it's not easy for anyone to,take over. I always say that you get what you deserve (including myself ) but I HOPE AMERICA does better than that because America deserves the best and if CHANGE makes it for the WORSE ,then the mystery of of GOD's wrath will be lived and hopefully in four years we can breath better. at the end Have no fear as our LORD tells Us. GOD bless all and especially AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d... (broken link) I attempted to make it through the first two sentences http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d... (broken link) - I need a couple Excedrin now........

Old 10-18-2008, 11:44 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Why is Obama’s race/ethnicity even an issue? Are we electing our next president on the basis of his DNA, or his qualifications to lead this nation? Has anyone delved into the racial composition of McCain, or shall we simply assume he is 100% white? This is so incredibly ridiculous!

Old 10-18-2008, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I find it quite amusing that you who are OTB (insert racial identity) seem to think you know how myself or any other black person identifies themselves or feels about how others racially identify us.

For the record, no matter what we are mixed with, if you are born in America one drop of black blood makes you black.

None of us are jumping through hoops to identitfy our race as white or mulatto and neither is Obama. No matter what society or the next racially PC identity the MSM give us next we are black, proud of who we are and frankly, that's really all that matters.

Obama is a black man born in America. Because the slave masters made the rules and took it upon themselves to catalog and identify us according to race more than a hundred years ago, the one drop rule still applies.

For all of those who are attempting to claim one half of Obama or classify him as anything other than a black man, sorry it ain't so.
It seems as if you are assuming that whites want to claim one half of Obama. I do not know anyone that wants to claim half of him one way or another. I know that many blacks at first said that Obama wasn't black enough. I don't know what that means exactly. It is one of those racist black things that whites couldn't possibly get by with. Anyway, as soon as there was a publicised match between Obama and Reverand Wright, he was considered "black enough". Sees that today, descrimination and prejudice in the black community is based on color. On the other hand, seems as if descrimination and prejudice in the white community is based on behaviors.

Old 10-18-2008, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
Once he wins, and unfortunately he will, he will be in agreement with you. He just has to wait until the election is over. Then the real Obama will show up, and boy will people have regrets. Not me. I wouldn't elect him to clean my toilets. He'd probably decide that I had too much water in the tanks while some people still have to relieve themselves against a brick wall.
He would also want to redestribute the toilet water to make all tanks have the same whether they "work" or not.

Old 10-18-2008, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Why is Obama’s race/ethnicity even an issue? Are we electing our next president on the basis of his DNA, or his qualifications to lead this nation? Has anyone delved into the racial composition of McCain, or shall we simply assume he is 100% white? This is so incredibly ridiculous!
You need to aim the question at all of the voters that have admitted that the only reason they are voting for Obama is because he is black. They are not concerned with how white McCain is because they are voting for him anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections