Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 03:26 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,289,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
Ummm...did you even read my post, or the article I linked, or did you listen to the video/radio broadcast that is embedded within the article? Any of the above?

Perhaps I gave my Moron of the Week Award to the wrong person...?
He voted for McCain/Palin... do you think he reads?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 03:27 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,289,450 times
Just look at Obama's new South Carolina flag-- it shall be A MUSLIM CALIPHATE!!!!

Old 11-11-2008, 03:32 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,183,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly blogger View Post
Have you not read the countless remarks by the Great One who said he did not like to wear the flag, you know, the American Flag, because it is a symbol that offends some people.
Hey lady, cut the crap.

Show us one credible source that quotes Obama saying he doesn't like to wear the American flag because it offends some people.

You should stay off the internet if you insist on this sort of behavior!

Old 11-11-2008, 04:37 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Default Any WABC listeners -?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewMensch View Post
Bob Grant is a local NY host who has a never-ending stream of garbage. Did he... by any chance... give a correction or apology? Hmmmm.

He would refer to then-Governor Cuomo as the "svachiem." I am sorry I spelled it wrong, but apparently it is a rather unflattering Italian term like a piece of garbage or worse.

He would also call Mayor Dinkins "The Men's Room Attendant at the 21 Club," after seeing a picture of the Mayor in a white dinner jacket.

According to his Wikipedia entry: "Grant's long stay at WABC ended when he was fired for a remark about the April 3, 1996 airplane crash involving Commerce Secretary Ron Brown. Grant remarked to caller Carl Limbacher, "My hunch is [Brown] is the one survivor. I just have that hunch. Maybe it's because at heart I'm a pessimist." When Brown was found dead, Grant's comments were widely criticized, and his contract was terminated."

Nice.
I dont know if it's possible to listen online, but at 6:37 PM EST at the WABC website - "Next Up: Bob Grant"

Right now is a shrill sounding person named mark Levin.

News Talk Radio 77 WABC-AM

Yes you can listen online - Click "Listen Live."

Old 11-12-2008, 03:29 PM

474 posts, read 601,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Sure looks like the American Flag to me ...
Barack Obama Stops Wearing American Flag Lapel Pin

Thursday, October 04, 2007
  • Share:
AP

Sen. Barack Obama, without flag lapel pin

WATERLOO, Iowa — Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama says he doesn't wear an American flag lapel pin because it has become a substitute for "true patriotism" since the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.
Asked about it Wednesday in an interview with KCRG-TV in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, the Illinois senator said he stopped wearing the pin shortly after the attacks and instead hoped to show his patriotism by explaining his ideas to citizens.
"The truth is that right after 9/11 I had a pin," Obama said. "Shortly after 9/11, particularly because as we're talking about the Iraq war, that became a substitute for I think true patriotism, which is speaking out on issues that are of importance to our national security.
"I decided I won't wear that pin on my chest," he said in the interview. "Instead, I'm going to try to tell the American people what I believe will make this country great, and hopefully that will be a testament to my patriotism."
On Thursday, his campaign issued a statement: "We all revere the flag, but Senator Obama believes that being a patriot is about more than a symbol. It's about fighting oh welll,
Are his words good enough for you????? Thank God, we still have free speech in this country on this blog site.
Who was it who said, " If we ignore history, we are doomed to repeat it/"
Time will tell......

Old 11-12-2008, 03:31 PM

474 posts, read 601,480 times
And to the others who made light of my comments on Obama and his changing views about wearing the American Flag on his lapel.....
Barack Obama Stops Wearing American Flag Lapel Pin

Thursday, October 04, 2007
  • Share:
AP

Sen. Barack Obama, without flag lapel pin

WATERLOO, Iowa — Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama says he doesn't wear an American flag lapel pin because it has become a substitute for "true patriotism" since the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.
Asked about it Wednesday in an interview with KCRG-TV in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, the Illinois senator said he stopped wearing the pin shortly after the attacks and instead hoped to show his patriotism by explaining his ideas to citizens.
"The truth is that right after 9/11 I had a pin," Obama said. "Shortly after 9/11, particularly because as we're talking about the Iraq war, that became a substitute for I think true patriotism, which is speaking out on issues that are of importance to our national security.
"I decided I won't wear that pin on my chest," he said in the interview. "Instead, I'm going to try to tell the American people what I believe will make this country great, and hopefully that will be a testament to my patriotism."
On Thursday, his campaign issued a statement: "We all revere the flag, but Senator Obama believes that being a patriot is about more than a symbol. It's about fighting

Old 11-12-2008, 03:32 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
I have never burned a flag in my life, but that's one flag I would not hesitate to burn. The more we learn about this guy the more crazy he seems, there is only one flag I will honor and that's the true American flag. I can't believe people are so blind and are willing to elect this wannabe dictator.
Uh, excuse me...did you you not read the OP's post? Why would you want to burn the Ohio State Flag???

Old 11-12-2008, 03:36 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
The slimeballs in the McCain campaign have probably started another viral email by now to blame Obama for having his own flag.
Yes, Bush will probably issue another executive order before he leaves...the letter "O" will hereby be dropped from the alphabet.

Old 11-12-2008, 03:41 PM

172 posts, read 485,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fancofu View Post
His post made me lol. It's sad though. How can people be so ignorant. I mean, even if he didn't know that it's Ohio's flag he could have read your post to find out. I've lost all faith in humanity.
Ah, no need to lose faith in humanity, we selected Obama by quite a large margin!

Its just the few floating around that are brainwashed by Rush Limbaugh and the Tinfoil band that makes you want to shake your head.

Old 11-12-2008, 03:48 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
Jeez, talk about people wearing tin foil hats...what next? Obama is a martian with an evil death ray?

Talk about desparate...
Obama has a death ray?!?!?!!? Surely you jest
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections