Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 11:27 AM

117 posts, read 234,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
I must be good then because I've never heard it and I don't research campaign slogans..If you do, please tape the letter "L" on your forehead now.
What planet are you on, how is it you never heard that do you watch the debates or news alot all, and dont go to the same old libral routine and go to insults discuss the issues
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2008, 11:27 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,323,978 times
Quote:
It would have been a valid question if it was real. Most plumbers don't make $250,000 and he doesn't. The fact is, if a small business owner built their business to a point where they're earning $250+, what's wrong with them contributing more to help the next guy do the same and on and on. That's the greed that infests this country. I got mine, now you get yours as if "joe" never had help. It's called the crab effect. Once i get to the top of the bushel I'll step on your head to stay there. McBush wants to give the breaks to the crabs at the top of the bushel and hope it trickels down which it hasn't to disastrous effects.
You can bet anything more the plumber pays you'll pay 1.5 times that for his services. Tell us about the disastrous effect... Please use graphs and historical data as I'm a dummy who only like to dabble with factual information....

Old 10-18-2008, 11:28 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,863,130 times
Quote:
It would have been a valid question if it was real. Most plumbers don't make $250,000 and he doesn't. The fact is, if a small business owner built their business to a point where they're earning $250+, what's wrong with them contributing more to help the next guy do the same and on and on. That's the greed that infests this country. I got mine, now you get yours as if "joe" never had help. It's called the crab effect. Once i get to the top of the bushel I'll step on your head to stay there. McBush wants to give the breaks to the crabs at the top of the bushel and hope it trickels down which it hasn't to disastrous effects.
He was talking about being a business owner or did you miss that? As for the rest, I get it now, the demo line is You got yours now give some to me so I don't have to get it by working myownself like you did.

Old 10-18-2008, 11:28 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,458,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Tell us what change you think the ill informed senator from Illinois is going to provide for us? Remember he is not privy at the moment to "top secret" info and the info he has he has not done anything with.

Check out about the 5th paragraph down:
Joseph C. Wilson: Obama's Hollow "Judgment" and Empty Record
Wingnut Alert!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-18-2008, 11:30 AM

Quote:
You can bet anything more the plumber pays you'll pay 1.5 times that for his services.
I have no idea what this Palin like statement means. Pleas rephrase in english.

Old 10-18-2008, 11:31 AM

European Levels of Taxation: Barack Obama's Tax Plan

Note: Representatives of the Obama campaign have informed the authors that the campaign is not committed to the full 12.4 hike in the payroll tax. An increase in the payroll tax is merely one of many different tax increases that are being considered for those making over $250,000. The Obama campaign implies that the tax increase on those earning over $250,000 may not be limited to earnings but also cover different types of income. Despite questioning, the campaign has not provided any more details.

Among the more prominent elements of his tax proposal, Senator Obama would end the Bush tax cuts and allow the top two tax rates to return to 36 and 39.6 percent. He also would allow personal exemptions and deductions to be phased out for those with income over $250,000. The real kicker, though, is that Senator Obama would end the Social Security payroll tax cap for those over $250,000 in earnings. (The cap is currently set at $102,000.) These individuals will then face a tax rate of 15.65 percent from payroll taxes and the top income tax rate of 39.6 percent for a combined top rate of over 56 percent on each additional dollar earned.

Old 10-18-2008, 11:31 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,863,130 times
Quote:
Wingnut Alert!!!!!!!!!
And now we're back to attack the debater instead of the idea... Doesn't work in speech and debate and doesn't work here either...

Old 10-18-2008, 11:35 AM

High-income individuals will be forced to pay even more if they live in cities or states with high taxes such as New York City, California, or Maryland. These unlucky people would pay over two-thirds of each new dollar in earnings to the federal government.

Old 10-18-2008, 11:36 AM

Quote:
You can bet anything more the plumber pays you'll pay 1.5 times that for his services. Tell us about the disastrous effect... Please use graphs and historical data as I'm a dummy who only like to dabble with factual information....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
He was talking about being a business owner or did you miss that? As for the rest, I get it now, the demo line is You got yours now give some to me so I don't have to get it by working myownself like you did.
He's actually not a business owner..Did you miss that??

We'll just have to disagree...I guess you think Warren Buffet should pay the same taxes as Joe. Makes no sense...

You act as if everybody who "makes it" makes it own there own without help. Obama has never uttered the word welfare.

Old 10-18-2008, 11:37 AM

543 posts, read 1,224,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Even tempered? No one really knows who B.O. really is..yet....
Have you not seen the debates? he is pretty even tempered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections