Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 01:23 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,166,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
How about some links for this one.
You've been asked more than once now.

I wans't asked before now, but here is one and if you want more I can do that also:

FactCheck.org: Obama and 'Infanticide'

Here is another:

http://www.catholic.org/politics/story.php?id=29138
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2008, 01:33 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Moving, I want full support for a woman's right to choose, no limitations.
No presidential candidate will ever give me what I want.
Hence, my concerns.
I want "Plan B" available as over the counter; I want abortion on-demand; I want sex-education as a compulsory class in the schools, etc.
What I want is impossible to deliver.
___
Religious links don't count as anything but to further their agenda.
The factcheck link doesn't support your statement and quotes the right to life (until birth) people.

Old 10-19-2008, 01:52 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,276,662 times
Quote:
Hence, my concerns.
I want "Plan B" available as over the counter; I want abortion on-demand; I want sex-education as a compulsory class in the schools, etc.
___
The factcheck link doesn't support your statement and quotes the right to life (until birth) people.
Well, I respectfully disagree. I don't think that a woman should have the right to choose an abortion after the first trimester, except in instances of the mother's life being at stake. I believe wholly in that limitation. I think that the rhetoricizing of abortion as merely "a woman's right to choose" is disingenuous. There are profound philosophical and ethical questions bound up in the act of abortion. I think that the conventional feminist focus on "right to choose" has been politically necessary, but now that women do have the legal right to an abortion in the first trimester, I believe it is high time we begin to discuss the ethical and psychological implications involved in that choice. I think that the extension of that right with "no limitations" would be unethical and inhumane.

Old 10-19-2008, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Hence, my concerns.
___

You need to up your reading comprehension. Both support exactly what I said. You obviously didn't read the entire factcheck article. He voted against the bill to offer life support to a baby in a botched abortion.

Old 10-19-2008, 02:06 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,276,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
You need to up your reading comprehension. Both support exactly what I said. You obviously didn't read the entire factcheck article. He voted against the bill to offer life support to a baby in a botched abortion.
A baby in the first trimester of life would not survive on life support. It's against the law to abort a child in subsequent trimesters, except if the mother's life is threatened. I find it difficult to believe that you think Obama is such a monster that he would actually vote to deprive a late-term baby with a chance at life viable life support. That's simply not true. You've misread the article.

Old 10-19-2008, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
A baby in the first trimester of life would not survive on life support. It's against the law to abort a child in subsequent trimesters, except if the mother's life is threatened. I find it difficult to believe that you think Obama is such a monster that he would actually vote to deprive a late-term baby with a chance at life viable life support. That's simply not true. You've misread the article.

You actually believe abortions only occur in the first trimester? Obama has admitted to voting against the law himself, and I did not misread the article. He had some lame excuse about it not protecting the rights of the mother to choose. There have been instances where babies were allowed to die when they could have been saved which brought this about in the first place. If the abortions were first trimester only, it wouldn't have been an issue. This is the problem with abortion law, it is not followed in all cases.

Old 10-19-2008, 02:55 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
Do the research on the people I named. Some of them have come out on TV and stated these views.

do you read news articles at all?

this is pretty obvious

Joe blow's Blog = CRAP...end of story!

"Some of them have come out on TV and stated these views."

Yeah, they're called washed up losers who haven't been noticed lately so they'll say anything controversial so they can be on TV again.

As far as "some of them", why not all of them?

It's called proof.

Old 10-19-2008, 02:57 AM

3,085 posts, read 7,248,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Joe blow's Blog = CRAP...end of story!

"Some of them have come out on TV and stated these views."

Yeah, they're called washed up losers who haven't been noticed lately so they'll say anything controversial so they can be on TV again.

As far as "some of them", why not all of them?

It's called proof.

Oh, I get it. You just want to argue.

Thanks, but no thanks.

Old 10-19-2008, 02:59 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Quotes are quotes, pal.
This is someone unsubstantiated wishful thinking and nothing else.

Old 10-19-2008, 03:50 AM

5,152 posts, read 8,526,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Wow. You don't follow politics much, do you?
Like you knew who even 1/2 of those Democrats suppporting McCain were yourself?
If that's true, I'll show you a Muslim praying to Mecca in Vatican City.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections