Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 09:05 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times

Advertisements

I thought it was commendable that SNL did NOT suck up, did NOT lighten up Tina Fey's script, shot the moose, had gunfire at the end of the rap song.

Good for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2008, 09:06 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWS View Post
Sarah likes rap??
This can't go down well with her base.
This is scary stuff.
Wasilla is the meth capital of the U.S.
She is no stranger to Rap. I get the feeling that her kids do not listen to Brahms.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 10-19-2008 at 09:44 AM..

Old 10-19-2008, 09:07 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
OMG that was hilarious!

Props to Palin for showing up for that. I guess once you know you are going down you might as well have fun.

Old 10-19-2008, 09:11 AM

423 posts, read 1,532,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
OMG that was hilarious!

Props to Palin for showing up for that. I guess once you know you are going down you might as well have fun.
I hope your wrong but I think your right
Get ready for 4 years of blackly taking revenge on whitey

Old 10-19-2008, 09:33 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwing View Post
I hope your wrong but I think your right
Get ready for 4 years of blackly taking revenge on whitey
Please dont make the Obama Presidency a racial issue. Its as shallow and racist an observation that one can make.

You can rise above such nonsense if you try. Anyone can.
Good luck.

Old 10-19-2008, 09:37 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,477,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Poor insane left. See, most people will watch the whole tape, which was hilarious. They must be even more enraged than first thought.

She can dance too.
She sucked..What did she actually do?? Nothing..Terrible.

Old 10-19-2008, 09:58 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
She sucked..What did she actually do?? Nothing..Terrible.
What did you expect her to do? Roll on the floor gutting the moose? She's a VP candidate, some things need to be kept in perspective.

The insane Left thinks she actually was refusing to do that rap skit, instead the reality - the skit was really written that way.

She was funny. I didn't notice before, but she winked at Fey as they crossed paths. Her dig at 30 Rock and Baldwin was funny as well.

And her rocking to the music was also cute.

Old 10-19-2008, 10:05 AM

6,578 posts, read 25,463,955 times
I did not think it was funny at all. Palin seemed a bit peeved to me and afraid to be herself. I thought it was interesting that her time on camera with Tina Fey was just seconds. Maybe Palin was irritated by what Tina Fey said on Letterman the night before? That Palin seemed as smart as she was and that wasn't smart enough. When Hillary Clinton was on she and Amy talked to each other. Palin and Tina should have been on camera together more.

It could have been so much more funny on Palin's part. Tina and Amy were very funny though.

Old 10-19-2008, 10:06 AM

3,517 posts, read 13,260,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
What did you expect her to do? Roll on the floor gutting the moose? She's a VP candidate, some things need to be kept in perspective.

The insane Left thinks she actually was refusing to do that rap skit, instead the reality - the skit was really written that way.

She was funny. I didn't notice before, but she winked at Fey as they crossed paths. Her dig at 30 Rock and Baldwin was funny as well.

And her rocking to the music was also cute.
I agree with you almost never, but I agree with this. It was a comedy show. They made fun of her and of themselves. She did fine and was a good sport.

Old 10-19-2008, 10:20 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,999,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
Her appearing on the show also proves just how good of a sport she is. Had SNL been making fun of Nobama no way would he have appeared on the show, in fact he probably would have found a way to have SNL taken off the air.

I detest palin and thought the exact same thing as you. she is a good sport about this, but then again, she has nothing to do but gain since she will obviously LOSE the election. I also think that if biden did this that the right wing crazies would scold him for appearing to be "un-vice presidential". btw, the girl's got good rhythm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections