Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 11:21 AM

22 posts, read 25,625 times

Advertisements

Actually... that was the name he was dubbed in school... - Barry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2008, 11:22 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,206,712 times
Amazing coming from a man that helped take us to war.
I remember very well Colin Powell on TV saying we were going to be attacked if we did not do something.
You might be impressed with Colin Powell, but I sure am not.

Old 10-19-2008, 11:23 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,206,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
^^^All politicians have issues like that on their records. It doesn't mean he's not qualified to pass judegement on Sarah Paliln. He's also a Repubican. Sarah is a ditz.

he is also black, ouch!

Old 10-19-2008, 11:28 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,124,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy and Educated View Post
LOL - "typical white people". You are just as nutty as the McCain "crazy old lady" Supporter in the rally a few weeks ago.

And answer the comment left by another member - Powell was lied to by the Bush administration, hence his resignation.

Palin is a bad choice, period. I believe that John snickered at Barack when he past over Hiliary, saying to himself, "Damn fool, you should have taken the woman". Now, I bet he is throwing himself over the top of a highchair wishing he had made a better choice. The direction of his campaign since Palin has taken a downward spiral. He should picked Mitt Romney, then (I would admit) he probably would have pounced all over Barack. What Palin should have done was NOTICED the problems she was causing the campaign and gracefully bowed out.. - but that wouldn't have been... umm what's that word... O... MAVERICK!
I was leaning towards McCain till he picked Palin.

Old 10-19-2008, 11:28 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,711,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgfurman View Post
I don't think Obama, who has only been a freshman senator, is any more qualified to be the president than Palin. And last I checked, Palin wasn't running for presidency. When was the last time that a VP became president during their term as VP?

By the time Palin has been a VP for a yr or so, she will have enough experience to be president, which is more than Obama has now, and everyone seems to want him in office. Scary.
1973 when Nixon resigned. Reagan almost died during his assassination attempt. Anything can happen. You can't have a ditz as VP. Or her husband, who seems to be the brains behind the operation in Alaska.

Obama has had at least as long a political career as Sarah.

Old 10-19-2008, 11:30 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,711,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I was leaning towards McCain till he picked Palin.
Me too, ditto my daughter.

Old 10-19-2008, 11:35 AM

3,463 posts, read 7,304,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
Powell Says Palin not Ready to be President Ouch!. That's got to hurt.
Are you kidding me! Palin has far more experience that Obama does!

I had no idea we had so many stupid people in the U.S.

Old 10-19-2008, 11:36 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,439,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooter View Post
I agree. Sarah Palin is not ready to be President.

Old 10-19-2008, 11:38 AM

5,554 posts, read 6,738,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
Amazing coming from a man that helped take us to war.
I remember very well Colin Powell on TV saying we were going to be attacked if we did not do something.
You might be impressed with Colin Powell, but I sure am not.

Errr, Colin Powell advised Bush NOT to go to Iraq because of his expertise in what wars to fight and which to not fight. Bush preferred to listen to Cheney and George Tennant. This is one, if not the main, reason(s) that Powell stepped down from the Bush administration.

Old 10-19-2008, 11:39 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,659,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooter View Post
Are you kidding me! Palin has far more experience that Obama does!

http://91.121.132.199/gifs/8330.gif (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections