Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 07:30 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,606,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
So nothing, Huh?
You don't know how to do a search? Ok, I'll help you.

Here is information from his days in the US senate. And then you see if you can find the Illinois Senate accomplishments yourself. I know you can do it.

Sen. Barack Obama [D-IL] - Sponsored Bills - GovTrack.us

Barack Obama sits on the following committees:

Member, Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
Chairman, Subcommittee on European Affairs
Member, Subcommittee on African Affairs
Member, Subcommittee on East Asian and Pacific Affairs
Member, Subcommittee on International Development and Foreign Assistance, Economic Affairs and International Environmental Protection
Member, Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
Member, Subcommittee on Children and Families
Member, Subcommittee on Employment and Workplace Safety
Member, Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
Member, Subcommittee on Ad Hoc Subcommittee on State, Local, and Private Sector Preparedness and Integration
Member, Subcommittee on Investigations
Member, Subcommittee on Federal Financial Management, Government Information, Federal Services, and International Security
Member, Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2008, 07:34 PM

2,501 posts, read 7,764,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
You don't know how to do a search? Ok, I'll help you.

Here is information from his days in the US senate. And then you see if you can find the Illinois Senate accomplishments yourself. I know you can do it.

Sen. Barack Obama [D-IL] - Sponsored Bills - GovTrack.us

Barack Obama sits on the following committees:

Member, Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
Chairman, Subcommittee on European Affairs
Member, Subcommittee on African Affairs
Member, Subcommittee on East Asian and Pacific Affairs
Member, Subcommittee on International Development and Foreign Assistance, Economic Affairs and International Environmental Protection
Member, Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
Member, Subcommittee on Children and Families
Member, Subcommittee on Employment and Workplace Safety
Member, Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
Member, Subcommittee on Ad Hoc Subcommittee on State, Local, and Private Sector Preparedness and Integration
Member, Subcommittee on Investigations
Member, Subcommittee on Federal Financial Management, Government Information, Federal Services, and International Security
Member, Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs
"Present" on all counts!

Old 10-19-2008, 07:42 PM

4,697 posts, read 6,448,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
Believe it or not, Bush will come down in History books as a GOOD president that has accomplished a LOT.
Well, you got part of that right ... Bush did indeed accomplish a lot.

Old 10-19-2008, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBeaches View Post
"Present" on all counts!
And Palin has sponsored how much federal legislation?

Here is the state record, as I'm afraid some of you might not be up to a little Internet research:
Democratic Underground - You are welcome! - Democratic Underground

You can find the visual at other links as well if you'd like to confirm, though that would necessitate an Internet search.

And keep in the mind that the population of the area that Obama represented was equal to the population of Alaska. :-)

Old 10-19-2008, 07:45 PM

4,697 posts, read 6,448,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
And Palin has sponsored how much federal legislation?
Well, sure, you can say that, but just remember, she also knows how to get earmarks!

Old 10-19-2008, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
Well, sure, you can say that, but just remember, she also knows how to get earmarks!
Oh, you are right. I'll give her her props on that!

Old 10-19-2008, 07:50 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
"And then she learned that earmarks are bad. I know lots of people that are converts. And then when she became governor, she said, 'No more for my state.' She said, 'We don't want the Bridge to Nowhere.'

"She, of course, understood, over time, how terrible and pernicious these earmarks are and how great an evil they are, and I'm glad she took the position that she did, against the old bulls in her own party."

You know, when you start to feel sorry for McCain just remember he can spin right along with the young folks without batting an eye.

Old 10-19-2008, 07:56 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,249,829 times
I just cant vote for a ticket that has someone with a "Hey, what can you do?" attitude

she's just going with the flow

theres no passion in her belly

whereas with Obama and Biden I've noticed a real sense of passion and leadership

nothing about Palin tells me she's ready to lead

and about 2-3 months ago, I thought McCain ran a respectable campaign

the McCain of 2000 seemed alright, but I just dont know this McCain

Old 10-19-2008, 07:56 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Yet, he has had the highest approval rating in the history of America with more thrown on his plate than any other POTUS has ever had. Not one has been through as many different major issues as he has.

Believe it or not, he didn't cause Katrina....
But his response sucked!

Quote:
Her children have achieved at the highest levels of American education and they are role models for our son's and daughter's.
What? The oldest one did not attend college, he joined the military. The second one is pregnant at age 17. While I know you can't control everything your kids do, I don't think she is a role mode. The next two have done nothing special that I know of, and the youngest is a baby with Down Syndrome. I don't fault him or Sarah for that.
Quote:
I personally don't think that anyone can accomplish the things she has without being extremely brilliant.
PTA president? I've known several, wouldn't call any of them brilliant. Wasilla city council woman? Ditto. Mayor of Wasilla? Ditto. Governor of Alaska? That is more of an accomplishment than the others, but it seems like her husband is the de facto governor.

Old 10-19-2008, 08:04 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,278,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
OK, I keep hearing the same thing from the Obama Folks that Palin is unqualified to be president because she lacks experience and knowledge. I personally don't think that anyone can accomplish the things she has without being extremely brilliant. I'm going to provide a link that accounts for some of her accomplishments. I would like the Obama supporters, if they're able, to provide a list of Obama's accomplishments that is at least equal to those of Palin's.

http://gov.state.ak.us/bio.html
Palin has "accomplished" nothing more than being mayor of a town that has approximately 1500 people more than my high school had. And running a state with fewer people than the Boston metropolitan area. Which means basically that she has the equivalent "experience" of a high school principal and a mayor of a large city. And she managed to bring debt to that town, and exercise an abuse of power in her role as governor.

The woman can't put a sentence together, and took several years and several schools to patch together an undergraduate degree. In Journalism. Not exactly top-notch material for running the most powerful nation in the world with a broken economy. She's a joke.

And I beg your pardon, but Sarah Palin is precisely the opposite of "extremely brilliant." And what does "extremely brilliant" mean, anyway? Is it the opposite of "merely brilliant"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections