Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 12:26 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,827,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
SDI, BMDO and MDA.

The fruit from those have ranged from decreasing the half life of nuclear material to rail guns and GPS system...

We did this already.
I live in abbreviation land, please tell me full names.

And you cannot decrease the half-life of nuclear material.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
"So instead of realizing that we have serious problems we should pretend that they don't exist and make the safe choice?"

Gobledegoop!
Isn't that what you said?

Please explain what your previous post meant then if I mis-interpreted it.

Old 10-20-2008, 12:39 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,447,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
I live in abbreviation land, please tell me full names.

And you cannot decrease the half-life of nuclear material.
Strategic Defense Infinitive, Ballistic Missile Defense Organization and Missile Defense Agency....all one in the same. A 20 year non functional wasteful program.

Accelerator driven transmutation technology.

Low-power Atmospheric Compensation Experiment

If we go by the it's to expensive theory we would still be watching lightning creating this mysterious hot bright crazy source that leaves things in it's path burnt.

Old 10-20-2008, 12:43 AM

alright none of those were developed by scientists/engineers? I've had this conversation with you before BigJon and you ignored my facts and rebutted with youtube videos on Tesla. You never disputed my scientific/engineering arguements. I welcome that debate. I provided several reasons why these ideas would never work, you gave me nothing to say they would.

So again I ask what "scientific advances have been brought forth from unrealistic ideas. The experts gawk......the people embrace." does this statement mean?

Are the people developing working missile defense systems independent of engineers now?

Old 10-20-2008, 12:55 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,447,879 times
Of course they require engineers.

Experts gawked at star wars. Here we are 20 years later with the program embraces by several presidents.

I sent you a Tesla video so you would know the idea was not some fallacy made up garbage by some dolts with half a brain. Tesla saw and knew exactly what the his discoveries would lead to even to the point of knowing we would eventually enter into an energy crisis.

You say they won't work.

Edward Teller disagreed with your POV.

Old 10-20-2008, 01:21 AM

1,286 posts, read 2,915,647 times
i have been developing a device for several years with the intent of eliminating the use dependencies of anything other than light. the use of solar power is simply our "ignition" to start the process.

my partner and i use our own money and time. we have several patents, he also has about 35 patents that are used everyday almost all on an industrial level globally. and 1 that we have is used by consumers all year long. it compliments my robotics's experience. my partner has a chemical and mechanical engineering background. we are semi-retired. but that's neither here or there.

we can have a pissing contest all day. i just understand why you are so quick to think you're above everyone else.

you still haven't said what the article is regarding in pop sci...

Old 10-20-2008, 01:24 AM

Presidents aren't engineers. Wanting something to be accomplished for political reasons will not overcome physical barriers.

The Missile Defense Space Test Bed | Union of Concerned Scientists
Twenty-five years after Reagan's Star Wars speech | Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists

The "star wars" program tried to "buy" thousands of scientists in the reagan years and failed.

How can you not argue costs when you are talking about spending up to a Trillion dollars with no guarantee of success? If that kind of money was spent on alternative fuels and you still paid four dollars/gallon at the pump would you not be upset? Are we under an imminent nuclear threat that would require such spending? If so should we be building nuclear power plants that are protected by minimum wage security guards?

and finally an editorial on Teller"
Cookie Absent

It isn't 1985.

Old 10-20-2008, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokerdave View Post
i have been developing a device for several years with the intent of eliminating the use dependencies of anything other than light. the use of solar power is simply our "ignition" to start the process.

my partner and i use our own money and time. we have several patents, he also has about 35 patents that are used everyday almost all on an industrial level globally. and 1 that we have is used by consumers all year long. it compliments my robotics's experience. my partner has a chemical and mechanical engineering background. we are semi-retired. but that's neither here or there.

we can have a pissing contest all day. i just understand why you are so quick to think you're above everyone else.

you still haven't said what the article is regarding in pop sci...
Yeah. I started the pissing contest. You want to talk science policy I started a new thread. Please bring the discussion over there. We can talk about the changes in patent laws there as well if you like.

But since you feel the need to try to slam me and justify yourself:

What does your "device" run on after it is "ignited?" What power draw are you relying on for the "solar ignition" and how are you transmitting the power? What is your loss (efficiency)?

I am not about to give out my name on this forum that is filled with nutjobs, especially since I share accomplishments with people who I may not represent politically. I have seen people attack innocents from this website already and will not allow my colleagues to become victims of the same.

Old 10-20-2008, 04:44 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,205,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findingmesomeday View Post
Wow, so you are a mind-reader in your day job?

I said I was leaning. I did not say I was voting. I was leaning towards refinacing my house too, until the bailout and the stock market went wiggy and then I decided not to do so. Are you going to say I was lying because I was planning to refinance all along?

Have you not been here long enough to know how Obama folks act??
like thugs, in their minds there is no choice, only Obama.
If you dare think for yourself you are labeled a racist.
The most narrrow minded folks around are Obama's minions.
They forget we live in a free society, for now at least.
I hope you do vote for Mccain, but if you do not, it is your vote to cast.
Stand your ground and do what you feel is right.
I think that a guy like "joe the plummer" just asked a question of Obama and got smeared by Obama,Biden, and the liberal media.
What would happen if Obama was president and he has some real power and someone disagreed with him??
Good grief!!

Old 10-20-2008, 04:51 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,205,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dog View Post
Soon after McCain hit the ground in Hanoi, the code went out the window. "I'll give you military information if you will take me to the hospital," he later admitted pleading with his captors. McCain now insists the offer was a bluff, designed to fool the enemy into giving him medical treatment. In fact, his wounds were attended to only after the North Vietnamese discovered that his father was a Navy admiral. What has never been disclosed is the manner in which they found out: McCain told them. According to Dramesi, one of the few POWs who remained silent under years of torture, McCain tried to justify his behavior while they were still prisoners. "I had to tell them," he insisted to Dramesi, "or I would have died in bed."

please go have your body broken into bits and then have several people beat the crap out of you, then let's see how big and bad you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections