Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2008, 08:44 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,235,253 times

Advertisements

Palin appears to be distancing herself from McCain's campaign. She realizes she's on the losing team and perhaps setting herself up for a run in 2012. Norm Coleman and Susan Collins, both moderate repub senators up for election, have also condemned the calls
Clip:
In a candid interview with the reporters travelling on her plane, Palin said voters "get a bit irritated with just being inundated" by her campaign's "robocalls" linking Obama to the 1960s radical William Ayers.
"If I called all the shots, and if I could wave a magic wand," Palin told CNN, "I would be sitting at a kitchen table with more and more Americans, talking to them about our plan to get the economy back on track and winning the war, and not having to rely on the old conventional ways of campaigning that includes those robocalls".
Robocalls point to Republican rift, say Democrats | World news | guardian.co.uk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 08:46 AM

2,488 posts, read 2,919,335 times
God, that lady will never be able to run for president herself. Trust me. Her votes would only be on the very far right, and no independent would go for her.

Old 10-20-2008, 08:53 AM

37,760 posts, read 40,861,775 times
I turn off my land line for incoming calls. All you have to do is shut off the ringer on your land line phone. The "caller" thinks the phone is ringing because they don't get a busy signal but you hear nothing. As a result, I have received zero political calls this year even though I'm sure they're calling. I was targeting telemarketers but politicians were an added bonus. My friends and relatives have my cell number. I've done this for about 6 years.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I turn off my land line for incoming calls. All you have to do is shut off the ringer on your land line phone. The "caller" thinks the phone is ringing because they don't get a busy signal but you hear nothing. As a result, I have received zero political calls this year even though I'm sure they're calling. I was targeting telemarketers but politicians were an added bonus. My friends and relatives have my cell number. I've done this for about 6 years.
We do exactly the same except we changed our land line over to a cell, but still turn it off. Even though you've registered with the feds for "no calls" we still get them. It worked fine when the State of Oregon initiated "no calls" for $3.00/yr.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
God, that lady will never be able to run for president herself. Trust me. Her votes would only be on the very far right, and no independent would go for her.
I agree, but I think Palin has a high opinion of herself and would still try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections