Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which candidate would have had a better shot at beating Obama
Mike Hukabee 9 21.95%
Mitt Romney 24 58.54%
I still think McCain is the best choice to beat Obama 8 19.51%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 11:21 AM

1,768 posts, read 3,413,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
That is a good one. Supporting the ideals of the Constitution is "contrary to popular American ideals?" I dont think its possible to be more wrong if you tried.

You must have Democrat tendencies to be taking ONLY the part of the statement I made to suit your argument. Of course I appreciate the tenacity with which he advances his position with regard to the Constitution, but so much of what's going on in politics today is outside that realm. That's why I worded my earlier response as I did.

The real danger, though, is Barack HUSSEIN Obama. This man, in search of his own gratification, wealth and power, is willing to tell bald faced lies to the people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 11:23 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
You must have Democrat tendencies to be taking ONLY the part of the statement I made to suit your argument. Of course I appreciate the tenacity with which he advances his position with regard to the Constitution, but so much of what's going on in politics today is outside that realm. That's why I worded my earlier response as I did.

The real danger, though, is Barack HUSSEIN Obama. This man, in search of his own gratification, wealth and power, is willing to tell bald faced lies to the people.
I refuse to believe that I can have an honest rational conversation with someone who thinks that Obama's middle name has anything to do with anything. I absolutely would hate to see him elected but the ignorance of watching people type his name in big capital letters as if they are proving a point or showing some inside knowledge is painful and embarrassing to watch.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:29 AM

4,301 posts, read 7,033,943 times
Huckabee. He was a true Republican, as he was pro-state's rights, anti-big government, etc. I do not discriminate because of religion, so that was no big deal to me. He had a lot of good ideas and stances that were not as radical as Obama, but at the same time not as boring as McCain. Not to mention the fact that Huckabee is quite the comedian with a lot of people skills.

On the flip side, the fact that he was a good person automatically disqualifies him as a candidate. He does not deserve the torment or the insults that comes along with running.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:50 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,582,142 times
Mitt Romney would have resorted to negative campaigning alot quicker.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:52 AM

4,003 posts, read 10,841,368 times
Fred Thompson.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:52 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,582,142 times
As a democrat and Obama supporter, I would have been afraid of Mike Huckabee because he would have strongly rallied up the evangelical base and between all of the GOP candidates, Mike Huckabee is the most likable and he is a populous. He seemed like the GOP's version of Bill Clinton. Because of his charisma there would have been no need for Sarah Palin or someone like her to create the enthusiasm for the ticket. Believe it or not, likability accounts for about 60% to 70% of a reason some one supports a candidate. You have to like the person before you can support his or her agenda.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:19 AM

37 posts, read 72,738 times
There is no other better candidate for this position than McCain. And I would vote for him any day.

Old 10-23-2008, 01:09 AM

1,482 posts, read 5,174,271 times
I'd like to vote in the poll but somebody left Ron Paul off the list. Did the mass media create this poll by any chance?

Old 10-23-2008, 01:15 AM

2,258 posts, read 3,494,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
The real danger, though, is Barack HUSSEIN Obama.
I'm sorry but we can't take you seriously when you write Hussein in all-caps like that.

Get educated, widen your worldview, stop being xenophobic, and then get back to us.

Old 10-23-2008, 01:37 AM

2,057 posts, read 3,413,412 times
I think McCain's made some bad decisions, but I don't regret him as the candidate. I think he was the right man for the moment... but a little too concerned about principle in the face of politics... and expecting that the American people are smarter than they are.

I think he's surrounded by advisers that should still be on the second string and not playing in the big game.

No matter what happens, he made a couple great moves. Palin was great... but then they mishandled her. Heading back to D.C. for the bail-out was great... but then he failed to use it as a weapon. Wright was a God-send... but McCain chose to ignore him. Ayers was a great opportunity... but they pushed it too long. Earmarks fighting could have gained momentum... but he failed to educate voters on why they should care.

I wish McCain would have gone to Rove on bended knee begging for help... but I guess he doesn't want it that bad. I wish he would have called Morris...

We'll see next month...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections