U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 10:48 AM

3,758 posts, read 7,670,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
I think it's safe to say there will be an international crisis within the first 6 months to test whomever is POTUS. I'm glad Obama is planning ahead for it. John McCain doesn't seem to know crises are happening until after everyone else does.
And Sarah Palin will read about it the next day in the newspaper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 10:49 AM

7,629 posts, read 14,384,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
That's a distortion of Biden's speech. He didn't say "IF Obama is elected, then there will be an international crisis". The way you frame it, you are implying that Obama will cause the crisis to happen. If A, then B. Are you also saying IF McCain gets elected, there won't be an international crisis? You've got to be kidding. Biden's point is that there will be a crisis just as night follows day, and Obama will be tested in the crisis, just as any other president will be.
Here are his EXACT words:

Mark my words," the Democratic vice presidential nominee warned at the second of his two Seattle fundraisers Sunday. "It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking

Old 10-20-2008, 10:49 AM

15,400 posts, read 25,830,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokerdave View Post
that's biden alright! he is always putting his foot in his mouth.
Why is that putting his foot in his mouth? It's true, we're in for a rough ride no matter who becomes POTUS. The next four years will have a number of crises and a big one is liable to happen soon. Everybody knows it's true, so frankly I'm glad to hear a little straight talk from a politician.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:55 AM

4,182 posts, read 5,801,347 times
Quote:

Mark my words," the Democratic vice presidential nominee warned at the second of his two Seattle fundraisers Sunday. "It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking
So where does Biden say that "IF Obama is elected, then there will be an international crisis?". That's what you claimed he said, but the actual quote you provided refutes you. Just as I explained, Biden said that Obama will be just like other presidents (eg John Kennedy) who will be tested in crisis within the first 6 months. Please stop distorting the words of other people, especially when those words are easily verifiable on the internet.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:05 AM

1,846 posts, read 2,741,347 times
[quote=Awesomo.2000;5770562]Yeah, it was pretty stupid that Joe is saying, "If Obama wins there is going to be a international conflict".

But just imagine if McCain was hospitalized or died, and we had Palin in charge if a international conflict happend. I would be running for the hills.[/quote]
lol! I have been watching Bill Maher lately and his best counrtries to live in....And I am looking at my options if McCain gets elected.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:07 AM

552 posts, read 982,731 times
Biden did not say an international crisis would occur if Obama was elected. Biden said that there's an impending international crisis which will happen probably six months into the next presidency.

Reading comprehension: learn it.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:08 AM

9,334 posts, read 19,468,586 times
I guess the original intent of this thread has taken a turn to reason.
Biden vs. Palin running the country

Old 10-20-2008, 11:12 AM

58,188 posts, read 41,009,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post

Damn him! How DARE he see warning signs and pay attention? How DARE he want to be prepared for trouble?

Old 10-20-2008, 11:17 AM

5,151 posts, read 7,223,201 times
First of all, Joe Biden said "international crisis" not "international conflict". There is a difference. Secondly, Joe Biden is incredibly honest. The bush administration has led the country into one conflict/crisis after another. Obama is going to have to make tough decisions, and I don't mean telling the country to "go shopping" like bush did after 9/11 or giving tax breaks when the country's at war. Obama is going to call for sacrifice on the part of the American people and his poll numbers may go down. Joe's just telling the truth.

Last edited by mbmouse; 10-20-2008 at 07:29 PM..

Old 10-20-2008, 11:40 AM

1,544 posts, read 1,857,530 times
Is OBAMA already planning LACK of action for the first 6 months in office??????

Is he going on a vacation for the first 6 months or something?????

Or is he going to continue to YACK for the first six months of office and DO NOTHING??????

I think Biden wants a vacation for the first 6 months.

Every employee is tested during the first 3-6 months or even the first year on the job to see if they can to the job that they promised to do and claimed they are qualified to do.
It is called the PROBATIONARY PERIOD!!!!!

Why is Biden seeking help for this PROBATIONARY PERIOD? This happens to every working American who is newly hired!!!!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or