U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 11:15 AM

0 posts, read 1,342,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
northern VA is not really virginia. ask anyone whose lived there. why the hell do you think it's called NOVA. to separate itself from the rest of VA.

North Virginia is the good part of VA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 11:17 AM

8,575 posts, read 6,324,202 times
when you are telling someone from outside the area, do you tell them you are from virginia? or do you tell them you are from northern VA, or the DC area. feel free to lie, because we know the real answer. I am from NOVA, and EVERYONE there separated themselves from the rest of the state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnestorr View Post
This is some truly bogus claim. How is NoVa different from the Hampton Roads? Are you suggesting that the Hampton roads is the real VA? What about Central VA? Is this not part of VA too? Lets not fool each other, we all know that NoVa is just a terminology.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:18 AM

1,773 posts, read 2,545,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYULIB View Post
Just as it is with the Hampton Roads....good but not so safe part of VA.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:20 AM

yes, the gigantic sprawling subdivision that is NOVA is certainly nicer than monticello or colonial williamsburg. thank you for your valued and accurate input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYULIB View Post

Old 10-20-2008, 11:23 AM

3,088 posts, read 4,663,041 times
My brother and sister in law live in the heart of Appalachia. . . they are voting for Obama. Also, they are small business owners, also, they are smart as heck, work as hard as anybody, are generous, kind, thoughtful and. . . . did I mention smart?

Old 10-20-2008, 11:26 AM

15,400 posts, read 25,763,574 times
I wonder if this is the kind of denial cr*p we'll be hearing from the republicans for the next 8 years. "President Obama? Oh, he isn't a real president. Who cares if he has power? Who cares if he is really in office, who cares if he's really doing the job."

I hope you join the real world soon. Because living in reality is what's important.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:30 AM

15,400 posts, read 25,763,574 times
Quote:
there is a single dominant city, washington DC.
If that was the case, we would be called "DC suburbs." We've earned a distinct name because we are our own entity.

You can believe what you wish. After all, Sarah Palin thinks New Hampshire is called "the great northwest." John McCain thinks the Czech Republic is called "Czechoslavakia." But that doesn't make any of you right.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:32 AM

you might want to ask a republican about that. I am an independent and have never voted for a republican in my life. however, haven't liberals been living in denial because of the 2000 election? 8 years of denial can quickly become delusion. I hope you join the real world soon too. maybe then you will stop claiming to be part of an area you live 50 miles aways from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
I wonder if this is the kind of denial cr*p we'll be hearing from the republicans for the next 8 years. "President Obama? Oh, he isn't a real president. Who cares if he has power? Who cares if he is really in office, who cares if he's really doing the job."

I hope you join the real world soon. Because living in reality is what's important.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:32 AM

1,773 posts, read 2,545,039 times
Quote:
when you are telling someone from outside the area, do you tell them you are from virginia? or do you tell them you are from northern VA, or the DC area. feel free to lie, because we know the real answer. I am from NOVA, and EVERYONE there separated themselves from the rest of the state.
Of course someone from Norfolk or Suffolk VA will also tell you that they are from Hampton Roads or simply the Hamptons b/c that's what that part of the state is refered to as. Central VA doesn't have that much of a case b/c the only big and famous city in that part of the state is Charlottesville. That is not the case with NoVa or the Hamptons.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:34 AM

any of who? what in the hell are you talking about? is it beer thirty already?

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
If that was the case, we would be called "DC suburbs." We've earned a distinct name because we are our own entity.

You can believe what you wish. After all, Sarah Palin thinks New Hampshire is called "the great northwest." John McCain thinks the Czech Republic is called "Czechoslavakia." But that doesn't make any of you right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or