Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 12:00 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,850,694 times

Advertisements

I know! you are so right.

VA=thomas jefferson, george washington, patrick henry, james madison, george mason, and I could go on, but I am sure this list has annoyed you enough. seems to me that the only power you have was given to you by the intellect of virginians. why do you think we have virginians on both the $1 and $2 dollar bills?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYULIB View Post
Good, and Northeasterners are making it even more important (since we all know the Northeast= intellect and power)

Havrard, Princeton, Yale, Columbia, Dartmouth, Cornell, Brown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 12:05 PM

it's no more famous than the other cities. don't get me wrong, charlottesville is awesome. I am a huge thomas jefferson fan, so I go there all the time. even though it has been a little infested by liberals. you would think that people who would chose to live there would be more into jefferson and his libertarian ideals. roanoke is actually a large city. lynchburg is known for that religious lunatic. so it's not famous for a good reason! richmond is the most famous of all of them. I am not all that familiar with it though, but I am going there this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnestorr View Post
Okay, Charlottesville might not be that big but it is a lot famous than Lynchburg, Roanoke or Richmond. People know Richmond as the capital of VA and it's crime spree, Lynchburg and Roanoke, are we even talking about Roanoke on Interstate 81?? Besides, being ranked as one the best places to live, Charlotesville is the home of what three/four US presidents. Add the world class UVA hospital to that, and the University itself. Not that big but certainly a lot more famous than Lynchburg, Roanoke and Richmond.....

Old 10-20-2008, 12:05 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,948,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
NOVA is fairfax county. you are 50 miles from DC.
Of course, even though you're incorrect, the good thing about your argument above is that if you don't believe I live in NOVA, then logically you must believe I live in "real" Virginia after all. And since the area I live in is voting for Obama, that means "real" Virginia is voting democratic.

Getting back to the OP, Virginians are voting for Obama whether you think we're real or not.

Old 10-20-2008, 12:08 PM

why do I even bother with someone who lives 50 miles away from NOVA. that's like consulting the red sox about matters concerning the yankees. I don't know everyone, just everything. I moved from NOVA 3 years ago, and go up every month. so producing facts has turned a state blue? interesting. I am jealous of obama. I can't believe you figured it out. I am also jealous of GWB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
And here we see a stunning example of the attitude that turned Virginia blue.

By the way, do you know "everyone"? I think what you mean is "everyone" in your small circle of friends. And since that was several years ago, could it be some of those people have changed their minds?

Or, could it be---

Are you the messiah? Is that why you're jealous of Obama? He gets called the messiah and all this time it you thought it was you. Well that could explain a few thing. Only someone who thinks he's the messiah would know everyone.

Old 10-20-2008, 12:09 PM

you live "all the way out there." don't shoot the messenger.

Quote:
Of course, even though you're incorrect, the good thing about your argument above is that if you don't believe I live in NOVA, then logically you must believe I live in "real" Virginia after all. And since the area I live in is voting for Obama, that means "real" Virginia is voting democratic.

Getting back to the OP, Virginians are voting for Obama whether you think we're real or not.

Old 10-20-2008, 12:17 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,948,929 times
Quote:
why do I even bother with someone who lives 50 miles away from NOVA.
I don't know, why do I bother with somebody who lives 50 miles from North Carolina? See, I can type things that are not true, too. But typing them doesn't make it so. I could try to claim that if you live in Wilmington, you live in South Carolina...but even if I say it over and over, it still isn't true.

Anyway, I think this thread has drifted into the neener neener zone. You're welcome to your opinion, but you don't live here, I do.

Last edited by normie; 10-20-2008 at 12:25 PM..

Old 10-20-2008, 12:24 PM

I live in wilmington, but I sure as hell don't live in the raleigh area. so happy that this libertarian leaning independent makes you think of the GOP.

Quote:
I don't know, why do I bother with somebody who lives 50 miles from North Carolina? See, I can type things that are not true, too. But typing them doesn't make it so. I could try to claim that if you live in Wilmington, you live in South Carolina...but even if I say it over and over, it still isn't true. This whole thing makes me think of the GOP. They try repeating untrue statements over and over, too. Guess what, it doesn't work--it just makes people annoyed.

Anyway, I think this thread has drifted into the neener neener zone. You're welcome to your opinion, but you don't live here, I do.

Old 10-20-2008, 12:26 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,809,087 times
Good to see my good ol VA getting all this attention on these forums. V-ay baby V-ay

Old 10-20-2008, 12:41 PM

1,348 posts, read 3,586,607 times
Charolttesville, Williamsburg, Fredericksburg....other great towns in Virginia that vote overwhelmingly blue.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:23 PM

1,025 posts, read 1,752,780 times
Quote:
there is a single dominant city, washington DC. the rest is just urban sprawl . we have been down this road before. you live in loudoun, and I don't consider that nova . you can, and that's fine. but I am more of a beltway guy. NOVA is big government will tons of out of area people. but you are right. it is really virginia. just ask your neighbor, whose from new jersey.
Loudoun County not part of NoVa? I don't know where you've been the last decade, but that is definitely not true. As for just being sprawl, have you checked out parts of Arlington or Old Town Alexandria?

Getting back on topic, the GOP really screwed this up. Va was already a leaning blue, but now they really pushed it right into Obama territory thanks to some of the not so bright comments made about NoVa being communist and not really Virginia. We'll see how not really Virginia NoVa is, when the GOP loses the state this year, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections