U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 03:07 PM

8,062 posts, read 16,182,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centaurmyst View Post
Nope...I'm dead serious. I can understand people living in a neighborhood with 700k houses supporting McCain...that's in your best interest. But the poor people who support him are bloody idiots.
Yep, do keep the stereotypes going!

But it goes to show you that the "poor people" don't believe Obama's empty promises. Calling them "idiots" probably doesn't help your cause, either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 03:07 PM

808 posts, read 1,028,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
The two Obama signs I've seen in my town were in front of an A-A church annex and what looked very much like a crackhouse downtown.

McCain signs are in front of all sorts of residences, including my well-kept manufactured home. Common sense knows no housing type. Your argument is ridiculous and, sadly, elitist.
I rent a crappy apartment and am about dirt poor, so I'm not being elitist at all. It is just what I saw today while I was driving around looking for rentals.

Old 10-20-2008, 03:08 PM

5,340 posts, read 12,593,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
As another poster mentioned, its pretty pathetic you cant have a sign in your lawn without someone trashing it. I've got mad respect for the people who put stickers on their cars. Last thing I wanna deal with is coming out to find my car vandalized or something.
2 Obama bumperstickers (Women for Obama and Catholics for Obama)

So far 2 flat tires.

I am not going to give up my right to openly support my candidate because others are jack@sses though.

Old 10-20-2008, 03:08 PM

14,403 posts, read 26,164,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
The average home price where we live is over $700K (in Texas, that's a lot) and you see predominantly McCain signs.

In the smaller/less expensive neighborhoods, you see more of the Obama signs.

So maybe it's just where you live.
Are you in Houston?

I see more Obama signs in River Oaks, Rice Village and other high-end neighborhoods. Not that I don't see McCain signs there, but at best it's 50-50 in the spots I see often.

Old 10-20-2008, 03:09 PM

808 posts, read 1,028,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainesnowflake View Post
I haven't noticed that where I live.
What part of Maine do you live in? This was in Bangor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Yep, do keep the stereotypes going!

But it goes to show you that the "poor people" don't believe Obama's empty promises. Calling them "idiots" probably doesn't help your cause, either.
Keeping false stereotypes going seems to be the favorite pass time of McCain*Palin these days...

7,730 posts, read 12,689,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
People in my neighborhood probably scratch their heads when they see the Obama/Biden sign in the yard and the diesel truck in the driveway coupled with the fact that during any given December one of more deer can be seen hanging from the Ash tree on the corner. Did I mention the #88 flag?
HeeYAW! You need to come down to NC. We've got some big bucks down this a yonder way. Shuuu-weee.

No really, NC is a hunter's paradise out here away from the cities. The people here are salt of the earth types. Did I mention that NASCAR was raised here in this state? It might have been born on the beaches of Daytona, but these boys were hauling shine, not racing for the thrill.

As for the yard signs, we get all types. I've seen Obama sides on one side of town. I also see them in front of the more expensive homes, usually the younger executive types. I've seen McCain signs in front of doublewide trailers and in front of the banker's house. I think it really depends on what he thinks they offer. And whether their parents were Republicans or Democrats.

Old 10-20-2008, 03:10 PM

1,353 posts, read 3,198,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centaurmyst View Post
I honestly don't know why on earth people who can't even afford to paint their homes or replace broken garage windows would vote against their own best interests. It's just not logical for lower income people to support someone who simply doesn't give a crap about them.

Because some people would rather starve to death before ever voting for a black.

Old 10-20-2008, 03:11 PM

8,062 posts, read 16,182,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
Oh right! And this we believe? LOL
Which part don't you believe? The two signs, the crackhouse, or my McCain sign in front of my manufactured home? I frankly don't care what you do or don't believe and I'm certainly not going anywhere near the crackhouse to take a picture for you.

I live in West Texas. Hillary THUMPED Obama here in the primary and he doesn't have much support. You can reason through it or keep denying that many parts of the country can't stand Obama.

Old 10-20-2008, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
Because some people would rather starve to death before ever voting for a black.
Oh, come now, people are not RACIST in the USA anymore....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections