U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 04:12 PM

19,126 posts, read 26,633,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Are you even old enough to drive?
Ha, yes I am. I'm just a 24 year old person who has a literary sense of humor, and reads books of all types not just from the appropriate 'age bracket'. And I didn't mean that all repubs are horrid drivers at all, but in my area it just seems that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 04:14 PM

25,740 posts, read 25,307,692 times
I live in probably one of the nerdiest, safest, most carefully mowed/landscaped suburbs on the planet complete with kids waving cheerily and politely when they pass on their bikes (when we moved here I told my husband we'd moved into A Very Brady Neighborhood). But oddly...their are practically NO signs or auto stickers anywhere around here.

I'm not sure why but I'm thinking maybe someone knows something I don't, so I don't have a yard sign either. I don't know, maybe the Stepford Vandals come in the middle of the night to very politely vandalize the yards of those who put up the wrong sign or something.

Old 10-20-2008, 04:16 PM

14,405 posts, read 26,191,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Ha, yes I am. I'm just a 24 year old person who has a literary sense of humor, and reads books of all types not just from the appropriate 'age bracket'.
You were also ~13 when the first Harry Potter book came out, but that's lost on some of these people who also think that nobody older than 15 has ever played a video game.

Old 10-20-2008, 04:18 PM

118 posts, read 131,897 times
Centaurmyst....I don't believe a word of your post, but what I DO believe is anyone who makes fun of a person who happens to be poor is mentally unbalanced. Shame on you! A word of advise. Be careful of what you say because one day it might come back and bite you in the A**.

Old 10-20-2008, 04:20 PM

14,405 posts, read 26,191,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TillyT View Post
Centaurmyst....I don't believe a word of your post, but what I DO believe is anyone who makes fun of a person who happens to be poor is mentally unbalanced. Shame on you!
What? Anyone who is poor made that choice and I don't want any of my tax dollars going to help their lazy welfare-grubbing asses out.

...what? Oh, sorry, I've been hanging around freerepublic too much....

Old 10-20-2008, 04:21 PM

25,740 posts, read 25,307,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
What? Anyone who is poor made that choice and I don't want any of my tax dollars going to help their lazy welfare-grubbing asses out.

...what? Oh, sorry, I've been hanging around freerepublic too much....
Seriously, how does the above indignant post reconcile with the whole "I don't want MY money going to lazy people with no jobs!" carp we've been fed for months on here now by the Conservative Reich?

Old 10-20-2008, 04:31 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,006,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Which part don't you believe? The two signs, the crackhouse, or my McCain sign in front of my manufactured home? I frankly don't care what you do or don't believe and I'm certainly not going anywhere near the crackhouse to take a picture for you.

I live in West Texas. Hillary THUMPED Obama here in the primary and he doesn't have much support. You can reason through it or keep denying that many parts of the country can't stand Obama.
I can imagine what those parts are

Old 10-20-2008, 04:38 PM

19,126 posts, read 26,633,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
You were also ~13 when the first Harry Potter book came out, but that's lost on some of these people who also think that nobody older than 15 has ever played a video game.
Quite true, and it's funny when people give me the thumbs up because they think I'm voting republican

Old 10-20-2008, 04:47 PM

9,605 posts, read 14,640,433 times
Obama has a lot of support here in Houston. The wealthiest areas/inner loop neighborhoods have a heavy presence of Obama signs. Something else that I find interesting: Around where my friends live in Alief (which is heavily Hispanic) McCain signs outnumber Obama signs at least 3 to 1. As usual, the Hispanic vote seems hard to peg.

Old 10-20-2008, 05:03 PM

355 posts, read 496,764 times
I've instructed my son to go to the repub and dem headquarters and get one sign for every politician. We are going to plant all of them in the yard, and let people make of that what they will.
I was amused the other day when I saw a Kerry Edwards sign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections