U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did Biden's remarks about a crisis blow it for Obama?
Yes, I think he said more than he should 42 43.75%
No, I think it will garner more support for the Obama ticket 14 14.58%
I don't think they'll have any effect at all 36 37.50%
I'm not sure, I'm still thinking about this one. 4 4.17%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 01:51 AM

21,044 posts, read 19,530,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
Great find!

It's amazing how quickly Biden changed his tune once Nobama became his ticket to the White House.
Try reading post 31 , you may learn the OBVIOUS!....or not
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 06:08 AM

3,255 posts, read 4,578,869 times
I think they will manage the situation and in the end, it will be one more distracton for McCain. He was getting on message with the econoomy and now he is forced to go back to beating his chest and telling everyone he is ready for the boogeyman more than Obama is. Obama goes home, his surrogates stay on message with the economy and McCain is scattered once again. McCain is always in a reaction mode vs Obama being proactive. Obama has confidence in his people and is able to both compete in the final weeks for his candidacy while also taking care of family matters that are probably heart wrenching. It shows what good leadership can bring, a good team, so we are not held hostage by one event, we are able to tackle the other needs we have.

Old 10-21-2008, 07:03 AM

4,687 posts, read 5,524,435 times
Let the McCain campaign rant (they're good at it) about the latest from Biden, and Joe the Plumber, and Lord only knows what else, and it will be just more time they're not talking about the issues - the things that really matter to (sane) people. Every minute they spend on that crap puts Obama closer to the White House.

Old 10-21-2008, 07:34 AM

493 posts, read 624,247 times
Biden just speaks his mind. My father is the same way, can't keep shut if his life depended on it. I like that quality and generally trust people who are that way more, however unfortunately the McCain campaign is slimy and slithery and have no original material of their own. They are basing their campaign off of the functioning and mistep of the Obama campaign... that's real "maverick" for ya

Old 10-21-2008, 11:42 AM

5,319 posts, read 7,842,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
You said it. You have nothing to question which translates into blind following. Congratulations! You fit the classic Obamaphile profile.
When I stated "there is nothing to question here", I simply meant that I had given it thought, and I see no valid reason to question Biden's statement.

Once again, Biden's statement is simply his opinion. Nothing more.

There was nothing "evil" about what Biden stated.

Biden is not wishing an attack on the U.S.

Biden was simply guessing, that based on past history, some type of international crisis often occurs during the first six months of new presidencies.

So, based on past history, it's fairly likely that Obama will get a chance to show exactly what he's made of shortly into his presidency.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:55 PM

66,241 posts, read 33,633,272 times
Who do you want on the other end of the phone, @ 3am in the morning.

Too funny!

We now find out how Obama handles a crisis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or