U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 10:47 AM

3,641 posts, read 2,938,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
I like Obama because he is for the little guy.
Thank you for the laugh of the day. I really needed that and I didn't realize that so many naive people still don't know about Obama and what he is for. Oh well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2008, 12:40 PM

2,599 posts, read 604,624 times
You're welcome.http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...Bk8&refer=home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Thank you for the laugh of the day. I really needed that and I didn't realize that so many naive people still don't know about Obama and what he is for. Oh well.

Last edited by highdesertmutz; 01-21-2009 at 06:29 AM..

Old 10-25-2008, 02:53 PM

532 posts, read 578,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
For you personally: It doesn't matter what is relevant to me. republicans are pro big business while skewing the little guy. I like Obama because he is for the little guy. Republicans don't like Obama because he is for the little guy. Obama want's to make big business pay more? that is a penalty for skewing the little guy, and, I'm all for that. big business has been on corporate welfare for 8 years, and now, the welfare as they know it, will be ending, and this is why republicans, rich ones too, can't stand him. and Psssssst, Obama is going to win, I peered into the crystal ball this morning. and, yes, I do pay taxes. fuel, everything I purchase, except foods, new mexico has no tax on food, except fast foods. e.g. mc d's sonic kfc. why should you care what is relevant to me? my opinion is just as good as yours. however different. does that amaze you too? that someone doesn't see things the way YOU DO?
I'll agree that Obama is for the little guy when he donates half of his salary to the "people"--or refuses to take a large salary because the taxpayer can't afford it. Ron Paul refuses his salary, as a congressman. Now, he is for the "little" people.

Old 10-25-2008, 03:15 PM

4,086 posts, read 7,411,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMexicanRepublican View Post
In this thread:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...kay-raise.html

the majority of this forum, which appears to have a Democratic tilt, oppose raising taxes. At the same time, every reasonable person will concede that Obama and the Democrats are the party who has historically raised taxes despite all the campaign promises and rhetoric.

Why would anybody vote for the candidate and party that is in direct opposition to their position on higher taxes?

Obama will raise your total tax burden. I guarantee it.
The forum is heavily democratic. I believe many that are voting for Obama are voting against Bush. They believe Obama is their savior: history tells us democrats raise taxes, increase government programs and we all pay the bill: we'll be in deep hell for four years financially. They blame the economy on Bush, rather than the Clinton years and before. I read an article about the amount of money Obama spends putting the media up in first class hotels and expensive food. I guess that's why the national media expresses open animosity towards McCain.

Old 10-25-2008, 04:56 PM

841 posts, read 484,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMexicanRepublican View Post
In this thread:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...kay-raise.html

the majority of this forum, which appears to have a Democratic tilt, oppose raising taxes. At the same time, every reasonable person will concede that Obama and the Democrats are the party who has historically raised taxes despite all the campaign promises and rhetoric.

Why would anybody vote for the candidate and party that is in direct opposition to their position on higher taxes?

Obama will raise your total tax burden. I guarantee it.
They don't seem to care, but when it hits them they will care. Obama ran for senate promising to lower taxes. As soon as he became Senator he voted to raise taxes and has done so ever since. I urge people to look at McCain's website and Obama's, especially McCain's health care plan where the difference are made clear: myths and facts!

Old 10-25-2008, 04:59 PM

3,641 posts, read 2,938,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roberta View Post
I'll agree that Obama is for the little guy when he donates half of his salary to the "people"--or refuses to take a large salary because the taxpayer can't afford it. Ron Paul refuses his salary, as a congressman. Now, he is for the "little" people.
He has given very little to charity, and only started doing that when he started running for President. Obama does not care for the little guy. Sorry, but anyone that believes he does shows how naive they are out of touch with reality they are.

Old 10-25-2008, 05:03 PM

48,930 posts, read 45,153,672 times
i oppose making me pay for stuff i did not charge. on the other hand if i made the visa charge i should pay. americans love to buy things (like boats BMW's and wars) but hate to pay.
obama 08

Old 10-26-2008, 03:02 PM

1,932 posts, read 1,098,459 times
[quote=Anonymous Political Junky;5852915]He has given very little to charity, and only started doing that when he started running for President. Obama does not care for the little guy. Sorry, but anyone that believes he does shows how naive they are out of touch with reality they are.[/quote

I am not "out of touch with reality" and I am sick to death with 75% of corporations paying NO taxes. Are you saying John McCain is for the little guy?
Pleaseee I do not agree with everything Obama plans to do however, more of the same with McCain and Palin is just plain dumb.

Old 10-26-2008, 03:22 PM

23,504 posts, read 18,824,829 times
My taxes are not going to go up yours are. My handout from the government will be going up and I thank you in advance for your generosity. Your additional contribution will help my daughter to go to a better college then you children may be able to afford. I was worried I might have to find a job but now with the Obama election that won't be necessary. This will help stimulate the college as I will now be able to continue trading my car in every three years for a new one. My BMW tends not to shine as well after three years.

Old 10-26-2008, 03:38 PM

4,179 posts, read 8,951,407 times
Taxes seem to be an issue on here. I have just one question. Have your federal taxes gone down in the last eight years????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections