Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who would you rather have in office if these two were your only choices for 2008?
George Bush 24 43.64%
Hillary Clinton 31 56.36%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 07:03 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,613,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC View Post
No one is stopping you from paying more taxes. Go ahead and chip in if you want to pay more.
Never said I wanted to pay more taxes. I wanted that chimp outsourced to the public in 2004. We wouldn't be in this mess right now if that were the case. What I want is people like you who voted for him to pay for his spending. Since we all know that isn't going to happen, the only way to accomplish it without crippling our country would be to raise taxes.

How come nobody talks about the fact that Mr. Bush is not even remotely addressing the debt he has built up? "War on terror" doesn't pay the bills. I'd like to have a "war on boredom" and run up all my credit cards making myself feel better. Unfortunately, I would have to pay it back. Ironic that he single handedly brought this country from a surplus to this level of debt, and in the same terms also perversed the bankruptcy laws to benefit big business, to ensure that everyone pays back their debts.

It must be nice to just burn money without ever being held accountable for it.

-TT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2007, 07:22 PM

1,736 posts, read 4,744,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
Never said I wanted to pay more taxes.
Of course not, you just want others to pay.
As I said before, if you feel you are not paying enough then by all means pay more. That way you would be paying the same you were paying when your idol Clinton the “chump” was playing president.

Old 02-16-2007, 07:27 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,475,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnycakes View Post
The homeless person goes to the republican's business and files an application and is rejected due to his lack of education. Next, he goes to the homeless shelter and finds the doors closed due to Republican tax cuts resulted in funding cuts for the shelter. Next, he goes to the local school to get the education to get the job and finds there are no spaces for him due to republican tax cuts. He goes to a restaurant but it is populated with Republicans with money and is thrown out. So he donates his money to the Democrats.

As Paul Harvey would say, now you know the rest of the story.
Even the uneducated can get work when they want. It just takes longer and they must work harder for it. Homeless shelters should be run by donations and churches Not tax dollars. Education should always be funded this is 1 area that should never be affected. But I must admit I do believe teachers to be overpaid. Except for the new to field teachers. Go to a different restaurant. I have had to leave Hippie eateries due to the foul odor coming from the liberal tree huggers that don't shower. Fair is fair.

Old 02-16-2007, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Of course not, you just want others to pay.
As I said before, if you feel you are not paying enough then by all means pay more. That way you would be paying the same you were paying when your idol Clinton the “chump” was playing president.
Care to explain exactly how you think we're going to pay down the deficit without raising taxes? I'm intrigued.

...and no simple "cuts". WHAT are we cutting?

-TT

Old 02-16-2007, 07:51 PM

1,736 posts, read 4,744,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
Care to explain exactly how you think we're going to pay down the deficit without raising taxes? I'm intrigued.

...and no simple "cuts". WHAT are we cutting?

-TT
Tax revenues have increased since the tax cuts were implemented.
If you think there is no room for tax cuts you are delusional. There is so much waste in government I would start with a 30% cut in all social programs and everything Kennedy has planned.

Old 02-16-2007, 08:06 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,475,624 times
Quote:
Tax revenues have increased since the tax cuts were implemented.
If you think there is no room for tax cuts you are delusional. There is so much waste in government I would start with a 30% cut in all social programs and everything Kennedy has planned.
You trying to say Kennedy waste money? Cough cough, Big Dig
You are correct this is the route to go.

Old 02-16-2007, 08:11 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,118,785 times
Landsake, alive, I sure both neither of you ever want for anything!

You know I am very touchy about Mr. Kennedy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhyrnut View Post
You trying to say Kennedy waste money? Cough cough, Big Dig
You are correct this is the route to go.

Old 02-16-2007, 08:14 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,440,827 times
I watched a sport fishing show with George Bush featured. He caught an under sized fish, made a joke, tossed it to his dog, saying," he likes to play with them." I thought this action showed the essential conscienceless, corrupt soul of the man. He is not a Christian, he uses the Christian religion as a mask. He is a sociopath.

Old 02-16-2007, 08:20 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,118,785 times
Smack me up the side of me head: a sociopath!

Now why didn't I come up with that diagnosis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
I watched a sport fishing show with George Bush featured. He caught an under sized fish, made a joke, tossed it to his dog, saying," he likes to play with them." I thought this action showed the essential conscienceless, corrupt soul of the man. He is not a Christian, he uses the Christian religion as a mask. He is a sociopath.

Old 02-16-2007, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Well that little episode must have been buried. Catching a fish, then tossing it to your dog to be "played with" because it was undersized? I wish we could toss George to the Iraqis to be "played with".

....and I've been telling people that for years. He is not now, nor has he ever been a Christian according to the set of beliefs those people are supposed to live by.

-TT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections