Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 03:11 PM

1,720 posts, read 2,545,687 times

Advertisements

One last note about Ryan. He had one of his campaign workers follow Obama around in public, and videotape everything he did. I remember people not caring for that too much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 03:16 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,735,191 times
[quote=Badger;5790057]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
President of the Law Review can publish in the review or not, it's at his discretion. so when in a position of power he does nothing, more talk, no actionAnd it's a tremendous honor to be on the Harvard Law Review, something many, many people have aspired to, but only a select few have actually achieved.

Alaska may be the largest state, but substantial portions are under federal control, not state control. With a minimal population, and the entirely different challenges facing Alaska than the challenges that face the lower 48, non-sequitor , you mean Alaska's people don't deal with the same problems that people in the lower 48 do? her experience is difficult to compare with, for instance, the Governor of Illinois. The diversity of the population you mean like alaska doesn't have dozens of different types of natives living in the state? you were saying?, the substantially increased number of citizens, the lack of natural resourcesamerica is full of natural resources, create a completely different executive experience than the one Palin has had, but the experience of the Governor of Illinois may actually be more consistent with the challenges that the President of the United States may have to face.

Obama doesn't have any executive experience. But he's got legislative experienceplease name me all his legislative accomplishments, all the important bills he's authored, committees he's chaired, foreign leaders he's met with etc. he runs on change b/c he' s got no experience. And his job is to enforce the laws the legislature passes. His job is to defend the Constitution of the United States. His job is to craft a foreign policy with no foreign policy experiencethat will provide for defense of American territories, and assist the economic growth of the United States. Obama can do this, and so can his VP, Senator Biden. McCain can also do this, but I'm not so sure Palin is ready for the task.again, why are you people so hot for her? she's at the bottom of the ticket, Mr. Inexperienced is at the top of the Dem ticket![/quote]
Instead of hi-jacking my post, it would have been easier to read and respond to if you had simply made your points. Now you've muddied the whole thing.

Point 1. Being named President of the Harvard Law Review is a great achievement, for anyone. The President of the Law Review has to put this publication together, and if chooses to be a contributor or not, it is his decision. You can play nah-nah-nah-nah all you want about the fact he chose not to contribute an article. He contributed in many other ways, and the fact that you want to dismiss this achievement says more about you than it does about him.

Point 2. I didn't say that Alaska's people don't deal with the same things that other Americans deal with. That was firstly, your statement inserted into my post, and secondly, your poor attempt to twist what I said. The Governor of one of the least populous states, where about 1/3 of the physical land mass falls under federal land management, who funds her state-level operations from significant oil-company income, has a distinctly different executive experience than any, any, of the governors of the other 49 states. They'll all tell you so, if you'd take the time to check.

Point 3. What is the function of the Vice-President? It is to be ready to be the President of the United States. The tie-breaking vote in the Senate, that was to give this office a designated task. The job, it's to perform the tasks the President assigns you. The post exists so that someone can step into the role of the President at a moment's notice, and fulfill the tasks of the President. It exists so that if the President is killed or somehow rendered unable to serve, that our government can continue with relatively little disruption. Our government, our country depend on the VP to be competent and able and ready 100% of the time. Palin isn't ready.

Old 10-21-2008, 03:16 PM

81 posts, read 269,283 times
Thumbs down Hmmm !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooter View Post
Ain't it funny that Republican Vice Presidential candidate Palin has FAR MORE EXPERIENCE than the Democratic Presidential candidate Barrack Obama (what a name for our President)? How can anyone with an IQ over 50 possibly think that Obama is the best candidate for President of the United States? Can you say STUPID?
A rose by any other name would smell just as sweet! You are worried that he really is the best. You would not be sounding off if he didn't matter. If you feel McCain is better, get off your buns and offer to work in or out of a Republican office near you. Hey, I'll work for Obama and you keep complaining. Actions speak louder than words!!!

Obama '08

Old 10-21-2008, 03:23 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,234,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
WHAT's really sad AND stupid is that you don't see your own hypocrisy in whining about Obama not picking Hillary because of the votes she got and then championing McCain for picking someone who got ZERO votes.

And yes, I vote, drive, ride a motorcycle, and fly airplanes.

And I read, how about you?
I read, a lot, but Sarh doesn't. That's more relevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
then why is he the only one who hasn't opened his medical records.

keep trying.
Has Sarah released hers?

Old 10-21-2008, 03:30 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,548,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post

Has Sarah released hers?
why are you guys so hot for everything she does? she's not running for Pres, barry is and hasn't released them.

you play the game that McCain is too old, blah blah blah but barry hasn't released them and he's at the top of the ticket.

McCain's mom is doing fine thank you.

Old 10-21-2008, 03:44 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,385,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
yeah but he's been running for president longer than the 1.5 years he was in the Senate before he declared his canidacy.

Was there a point you were trying make here?

Old 10-21-2008, 03:49 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,921,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooter View Post
Poor fellow. If you only knew how "simple" you sound by making that statement!
Likewise for your statements in this thread.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:24 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,506,068 times
I think the "simple" fact is Americans are clamoring for something different. They want a change. McCain does not represent change. Sure he can get into a pissing match with Obama over Ayers and so forth. But that's a slippery slope. Reagan (my favorite president of all time) had ties to terrorists in that case. He sold arms to Iran. It's the nature of the beast. In fact, this gives me an idea for a thread!

Old 10-21-2008, 06:50 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,548,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Was there a point you were trying make here?
did you have a serious response to a valid point made by me.

what I love about the Obots is that as soon as you actually start talking facts they can't say anything, just "hope" and "change" , thanks for proving my point.

Old 10-21-2008, 07:49 PM

604 posts, read 1,837,509 times
Im not gonna lie
i think obama won the democratic nomination because of his race
hilary was far more deserving...but people didnt like her
really both candidates suck
do you want some guy who talks a bunch of bull or some guy who is waaay too old (im not saying hes dumb but hes dumber than he was like 20 yrs ago and looks more like 80 than 72 or so)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections