Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 08:20 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
I find it laughable that you all post here as if she was wrong but meanwhile you are all wrong.

"The formal powers and role of the vice president are limited by the Constitution to becoming President should the President become unable to serve (e.g. due to the death, resignation, or medical impairment of the President) and acting as the presiding officer of the U.S. Senate. As President of the Senate, the Vice President has two primary duties: to cast a vote in the event of a Senate deadlock and to preside over and certify the official vote count of the U.S. Electoral College."

Go get your dunce hats.
Are you serious? She is part of the executive branch, not the legislative. Her powers are extremely limited and precise in terms of the Senate. Get your own dunce hat out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 08:27 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,632,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2008 View Post
I'll quote my original response to you where I addressed this very point:

Look, if Palin showed even a basic understanding of the federal government and the Constitution, you could pass this off as a one-off mistake. But that is not the case. She has repeatedly shown that she lacks the knowledge, interest or frankly the education or intellect, to grasp even simple concepts related to the workings of Washington and the Constitution.

This statement, along with so many others, show that Gov. Palin is completely and utterly over-her-head and unqualified to take any federal office, let alone the Vice President!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

She could have just said that the Vice President is the President of the Senate and takes over the Presidency if something, god-forbid, happens to the President. Although that would not be a complete answer, it would be a factually correct answer and something a child could understand. Her statement was simply factually wrong.

Again, this is not the first time she has shown that she really doesn't fully grasp the official duties of the Vice President under the Constitution.
So she tells him the the VP is the Pres of the Senate.

He then asks what a Pres. does.

She answers that the Pres. is in charge of things.

Kind of breaks down to the same answer she gave.

So many ready to just attack rather than taking a common sense look at things.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:34 PM

134 posts, read 326,149 times
Quote:
So she tells him the the VP is the Pres of the Senate.

He then asks what a Pres. does.

She answers that the Pres. is in charge of things.

Kind of breaks down to the same answer she gave.

So many ready to just attack rather than taking a common sense look at things.
The President of the Senate does not mean "in charge of things." It means, if you want to be precise, a tie-break vote. Simple enough for a child to understand.

Again, her history has shown that she lacks the basic knowledge and understanding of the very office she apparently wants to hold. This statement just adds to that very "common sense" perception.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Are you serious? She is part of the executive branch, not the legislative. Her powers are extremely limited and precise in terms of the Senate. Get your own dunce hat out.
Where did I ever mention a branch of government?
When you make things up to try and support your argument you lose.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:49 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,439,375 times
Default Gov. Palin Still Doesn't Know what the VP Does

Poor Palin! You guys just keep picking on her unfairly!

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c343/skoro52/sarah_palin_pvt_pyle.jpg (broken link)

What does she need to do to prove her worthiness? Survive boot camp?

Old 10-21-2008, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Where did I ever mention a branch of government?
When you make things up to try and support your argument you lose.
Ugh, I'm embarrassed for you. Try reading the Constitution. You are ascribing legislative activities to the Vice Presidency that the position does not have.

Just in case you can't find a link to the Constitution here it is: Index Page - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

But I think that you should probably start here:
The Constitution for Kids (Kindergarten - 3rd Grade) - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

Old 10-21-2008, 08:56 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Hahahahahaha.......her own child probably thinks she's an idiot. "Thanks mom....the kids laughed at me when I gave that answer and I failed".

Gee I wonder why she went to 4 schools in 6 years
It was 5 schools in 6 years to get a 4 year degree

Old 10-21-2008, 08:59 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,120,095 times
Default Obama/Biden08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
It was 5 schools in 6 years to get a 4 year degree
ouch...but she's qualified to be vp..

Old 10-21-2008, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Ugh, I'm embarrassed for you. Try reading the Constitution. You are ascribing legislative activities to the Vice Presidency that the position does not have.

Just in case you can't find a link to the Constitution here it is: Index Page - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

But I think that you should probably start here:
The Constitution for Kids (Kindergarten - 3rd Grade) - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net
That's 2 posts by you that are saying something I did not say at all.

Nice try, but nowhere at all did I state any powers that are not outlined in the Constitution.

You should be embarrassed for yourself because your reading comprehension rivals a 1st graders.

Old 10-22-2008, 12:03 AM

Quote:
That's 2 posts by you that are saying something I did not say at all.

Nice try, but nowhere at all did I state any powers that are not outlined in the Constitution.

You should be embarrassed for yourself because your reading comprehension rivals a 1st graders.
Good lord, I hate to admit it, but you are right. I was conflating your posts with another thread on the same topic.

Sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections