Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2008, 02:30 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,460,378 times

Advertisements

Pindell Report forecasts biggest Election Day for Democrats in 60 years | Politicker (http://www.politicker.com/pindell-report-forecasts-biggest-election-day-democrats-60-years - broken link)
//
Pindell said that Republican Sens. Norm Coleman (Minn.), Elizabeth Dole (N.C.), Gordon Smith (Ore.), and John Sununu (N.H.) will be defeated, and that Democrats will win the seats of retiring Republican senators in Colorado, New Mexico and Virginia. Pindell believes three Republicans in tough re-election contests -- Mitch McConnell (Ky.), Saxby Chambliss (Ga.) and Roger Wicker (Miss.) -- will win narrowly.
//
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 02:52 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,254,661 times
The Pindell Report must have gone to press before Michelle Bachmann, the crazy congresswoman , appeared on Hardball. I think you can add her to the list.

Old 10-21-2008, 04:27 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,839,827 times
...which will lead to Republican landslide victories in 2012. Liberal policy always sound good on paper, after four years of implementation everyone will remember the reality and unintended consequences of the policies.

Old 10-21-2008, 04:33 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,460,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
...which will lead to Republican landslide victories in 2012. Liberal policy always sound good on paper, after four years of implementation everyone will remember the reality and unintended consequences of the policies.

I guess you're not aware of what happened in U.S. national politics after the Great Depression. Almost 40 years of Democrat party rule in the Congress.

Old 10-21-2008, 04:45 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,031,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
I guess you're not aware of what happened in U.S. national politics after the Great Depression. Almost 40 years of Democrat party rule in the Congress.
Hopefully it will take another forty years for the GOP to make a comeback, by which time I'll either be 100 years old, or dead. I don't want to see or even think about another GOP president, ever.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:01 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,839,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
Tell me, was this the Democrat party of today, or the "former" Democrats of the KKK and segregation? I always hear how the dems from that era became the Republicans after the civil right movement(brilliant diversionary tactic to get out from under being the party of racists btw) so which dems are we talking about; the current hard left congress or the moderate conservative dems of a bygone era? The moderate wing of your party is all but gone, so you may not want to whole-heartedly believe history will repeat itself.

For the record, I am not a fan of how the GOP has been hijacked. We desperately need to revert back to our Federalist Republic before the whole system comes crashing down on our heads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections