Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 12:56 AM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
I SOOO wish I had cable. This guy tells it like it is!!!
Are you serious?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
Well, Keith is incredibly biased, but I will say this --

He's never dropped to the level of the likes of O'Reilly. No screaming at guests, rambling incoherently, etc. Keith always makes his (biased) points with intelligent and level-headed commentary & humor. Agree with it or not, it's much closer to real editorial content than O'Reilly, Limbaugh, Savage, Hannity, and their clones. Yelling at your guests does get ratings, though, so I wouldn't expect Olbermann to be topping the charts anytime soon.
Olbermann isn't fit to sharpen O'Reilly's pencils!

O'Reilly doesn't "scream at guests" anywhere near as much as claimed. That is just the leftist's claim which isn't true.
And what is this "rambling incoherently?" Care to provide some actual examples?

Old 10-22-2008, 12:58 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,876,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakecountylifer View Post
I disapprove of your message. SO does everyone else apparently due to the fact MSNBC has viewership of 94 people and a parrot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
O'Reilly doesn't "scream at guests" anywhere near as much as claimed. That is just the leftist's claim which isn't true.
At least you recognize that he does! Some might actually think that is journalism. Glad you aren't so easily fooled. As I said, yelling at your guests gets ratings. Everyone wants the Jerry Springer moment. So yeah, as I ALREADY SAID, Fox News will kill MSNBC in the ratings.

Personally, I don't go for Jerry Springer and professional wrestling. So CNN and MSNBC are my preferred choices. I guess I'm one of the 94.

Old 10-22-2008, 12:59 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Default Somehow I think you disagree with this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakecountylifer View Post
Boy your drinking the Kool-Aid huh? Olbermann is a sports hack who got fired at ESPN and Fox---Yes Fox. Because he is bitter he went to MSNBC with a chip on his shoulder----probably 99% of what the guy says is for theatrics only. All he cares about is getting his ESPN gig back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Are you serious?
What is "pro-America", Senator? Is it pro-America to call a man a racist because he endorses a different candidate? Senator, you have based your campaign on many premises, but the foremost (and the most nearly admirable) of all of them, have been the pitches about "reaching across the aisle," and putting, as your ubiquitous banners reed, "country first."

So when Colin Powell endorses your opponent, you say nothing as your supporters and proxies paint him in this "Anti-America" frame and place him in Gov. Palin's un-real America. Sen. McCain, did not Gen. Powell just "reach across the aisle?" Did he not, in his own mind at least, "put country first?" Is it not your responsibility, Senator, to, if not applaud, then at least quiet those in your half of our fractured political equation?

Is it not your responsibility, Senator, to say "enough" to Republican smears without end? Is it not your responsibility, Senator, to insist that, win or lose, you will not be party to a campaign that devolves into hatred and prejudice and divisiveness? And Sen. McCain, if it is not your responsibility, whose is it?

- k olbermann

Old 10-22-2008, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
"The 2000th day since the declaration of 'Mission Accomplished' in Iraq."
There just isn't anything else to say...
Since major combat was over when claimed, mission was accomplished!
So you're right... there isn't anything else to say.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:02 AM

Quote:
I claim it happens all the time. As I said, yelling at your guests gets ratings. Everyone wants the Jerry Springer moment. So yeah, as I ALREADY SAID, Fox News will kill MSNBC in the ratings.

Personally, I don't go for Jerry Springer and professional wrestling. So CNN and MSNBC are my preferred choices. I guess I'm one of the 94.
Then you're not right... it doesn't happen "all the time."
I watch (and listen to) O'Reilly everyday. Unless you also do, then I would know more about his shows than you.

Fox News kills MSNBC in the ratings not because of "yelling," but because MSNBC is a joke of a network and leans far to the left.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:02 AM

1,966 posts, read 2,702,939 times
Quote:
Well, Keith is incredibly biased, but I will say this --

He's never dropped to the level of the likes of O'Reilly. No screaming at guests, rambling incoherently, etc. Keith always makes his (biased) points with intelligent and level-headed commentary & humor. Agree with it or not, it's much closer to real editorial content than O'Reilly, Limbaugh, Savage, Hannity, and their clones. Yelling at your guests does get ratings, though, so I wouldn't expect Olbermann to be topping the charts anytime soon.
EXACTLY my point. Some people may not agree with his (biased) views, but no one can logically claim that Olbermann is not an excellent journalist who gives reasoned, rational reports regarding current political news. Sure, he's biased, but he is a true journalist, unlike his moronic FOX counterparts who claim to be journalists, but realistically, are nothing of the sort.

Last edited by Politico; 10-22-2008 at 01:26 AM.. Reason: sp

Old 10-22-2008, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
What is "pro-America", Senator? Is it pro-America to call a man a racist because he endorses a different candidate? Senator, you have based your campaign on many premises, but the foremost (and the most nearly admirable) of all of them, have been the pitches about "reaching across the aisle," and putting, as your ubiquitous banners reed, "country first."

So when Colin Powell endorses your opponent, you say nothing as your supporters and proxies paint him in this "Anti-America" frame and place him in Gov. Palin's un-real America. Sen. McCain, did not Gen. Powell just "reach across the aisle?" Did he not, in his own mind at least, "put country first?" Is it not your responsibility, Senator, to, if not applaud, then at least quiet those in your half of our fractured political equation?

Is it not your responsibility, Senator, to say "enough" to Republican smears without end? Is it not your responsibility, Senator, to insist that, win or lose, you will not be party to a campaign that devolves into hatred and prejudice and divisiveness? And Sen. McCain, if it is not your responsibility, whose is it?

- k olbermann
Olbermann just said a whole bunch of nothing! As if there are no Democrat smears!

Old 10-22-2008, 01:04 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
EXACTLY my point. Some people may not believe with his (biased) views, but no one can logically claim that Olbermann is not an excellent journalist who gives reasoned, rational reports regarding current political news. Sure, he's biased, but he is a true journalist, unlike his moronic FOX counterparts who claim to be journalists, but realisticly, are nothing of the sort.
I think they call themselves Conservative Commentators.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
EXACTLY my point. Some people may not believe with his (biased) views, but no one can logically claim that Olbermann is not an excellent journalist who gives reasoned, rational reports regarding current political news. Sure, he's biased, but he is a true journalist, unlike his moronic FOX counterparts who claim to be journalists, but realisticly, are nothing of the sort.
They claim to be (and are) commentators.
But I can understand that you're sore because Fox News slaughters MSNBC in the ratings. And that more people would rather watch O'Reilly (and Hannity) than Olbermann.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections